Florida Cobra Owners

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
First off, hope everyone is safe out here.

I'm curious how members in the South of FL are preparing for this storm (in relation to their car). Are ya'll just leaving the car in the garage and hoping for the best, or do any of you evacuate with the car in tow?

Here in Orlando, i'm thinking (and hoping) that flooding will be kept to a minimum. I am however thinking of putting the car up on jack stands, just in case the water starts rising higher than predicted. Should be interesting...

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Was thinking about this yesterday... Hope everyone makes it out safe this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would split..

We almost got Harvey here..but we did get hit hard on fuel..

I had no option than to use 87...ouch hurts saying that..

Good luck guys..

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
When I lived in Tampa from 01 to 05, I had to evacuate once. The storm was not as big as Irma, but did hit Tampa and pushed through to Orlando. A lot of wind damage, but not so much on flooding.

I went in land to a hotel and took my Roush with me (Didn't have the Cobra at the time). There were a bunch of kids and families there ridding the storm out. I parked near the building and hoped roof tops and trees would avoid the car. Then I was worried about kids running around and scratching it.

It was a frigging nightmare for a car guy. Thank GOD nothing happened to the car. I drove back to my apartment complex afterwards and there were tree branches all over the parking lot (would have F'ed my Roush up pretty bad if I stayed).

If you feel you need to evacuate I would take the car with you "IF" possible. Your life is worth a hell of a lot more than that car though. If you live in an elevated area and feel by the time the storm gets to Orlando it will have dissipated enough that flooding will be minimal, then jack stands should help.

Good luck brother!!! Living in Florida is awesome, but those damn hurricanes are a major pain in the @$$ to deal with.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I only have a one car garage and 2 nice cars, the Cobra will be in there, gonna park the Coyote 5.0 in the back yard away from all my trees.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i live in new orleans and have all my life, hurricanes and flooding are just something you get used to i guess. i personally take my cobra with me on the trailer. load the wife and kids in the truck and car on the back and go to where ever we go. we try and make a vacation out of it. if im spending the money to travel i might as well be somewhere fun. if my car would have been here for katrina it would have been gone. if you cant take it id put it in a garage on some stands and hope for the best.
good luck to all in florida! be smart and stay safe

04termi black beast

Established Member
My 97 cobra is sitting in my father's backyard in miami I just feel so helpless and so worry for my family but also for my car I don't want to lose it. I am currently living in texas and there is nothing I can't do other than pray for my car and family. I just bought my first terminator and am happy for that but I feel way much love for my 97 cobra. I have had it for more than 10+ years, went to high school with him, college, parties, girls lol many other adventures with him and never ever broke or disappointed me at anytime. Hope it don't get flooded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Praying for all of you folks. Hopefully the majority have heeded warnings to evacuate. This is one serious hurricane. As others have said, please be smart and please be safe.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Best of luck to anyone down there. The south is getting hammered by bad weather this year, feel bad for you guys in Texas/Florida. Think it would be time for a road trip if I was down there. Come back in a week.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'm in Jacksonville, so I'm way north, but I moved my car inland to a buddies house. He is about 85 feet above sealevel with no major river/creeks in the area.

Alot of my cobra friends are getting out of town. I was helping my friend with his stuff today. He had to leave behind a TT 04 cobra project(garaged and on stands). His g/f is towing his 04 and following behind in his buddies GT350..

Since my cobra is out of my garage i managed to squeeze our two JKUs inside. I don't think we'll flood, but I wanted to make sure and get my car as far away as possible without me evacuating.

BMSTNG

Established Member
Thanks for everybody's thoughts and prayers were going to need them. I live about 4 miles west of Ft. Myers and the way it looks now it's coming right over us. We're going to ride it out, we thought about heading out but they kept saying it was going up the east coast and now it's turned for the west coast. To late to go anywhere now just have to hunker down and prey. My Cobra and Notch, are in the garage, hopefully they'll stay protected but most of all I prey for my family and myself and everyone else that may be affected by this monster of a hurricane. Just remember metal can be replaced lives can't

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
In the garage covered. I'm pretty high as far as flooding goes, but that depends on how much rain we get.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Unless something's changed I haven't seen much rain forecast from this storm, 12" maybe? It's definitely the wind on this one.

Best of luck everyone

IllCobra

Established Member
Unless something's changed I haven't seen much rain forecast from this storm, 12" maybe? It's definitely the wind on this one.

Best of luck everyone
^^^ This

Lucky this storm is moving somewhat quick ~13 mph.
My Cobra is sitting on stands at my grandparent's garage since i'm still working on installing the engine. They're in the Vero beach/Sebastian area. The area isn't prone to heavy flooding. I've lived in the area since i was a kid and stayed through all the hurricanes and it never flooded that bad through any of them, so i'm not that worried about the flooding; winds are another story. Hopefully it doesn't blow the garage door down .... I moved to Orlando a couple months ago and am currently in middle-of-nowhere, NY for work, so I can't do much until i get back next week. Hoping all is good when i get back...

Westbayou

Established Member
Moved mine to my folks garage since they are at a higher elevation and my garage likes to flood. Time to hunker down and hang on.

Users who are viewing this thread