First track passes in the Zo6!

BoostedVette

Established Member
Took the Zo6 to the track the other day. First time woth the blower set up and first time going down the strip in over a year lol so take it easy on me. The car is way faster then I can show but once I get more seat time I’ll get it where it should be. At least it works great from a roll haha

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn near 141 mph is very impressive and you drove it well.

Congrats....car looked good going down the track.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Change your burn out technique by doing a little spin in the water box, then do your burn out five feet from where you are doing it. You are throwing water under your wheel wells and not getting the tires to temp.

DarkMach1

Established Member
You change your tune or something? Thought you ran some mustangs that went deep 9s at 140s traps and you got them by several cars. Figured you’d go low 150s

BoostedVette

Established Member
You change your tune or something? Thought you ran some mustangs that went deep 9s at 140s traps and you got them by several cars. Figured you’d go low 150s

somethings up just gotta figure it out wether it be belt slip or just me ? Lol idk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
FBO NA z06’s run 141 mph? I’ve never seen one even remotely close to that but our local track is very slow so who knows I guess.....

_Snake_

Established Member
Change your burn out technique by doing a little spin in the water box, then do your burn out five feet from where you are doing it. You are throwing water under your wheel wells and not getting the tires to temp.

You don’t need to spin in the water box. Just drive through it slowly. But I agree he should pull forward a bit for the burnout.

DarkMach1

Established Member
FBO NA z06’s run 141 mph? I’ve never seen one even remotely close to that but our local track is very slow so who knows I guess.....

Probably only the hero gutted and cut up shop cars. But I agree. Even proper HCI ones are probably 135ish cars in average weather

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, 141 is not where factory C6 Zs run. They run around 124-126mph.

Chris, I'd say you did very well in that outing. Nice driving. It will only get better with more visits and more practice.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
You don’t need to spin in the water box. Just drive through it slowly. But I agree he should pull forward a bit for the burnout.

That's my local track. Officials used to wave guys up out of the water box when they would try to burnout there. Not sure why they don't anymore.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Always liked your car. I'm planning on making a trip to cecil in a few weeks for some TnT

Users who are viewing this thread