Flight Simulator Anyone???

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I must have tried 7 graphics cards in the last 60 or so days, and during the trial period for nearly every card I used Flight Simulator X as a method in which to test my system graphical abilities (this game primarily taxes CPU strength over GPU, but I've set the antiliasing levels and other graphical settings very high for every session). Longer rant short, I took lots of pics and wanted to see what anyone else might have to share.

Here's some of my personal favorites from my own experiences playing this fantastic game:

Carrier_ult.jpg

747_3.jpg
s
Chase7472.jpg

F14_5.jpg

HD4890.jpg

AirForce6.jpg

GTX2852.jpg

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
looks badass, what is your favorite card/cpu/ram combo thus far?

Here's what I got running right now:

GFX Card: BFG GTX285 OC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (lightly overclocked to 3.06Ghz)
RAM: 4 GB Patriot G-Series (DDR2 PC8500 1066mhz)
MB: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Of this the only real brand change I've made is from NVidia to ATI and then back to NVidia. In order, I tried: NVidia 9800 GT, NVidia GTX260 OC, NVidia GTX275 OC, ATI Radeon HD4890 XOC, NVidia GTX285 OC. I know that seems ridiculous, and it is, but there is a story behind every one of those cards are where they wound up. ;-)

Camilo

Established Member
You should try a game called Lock on or Lock On:Flaming cliffs. Its a Combat sim. I like the Flaming Cliffs version better, you can do more in it. You can also Mod the crap out of it.

Some example:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_uxz-Mp58Y"]YouTube - Lock On: No Fear[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSDnOz1yxI&feature=fvsr"]YouTube - M3[/ame]
You can also fly the A-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=***Sk0c8DtA

Last edited:

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I love flight simulator, do you have the acceleration pack?

Yes I do, along with a F-16 add-on pack, 'Flight Deck 5,' and 'Real Environment Xtreme.'

You should try a game called Lock on or Lock On:Flaming cliffs. Its a Combat sim. I like the Flaming Cliffs version better, you can do more in it. You can also Mod the crap out of it.

Very cool. Do the pics you posted represent the game in modded form?

RussZTT

Established Member
That is freaking awesome. I can't wait to get done with my rig so I can start with the simulators :rockon:

Camilo

Established Member
Yes I do, along with a F-16 add-on pack, 'Flight Deck 5,' and 'Real Environment Xtreme.'

Very cool. Do the pics you posted represent the game in modded
form?

Not sure. It would depend on you setup. but all mods and models for the game are free.

Users who are viewing this thread