Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle thread

white99stang

Established Member
Oh well I am not going to argue with it, just going to keep doing what i'm told for contest prep from my coach. I will say that in off season I do follow IIFYM but thats for bulking. And Matt Ogus is a genetic freak, been following him for a while now. Guy also burns 500 calories during morning cardio every day.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
I did not read all of the posts, so I will only speak from actual experience, as a physique competitor and winner of a couple shows and a few top 5s, I have also trained an overall physique women's champion, and currently training a men's physique competitor.....stop overthinking the diets! Bodybuilders and Fitness "gurus" love to reinvent the wheel. Keep it simple, and in moderation. Hit your macros, but don't go overboard on the useless calories. I have my own personal style that I was taught and now use on my competitors, and it works. It is not to say other methods don't work, but I feel simplicity is the way to go. I believe a 40P/40C/20F is the perfect macro percentage. But it also depends on other variables - such as how intense are your workouts, what are your goals, are they realistic, and how disciplined are you, just to name a few.

Now, to the OP original post. You need to decide what your goal is, do you want to be lean and cut with your shirt off, or have that big look with your shirt on. It is a difficult balance. You can be leaner, and believe it or not, the leaner you are, gives off an illusion that you are bigger than you actually are. The fact is, you can be lean and grow at the same time. Eat! Eat! Eat! Raise your calories, eat clean, stay lean and grow. 15-45min of cardio to maintain your metabolism, eat every 3 hours, and you will be solid. Don't overthink it. It's a slow process. Observe your body and how it reacts to your meals. If you want to get serious, you can carb cycle, carb backload, try going keto for a week, play around with different approaches, and find what works FOR YOU, because everybody's body is different.

Last edited:

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Everyone on SVTP is 6'3, 195 lbs of pure muscle with a smoking hot girlfriend/wife. Duh. This thread is pointless.

But... on the other side of fitness and staying healthy, I'm mostly do cardio only with the occasional strength training in the gym. I currently run about 55-65 miles per week. Currently training for the Boston Marathon in hopes to qualify for New York. (NY Times are significantly lower than Boston qualifying times, although you can lottery into NY Marathon).
The goal is to run a 2:50:00, so a 6:29/per mile for 26.2 miles. (My latest indicator for the race was a half marathon at 1:21:55, 6:15/per mile.)
The nice thing is I eat whatever I want and drink beer (extra carbs). Although I can tell the difference when I run between eating healthy and feeling good, or eating not so good and feeling sluggish.
Currently I'm not your average SVTP build... 30 years old, 5'10 and 148lbs. Body fat is extremely minimal. Also counts as weight reduction for the race track.

Troponin

Established Member
Everyone on SVTP is 6'3, 195 lbs of pure muscle with a smoking hot girlfriend/wife. Duh. This thread is pointless.

But... on the other side of fitness and staying healthy, I'm mostly do cardio only with the occasional strength training in the gym. I currently run about 55-65 miles per week. Currently training for the Boston Marathon in hopes to qualify for New York. (NY Times are significantly lower than Boston qualifying times, although you can lottery into NY Marathon).
The goal is to run a 2:50:00, so a 6:29/per mile for 26.2 miles. (My latest indicator for the race was a half marathon at 1:21:55, 6:15/per mile.)
The nice thing is I eat whatever I want and drink beer (extra carbs). Although I can tell the difference when I run between eating healthy and feeling good, or eating not so good and feeling sluggish.
Currently I'm not your average SVTP build... 30 years old, 5'10 and 148lbs. Body fat is extremely minimal. Also counts as weight reduction for the race track.

It kills me to see these guys that are serious racers, will gut their cars etc, but weigh 250lbs+. I believe Dale Earnhart was one of the first race car drivers I heard talking about staying fit as a driver. It helps keep you sharp, you fatigue less from stress and the strain of a long race, and it keeps you light. Motocross guys are big in to fitness too for the same reasons. Regardless, so many good reasons to lose weigh, especially as a driver.

On a final note, those last two pics were of me a week before my comp. 6'2" 204lbs. ;)

Last edited:

KzooMuscle

Established Member
My favorite, my "relaxed" back pose...and yes, those are veins running across my back.

10425851_10100228560012809_3590485290234737723_n.jpg

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
Damn! Some solid accomplishments.

I think I have a decent physique, definitely far from great and unfortunately i don't have a hot or not hot girlfriend lol. Finding a girl worth keeping is like trying to find a virgin at a whorehouse.

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Physique competitions are stupid as shit....everyone has little 10 yr old boy legs.....then again bodybuilding isn't for me either..I don't consider this a sport....I understand it is physical but any moron can be a bodybuilder.....sports require a skill set and their is zero skill involved in this.

apache driver

Established Member
I don't take pics of myself. Not into that. But I can tell you I was 150lbs and went to 225lbs in 3 years. stopped working out, dropped down to 190, then came back, hit it hard and from 190 I jumped up to 248lbs at 5'9.

