Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle thread

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not talking about kipping. You seemed to have reading problems. I said when you work to extreme fatigue, and push through while using resistance training, your form goes out the window and the risk of injuries dramatically increases. Crossfit has the highest rate of injuries among pretty much any "sport". That is a fact. Deny it all you want.

Exactly right.

Sirraf

Established Member
You did a fab diet nothing more. Carbs fuel the fire, period. Your statement of "Actually eating breakfast made a big difference as well" means you shouldn't be giving anybody nutritional advice. Anybody will lose weight if they don't eat. The trick is shredding up while gaining Muscle Mass. The "Keto" diet will never accomplish that.

Sounds like you have an excessive amount of estrogen flowing. I wasn't giving anyone advice, I said it worked for me. Chill out.

Gravik

Established Member
Currently in bulk mode. 5k calories a day. Damn you fast metabolism lol.

KP_510

Established Member
Haven't consistently worked out in about 2-3 years after i hurt my back doing deadlifts. I fell off completely, getting back in the groove of things now.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I'm not talking about kipping. You seemed to have reading problems. I said when you work to extreme fatigue, and push through while using resistance training, your form goes out the window and the risk of injuries dramatically increases. Crossfit has the highest rate of injuries among pretty much any "sport". That is a fact. Deny it all you want.

Work to extreme fatigue?

I haven't done a workout more than 25-30 minutes in years. Extreme fatigue? Lol no.

I'm not like bodybuilder spending an hour and a half at the gym.. pushing up max reps as often as possible.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Work to extreme fatigue?

I haven't done a workout more than 25-30 minutes in years. Extreme fatigue? Lol no.

I'm not like bodybuilder spending an hour and a half at the gym.. pushing up max reps as often as possible.

You mean max weight NOT reps...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Sure lol.

I've never cared about lifting a lot of weight. I sit at a desk. If I can stay in shape by lifting 150 pounds a lot of times. I'll do that. I have no want/need to lift 400 pounds.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure lol.

I've never cared about lifting a lot of weight. I sit at a desk. If I can stay in shape by lifting 150 pounds a lot of times. I'll do that. I have no want/need to lift 400 pounds.

It's all personal preference. I myself gained the most muscle by lifting heavy in the 3-5 rep range. I've never got injured from doing it that way. All my injuries have come from moderate weight with higher reps.

stangfreak

Established Member
How much did your body fat increase when you went from 150 to 225 (in 3 years) to 248 (no time noted). How old were you when you went from 150 to 225 (in 3 years)?

I can tell you, that I went from a size 28 to a size 32 waist when I went to 225. when I dropped back down to 190 and went to 248, I was a size 34 waist.The 190 to 248 was so rapid I was blown away. muscle memory and then I created a land slide of mass. The problem I had was, I over bulked and loved the bulky look. I was never into the 6 pack look or shredded look. At 248, if I would have cut down, I would have looked ridiculous. To combat over bulking, just zig zag your calories on non workout days. Keep measuring your waist. If your gaining more fat than muscle, just decrease calories by 500. Its simple. 248 I was 24 25? Im now 34. I have a torn labrum and bad back so I got smaller. Im not big anymore. This is what life through at me, it is what it is. I am going for fitness now. No more getting big. If I do get surgery and feel good or if a bunch of little kids start talking shit in the gym and think they know it all, I will flip the switch and go back to my routine and just grow.

I started working at age 18. By 21, I was 225. I jumped up real quick. I was a manager for 3 GNC stores on long island. Evryone who worked with me, were body builders. so I was around them all the time. My boss knew a lot of pro natural bodybuilders. we even had pro's shop at our store. one was joe palumbo, and fahkri mubarak. He was friends with my boy james. so I was around this shit all the time. PLus my cousin, back in the 90's, used to go to lynbrook golds gym and used to train with frank sepe and all those big boys. even dave palumbo.

I was never on steroids. Always natural. My genes sucked. My best gains was when I went in the gym, and just didn't give a shit or take it serious. I trained one muscle group, twice a week. But it was cycled. Lots of natty body builders train this way. Like I said, there is over training and under training. when your on juice or have amazing genetics, you can get away with a lot. People that struggle, you have to be spot on.

I would also change it up to a mike mentzer workout. H.I.T. dorian yates workout, casey viators workout. all similar. I believe it was author jones who created these types of workouts. short, intense and brutal. mike mentzer I liked but it wasn't that many sets. That is why dorian yates added more sets. still lots of rest between workouts. so I would go back and fourth. But even when I do two muscle groups in one week, I still dont do a million sets. I keep them short. Dorian said it the best, a muscle fiber either activates or not. its like putting on a light. One flip light turns on. You don't keep flipping the light switch on off on off on off. I believe that theory.

so basically, my time of working out, I went from 150lbs to 248lbs. Total of 6 years and with breaks lol. so I guess my workouts did work. supplements were creatine, some whey, bcca's, and some other little secrets I have. No not steroids. I actually love being natural. Its so fascinating learning how to build muscle and figuring it out. Once you nail it, its the best feeling in the world. you get that ah ha moment and the land slide starts.

apache driver

Established Member
I can tell you, that I went from a size 28 to a size 32 waist when I went to 225. when I dropped back down to 190 and went to 248, I was a size 34 waist.The 190 to 248 was so rapid I was blown away. muscle memory and then I created a land slide of mass. The problem I had was, I over bulked and loved the bulky look. I was never into the 6 pack look or shredded look. At 248, if I would have cut down, I would have looked ridiculous. To combat over bulking, just zig zag your calories on non workout days. Keep measuring your waist. If your gaining more fat than muscle, just decrease calories by 500. Its simple. 248 I was 24 25? Im now 34. I have a torn labrum and bad back so I got smaller. Im not big anymore. This is what life through at me, it is what it is. I am going for fitness now. No more getting big. If I do get surgery and feel good or if a bunch of little kids start talking shit in the gym and think they know it all, I will flip the switch and go back to my routine and just grow.

