First time Autocrossing the Cobra

10sec89

Established Member
Actually my first time too. Had a blast, and was a nice change of pace from my usual drag strip fun. Course was on a airport runway and was able to hit 70+ on a couple of the straighter sections until they did a course change to slow it up. Going back next month to try again. Had a friend grab this picture of me.
531148_10152256773315177_1696904081_n.jpg

10sec89

Established Member
I am awaiting a disc with the rest of the pictures. I also have a video on my FB page but I am unable to change the properties to public view since is was posted from my friend. GRRRRRRRR.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never done an autocross event, but I've attended a few over the years. Looks like a ton of fun. I actually, though, don't remember the last time I've ever seen one advertised here in central CT. There was a time years ago when you'd find them all over.

nickf2005

Established Member
70??? I've done two and they've been SLOW! 35 MPH tops on one straight. Small parking lots.

I'd love to find one like you're talking about. Nice pic.

[youtube_browser]eyaZkVRTDno&feature=plcp[/youtube_browser]

4601S/C

Established Member
I was able to go to the 2nd to last event in my area (Solo II). It was my first time auto-crossing as well, and it was an absolute blast. The people were awesome too, extremely nice and helpful. They all just really want to see it thrive and it shows. They're done for year now though.

Anyone who's never gone I highly recommend it. I was amazed at how well the Cobra can hold a line. Thought it was gonna be a real pig. I was on a totally stock chassis too (tires included).

If you get a chance to get out there don't be afraid to get it a bit loose or spin. If you don't tap a cone during at least one heat, and it's your first time you're either not trying hard enough or you're Michael Schumacher.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Auto x is a blast the IRS really comes into play glad to know someone is using these cars as intended

gabe1530

Banned
Autocross is a lot of fun. Try an open track or HPDE. That will get your blood flowing. 100+ speeds and some serious corners....

Agreed. If there are any local tracks I highly suggest going. I wish I had the free time to go more often.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics as it looks and sounds like you had fun.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I've only done motorcycle track days and there is nothing else like it. I can't wait to get the cobra on the track! Post more pics!!

What prep if any did you do? What are you running for brakes, cooling and tires?

10sec89

Established Member
^ awesome that's the one. Don't believe I have seen you around. Stop by the cruise night at Hardee's and the corner of 19 and 50 on Thursday night around 5:30- 6. Always a few Mustang guys there.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
I will do that. I actually have mine up for sale but I still take it out. I'll see what's going on this Thursday and maybe my girl and I will come up.

Sent from earth to space and back using my iPhone 4S

Users who are viewing this thread