How much did your body fat increase when you went from 150 to 225 (in 3 years) to 248 (no time noted). How old were you when you went from 150 to 225 (in 3 years)?

white99stang

Established Member
Physique competitions are stupid as shit....everyone has little 10 yr old boy legs.....then again bodybuilding isn't for me either..I don't consider this a sport....I understand it is physical but any moron can be a bodybuilder.....sports require a skill set and their is zero skill involved in this.

Where did anyone say this was a sport, i might of missed it. Its something some of us enjoy doing. I sense alot of hostility towards physique and bodybuilders in general. And i hit legs twice a week, so no 10yr old boy legs here. maybe a highly developed 13 year old. This stuff is a lifestyle not a sport.

Rct851

Established Member
lets see your wheels bruh

apache driver

Established Member
I have been busting my butt trying to be healthier and be in shape, etc. I finally decided to lower my bodyfat a bit and it has been absolutely horrible.

Your not eating correctly if it is horrible. I was 5'6 and 205lbs and leaner than you year round without doing cardio (I have a slow metabolism and was overweight when I was younger). Diet you should be eating below:

3600 total calories per day spread over 5-6 meals

243 (27%) grams/972 calories protein per day
432 (48%) grams/1728 calories carbohydrates per day
100 (25%) grams/900 calories fat per day

Try it or not that's up to you.

KzooMuscle

Established Member

2x Physique Mr Olympia, with umm "10 year old boy legs". Nobody claimed it was a sport there big guy, and since I'm sensing by your moronic post, you MUST be a bodybuilder? Oh wait, maybe you're a cross fitter? Do you know what it takes to compete? Your opinion on this matter is idiotic and useless to all of us that are trying to improve our lifestyle and physique. Don't insult us because you do not have the ability and drive to achieve what we "morons" can.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

white99stang

Established Member
Just had a seminar with Jeremy 2 weeks ago. Came to my gym and actually was able to get coached on posing from him. Nice guy, really short so told us how he gave the optical illusion of looking bigger than the guys that are 5'11 and up. I think mr alaskablkmach must of had his girl stolen by a body builder or something with all that hate in a thread he could just stay out of.

sdoo500

Established Member
So today was day one of my going to the gym again. Lost about 40 pounds doing cross fit and stopped for no real reason. Gained most of the weight back so started back at the gym tonight. Tons of info on bodybuilding forums that I'm getting work outs from. Hoping to use this thread as motivation. Right now I'm 6' around 240

Joewee500

Established Member
The test therapy is flowing in this thread. Gaining obscene amounts of lean mass in a short amount of time isn't possible without help. Being big and ripped is almost always assisted. A person is usually big and strong or ripped and smallish. Just look at tested bodybuilders, 100lbs lighter than the IFBB guys. I'm not saying I'm against juicing but anybody that's been training and dieting for long enough knows what it takes to look like some of the pics posted in this thread.

musclefan21

Established Member
Your not eating correctly if it is horrible. I was 5'6 and 205lbs and leaner than you year round without doing cardio (I have a slow metabolism and was overweight when I was younger). Diet you should be eating below:

3600 total calories per day spread over 5-6 meals

243 (27%) grams/972 calories protein per day
432 (48%) grams/1728 calories carbohydrates per day
100 (25%) grams/900 calories fat per day

Try it or not that's up to you.

I don't understand the scale you posted. Can you simplify it a bit?

apache driver

Established Member
I don't understand the scale you posted. Can you simplify it a bit?

You should start at eating 3600 calories per day spread out over 5-6 meals. You need to break that 3600 calories down into percentages of Protein, Carbs, and Fat. You need to eat 243 grams of protein, 432 grams of carbs, and 100 grams of fat a day. All those grams will equal 3600 calories. 80% of putting muscle mass on is diet, a pound of muscle burns 50 more calories a day than a pound of fat. Add muscle burn fat. Do you know what your current caloric intake is to cut down to 195?

Last edited:

apache driver

Established Member

Code for I'm a non-athletic potato chip eating fat f*ck. Dialing in your diet for a show takes a tremendous amount of dedication and skill. What sport do you excel at?

corysmach1

Established Member
I honor everybody that trains. It's a great lifestyle. Great for the body and a huge confidence builder. I have no clue how to post pics. I train 5 days a week and work nightshift and a ton of hours. Sleep is hard and eating is hard. I am 6'4 235 big chest and traps and big veins.....need to work on my legs badly lol. Bodyfat is probably around 10-12% haven't checked it lately. I never really go heavy just really high reps. My best lifts are on the bench. I've done 225x31 and 315x12.

Last edited:

apache driver

Established Member
I honor everybody that trains. It's a great lifestyle. Great for the body and a huge confidence builder. I have no clue how to post pics. I train 5 days a week and work nightshift and a ton of hours. Sleep is hard and eating is hard. I am 6'4 235 big chest and traps and big veins.....need to work on my legs badly lol. Bodyfat is probably around 10-12% haven't checked it lately. I never really go heavy just really high reps. My best lifts are on the bench. I've done 225x31 and 315x12.

315x12 is respectable for being 6'4. I would leave the big chest and traps and big veins alone and focus on your back and legs. Your body will thank you once your strong head to toe.

Users who are viewing this thread