Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle thread

Gravik

Established Member
haha yeah I try to limit the shakes to just the 60gr of protein after workout, and eating whole foods instead. But as filling as it is I might have to go the 1000cal shake route.
Here's mine

2c 1% milk (220cal)
4tbsp peanut butter (400cal)
2 scoops whey protein (200cal)
1 banana (100cal)
2 1/4 c cereal (360cal) (been using honeynut cheerios or special k)
1c vanilla yogurt (230cal)
Ice

white99stang

Established Member
Here's mine

2c 1% milk (220cal)
4tbsp peanut butter (400cal)
2 scoops whey protein (200cal)
1 banana (100cal)
2 1/4 c cereal (360cal) (been using honeynut cheerios or special k)
1c vanilla yogurt (230cal)
Ice

That sounds really damn good. Family is out at a nice Italian dinner, I had to stay home and eat my 8oz ground beef with 200gr of sweet potato. Joy

Gravik

Established Member
That sounds really damn good. Family is out at a nice Italian dinner, I had to stay home and eat my 8oz ground beef with 200gr of sweet potato. Joy
It's filling.

And nice. I just had 2 servings of penne pasta and 6oz ground beef. Can't do sweet potatoes lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I do thank you for that information. I guess I should have asked for a schedule. As in, do you do chest/triceps one day, biceps/back one day, shoulders the next day, legs the last day?
You got it brother! That's the way to do it if you want to double up on the muscle groups. Those muscle groups work in tandem with each other. You're on the right track! Good luck!
Remember, it's quality over quantity.

I say work on one body part per workout and go hard. Designate a day for arms, a day for chest, a day for shoulders, a day for back, a day for legs. That will get u going. That's what i an doing.
I've been doing this for years and it works great for me. Short workouts and rest/recovery is growth.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you guys use for supplements?
I use Muscle Pharm BCAA's. 3 before working out and 3 right after working out. I should probably take some whey protein, but I'm good with the BCAA's. I used to, but it doesn't agree with my stomach. :nono: lol

white99stang

Established Member
BCAA's are BCAA's really, even though i would recommend a powder BCAA over pill form. I took muscle pharm bcaa's before taking Xtends, and like the powder form better. You can drink it while you are working out and during cardio. Supplements are not end all be all and there is no magic pills but they do help give you a little edge in what you are trying to accomplish. Right now for cutting I do take alot of stuff. Your basic fish oil, creatine, glutamine, protein, L-carnatine, and CLA's. I was on a test booster for a while and don't know what it really did for me, but now am on a anti-estrogen since i hold water like a woman haha. Also am on a fat burner synedrex that is no joke, makes me pretty jittery in the morning. And old school supp that you can try if trying to gain lean muscle is doing a 12 week cycle of muscletech HMB. Didn't do as advertised but was able to gain about a few pounds of lean muscle. Again this is all a matter of opinion but I am taking what my coach tells me to take.

dom418

Established Member
A lot of it is genetics as well. Some are just naturally more lean and muscular than others. Like the guys that can eat whatever they want and still be lean as hell.

My issue is love handles. No matter how mean I get that area was always curvy lol

Troponin

Established Member
What do you guys use for supplements?
I use Muscle Pharm BCAA's. 3 before working out and 3 right after working out. I should probably take some whey protein, but I'm good with the BCAA's. I used to, but it doesn't agree with my stomach. :nono: lol

BCAAs are found in all lean meats. If you are getting an adequate amount of protein, then you are getting more than enough BCAAs. Therefore, if you have to supplement them, your diet is bad.

There is only one circumstance in which BCAAs could help, and that's if you are having a lot of appetite issues and cannot force feed yourself enough lean meats. I have been there a couple times and had to start supplementing B12, hoping that I was deficient in that vitamin, and BCAAs. While dieting though, appetite is usually good enough to get the protein I need.

There are only two real supplements that have been tried and true, tested and retested, and have a track record solid enough to prove over and over that they are good, and that's whey and caffeine. Keep in mind though, the FDA doesn't regulate supps, so the nutritional labels can be off. This is why it's important to get 85%, or more, of your nutrition from real foods. Hell, even processed foods, which are regulated by the FDA, are better than supplements. (In before whey is processed!)

I have been in this industry for going on 15 years. I have seen steroids, prohormones, prosteroids, ephedrine etc, all sitting on a GNC shelf at one time. Those were the days that supplements worked! haha! Now, the FDA has cut all ingredients from all supplements that were deemed "unsafe". You know what's ironic? The ones deemed "unsafe" were the few that actually worked. What made them unsafe was people using supra doses and causing nasty side effects, even death in some cases.

I digress. Go to all foods, track what you eat, get the right macros, and you will suddenly see how little those supplements made a difference.

musclefan21

Established Member
A quick updated pic of me. Progress is slow but i can confirm it is a progress. Still at 195lbs

Screenshot_2016-03-18-01-20-01-01-1_zpsth9xlhhi.jpg

Screenshot_2016-03-18-01-20-01-01_zpsllptwaaj.jpg

white99stang

Established Member
just wondering how your progress is coming along. I just competed 2 weeks ago and I didn't realize how much stress does crazy things to the body. My cortisol levels were raised and I retained water pretty badly show day. Nothing I could do, wife was sick and messed entire schedule up which stressed me out. But have been eating whatever I want for the past week and this week started tracking macros again and am only up 6lbs since show. Not bad I don't think.

2 days out
C1572CBD-8061-4AF0-AA93-6427266D4F55_zps7dqoavem.jpg

Night before show after first coat of tan and then 4 days later and finally back at the gym
99309BA3-22A5-43AC-9270-BF7BFDDB4FBC_zpsrzisighy.jpg

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Lost 50 lbs over the last year, was 248, now 198, at 6'1".

I play 2 hours of hoops a week, and I still play lacrosse at 41 years old, once a week.

How did I do it? Not very hard once you get started, just ate a little healthier and I learned PORTION CONTROL..........

Have a gym here at work, and lift everyday, but only about 10-15 minutes.

The pounds starting flying off. No more belly, proud man here. Not totally 'ripped', but lean and mean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread