Flight Simulator Anyone???

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Not sure. It would depend on you setup. but all mods and models for the game are free.

Most jets and such are free, but not this one. This F16 had a lot of development time invested, and it shows during gameplay. I've tried a lot of the freeware F15's, F16's, etc, and NONE of them compare with this one (especially the virtual cockpit!!).

Z06

Established Member
the last flight simulator i played was the one before FSX and i loved the game. i had everything done to it but a crappy rig and strapped for cash didn't allow me to upgrade my pc or to FSX. In due time though.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Here's what I got running right now:

GFX Card: BFG GTX285 OC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (lightly overclocked to 3.06Ghz)
RAM: 4 GB Patriot G-Series (DDR2 PC8500 1066mhz)
MB: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Of this the only real brand change I've made is from NVidia to ATI and then back to NVidia. In order, I tried: NVidia 9800 GT, NVidia GTX260 OC, NVidia GTX275 OC, ATI Radeon HD4890 XOC, NVidia GTX285 OC. I know that seems ridiculous, and it is, but there is a story behind every one of those cards are where they wound up. ;-)

Are you using a stick?

I have a similar system, but with a Q9550, GTX280 and 8GB.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Are you using a stick?

I have a similar system, but with a Q9550, GTX280 and 8GB.

Similar systems indeed! What mother board are you running? I too would run 8GB of ram, but I'm operating on a 32bit version of Windows XP Pro. I'm considering a switch to 64bit version of Windows 7 when it releases though.

As for the stick question, I am embarrassed to admit that I am using a Logitech game controller.. primary reason being that my computer desk is small. I have played with a stick & throttle combo before but to do it right you really need the stick, throttle, AND the rudder pedals which is expensive; probably a bit of a hassle to configure all of those controls, but in time I may make take the plunge.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Similar systems indeed! What mother board are you running? I too would run 8GB of ram, but I'm operating on a 32bit version of Windows XP Pro. I'm considering a switch to 64bit version of Windows 7 when it releases though.

As for the stick question, I am embarrassed to admit that I am using a Logitech game controller.. primary reason being that my computer desk is small. I have played with a stick & throttle combo before but to do it right you really need the stick, throttle, AND the rudder pedals which is expensive; probably a bit of a hassle to configure all of those controls, but in time I may make take the plunge.

I'm using an Asus P5Q Deluxe and Vista 64. Getting ready to reformat with a bigger system drive, probably a Velociraptor 150 or 300 for my programs and OS.

Users who are viewing this thread