I started working at age 18. By 21, I was 225. I jumped up real quick. I was a manager for 3 GNC stores on long island. Evryone who worked with me, were body builders. so I was around them all the time. My boss knew a lot of pro natural bodybuilders. we even had pro's shop at our store. one was joe palumbo, and fahkri mubarak. He was friends with my boy james. so I was around this shit all the time. PLus my cousin, back in the 90's, used to go to lynbrook golds gym and used to train with frank sepe and all those big boys. even dave palumbo.

I was never on steroids. Always natural. My genes sucked. My best gains was when I went in the gym, and just didn't give a shit or take it serious. I trained one muscle group, twice a week. But it was cycled. Lots of natty body builders train this way. Like I said, there is over training and under training. when your on juice or have amazing genetics, you can get away with a lot. People that struggle, you have to be spot on.

I would also change it up to a mike mentzer workout. H.I.T. dorian yates workout, casey viators workout. all similar. I believe it was author jones who created these types of workouts. short, intense and brutal. mike mentzer I liked but it wasn't that many sets. That is why dorian yates added more sets. still lots of rest between workouts. so I would go back and fourth. But even when I do two muscle groups in one week, I still dont do a million sets. I keep them short. Dorian said it the best, a muscle fiber either activates or not. its like putting on a light. One flip light turns on. You don't keep flipping the light switch on off on off on off. I believe that theory.

so basically, my time of working out, I went from 150lbs to 248lbs. Total of 6 years and with breaks lol. so I guess my workouts did work. supplements were creatine, some whey, bcca's, and some other little secrets I have. No not steroids. I actually love being natural. Its so fascinating learning how to build muscle and figuring it out. Once you nail it, its the best feeling in the world. you get that ah ha moment and the land slide starts.

If the bolded is true your genes don't suck man. My question about your body fat increase was actually a Jab at you because 150lb to 248lbs screams juice and inferior genes. After reading your story I don't feel that way, but you are a very rare case. Dorian Yates and the Dungeon mentality guided my workouts as well.

Last edited:

white99stang

Established Member
Currently in bulk mode. 5k calories a day. Damn you fast metabolism lol.

I know that feeling, I hate being in a calorie deficit right now. But was also hard eating 4200 calories a day with mostly healthy foods. i am at the point now I can't wait until off season to start bulking again though. Another 4 months of show prepping.

helloWorld

Established Member
What do you guys think is a good routine for a beginner to weightlifting? I have the cardio portion down.

I am currently doing one body group a day, four days a week on the lifting side.

Troponin

Established Member
What do you guys think is a good routine for a beginner to weightlifting? I have the cardio portion down.

I am currently doing one body group a day, four days a week on the lifting side.

Upper/lower or push/pull are two great set ups, for both beginners, and push/pull is a favorite for many veterans as well. There are a few different ways to do these routines, so just research them and find what interests you the most. Also, for building muscle and strength, the rep ranges can vary between 5 and 12, and even 20 for certain leg movements. The old school methodology consisted of almost all heavy lifting, in the 5-6 rep range, but we know now that it can vary based on certain things.

helloWorld

Established Member
I do thank you for that information. I guess I should have asked for a schedule. As in, do you do chest/triceps one day, biceps/back one day, shoulders the next day, legs the last day?

Troponin

Established Member
I do thank you for that information. I guess I should have asked for a schedule. As in, do you do chest/triceps one day, biceps/back one day, shoulders the next day, legs the last day?

Push/pull will explain all of that. Basically, ALL pushing is on one day, and ALL pulling is on another. Some even go as far as putting pulling type of leg work on pulling days too, but it depends on your experience and volume. That sometimes makes for a brutal workout. Then again, if all you do are leg curls on pull day, and leg extensions on push day, then squats on another, it's not so bad.

musclefan21

Established Member
I say work on one body part per workout and go hard. Designate a day for arms, a day for chest, a day for shoulders, a day for back, a day for legs. That will get u going. That's what i an doing. With the exception of shoulders. I never do shoulders because of my shoulder surgery, it clicks, it hurts, not worth it for me.

Gravik

Established Member
I know that feeling, I hate being in a calorie deficit right now. But was also hard eating 4200 calories a day with mostly healthy foods. i am at the point now I can't wait until off season to start bulking again though. Another 4 months of show prepping.
5k a day isn't difficult by any means. Post workout shake alone is 1500 calories :D

white99stang

Established Member
5k a day isn't difficult by any means. Post workout shake alone is 1500 calories :D

haha yeah I try to limit the shakes to just the 60gr of protein after workout, and eating whole foods instead. But as filling as it is I might have to go the 1000cal shake route.

Can't wait until Sunday for my high carb day. I am 3 low and one high, my lows aren't that bad at 180 but high is at 400 and loving a massive bowl of oatmeal with berries mixed in. I am sure a lot of you have heard of it but if you don't have any flavor god seasoning I recommend picking some up. The chocolate donut in oats is amazing. My bacon lovers, taco tuesday and honey bbq will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread