florida is way to hot for my car.

stal94gt

Established Member
i recently installed a 2.9 on my car hoping it would not generate as much heat as the eaton. unfortunatly the heat is so bad here it does not matter cause the ic water is always extreamly hot. i cant even remember what my car feels like with full power cause my iat2's are getting to the temp my car pulls timing down to 9 degrees. just wanted to rant cause there is nothing i can do except try out the killer chill, even though i hate running my ac.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
You can turn off the passenger a/c at will if you buy and install the right K/C kit.:rockon::beer:

Are you referring to closing the vents in the cabin? I dont remember their being any notes in the instructions about making a modification to shutting it off inside the car.:shrug:

OP, it does do a great job, my IC fluid is real cold, and AC shuts off WOT so no need to manually turn it off.

Great mod.

2001blkR

Established Member
Hate running your ac in Florida? Killer chiller with es12a got my post blower ic temps to 42 degrees.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Lol its hot and humid here as well. We've already seen a few 100 degree days with plus 90% humidity.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Move to a non Volcanic temperature state.

:lol1: ahahahaaha volcanic temp state!!!

On another note you can do the K/C like some have mentioned. I'm personally going to be doing a C&R GT500 heat exchanger and mount it up to my car somehow :D

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
:lol1: ahahahaaha volcanic temp state!!!

On another note you can do the K/C like some have mentioned. I'm personally going to be doing a C&R GT500 heat exchanger and mount it up to my car somehow :D

Just curious as to the size difference to ours, and you gonna run fans on it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm not to sure of the size difference but here is how I see it.. If the turbo guys on both the 96-98 Cobras and the 03/04 guys can run a big ass A/A intercooler then there is no reason that that heat exchanger won't work with some custom brackets and a little fabricating.. I have the dimensions from Van at Raven Racing and it seem to be that it'll fit.. :thumbsup:

kleistang

Established Member
its been real hot down here lately, thank god i dont get to drive my car everyday with no a/c.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
florida isn't that hot.. what, 100 or so degrees? Today El Centro California is looking to be 114 degrees for a high temperature and it's still a month away from the really hot days..

derockgt

Established Member
yeah its pretty hot here i noticed once the car gets warmed up my IAT2s are at ~130 while doing 50mph. then shoot up to 147-149 range while idleing in traffic. even when i iced the tank at the track it was still reading 108-110. need killer chiller!!! hey OP you should come to the mustang club car show this sat at gary smith ford PM me or txt me for details

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
Come to Vega$ then we can talk about hot........104-115 Degrees during the summer... i don't even drive my car from June-Sept

SVTDice

Established Member
All I know is I'm not driving my car untill all this smoke goes away. From the Wildfires, Its just hot. Muggy, Bleh. Not good driving conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread