First SVT owner

fldime

Established Member
Just bought my first Cobra. It’s a 2001 performance red. It’s has a On3 gen one turbo kit. Blew the #2 spark plug out. We’ll repair the head. Also number 8 was stripped, another repair. Iam deleting the turbo kit and going NA with it. This was all done before I bought it. Been into cars my whole life, Iam 73 now. This should be fun

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just bought my first Cobra. It’s a 2001 performance red. It’s has a On3 gen one turbo kit. Blew the #2 spark plug out. We’ll repair the head. Also number 8 was stripped, another repair. Iam deleting the turbo kit and going NA with it. This was all done before I bought it. Been into cars my whole life, Iam 73 now. This should be fun

Congrats and welcome!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. Age is only a number keep the brain young....66 here and will be buying another Cobra or GT500 before I reach your age....lol

fldime

Established Member
DBC88078-6A30-4978-8654-C4E3D50EEE17.jpeg
A8498F50-9351-4AD1-949A-326E74C36B24.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ha! We're about the same age. I love high performance, just like you. Enjoy your 2001 Cobra. And, welcome to SVTPerformance!

Thanks for posting the pics. Nice hood choice.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome. My FIL is your age and still buys and restores cars. We go to Mecum every year. Age is only an issue when people sit on their asses for many years and realize they’ve made themselves old by not staying active and young.

fldime

Established Member
They have story don’t they, it’s part of the fun. Started looking for a new edged GT because they fit my budget. Knew a Cobra was beyond it. Came across this red Cobra for a little more than my budget. It had a story but would make great driveway art if I couldn’t fix it right away. The PO bought it from his cousin who thought the motor was blown. The PO was going to do a coyote swap but soon found it didn’t make since money wise for him. He messed with it and found a problem with the ecm. Had that repaired and it fired up and ran but like in limp mode. He lost interest and put it up for sale. Along comes me a sucker for a great longing red Cobra. The rest will be my story. Will share as it develops.

fldime

Established Member
They have story don’t they, it’s part of the fun. Started looking for a new edged GT because they fit my budget. Knew a Cobra was beyond it. Came across this red Cobra for a little more than my budget. It had a story but would make great driveway art if I couldn’t fix it right away. The PO bought it from his cousin who thought the motor was blown. The PO was going to do a coyote swap but soon found it didn’t make since money wise for him. He messed with it and found a problem with the ecm. Had that repaired and it fired up and ran but like in limp mode. He lost interest and put it up for sale. Along comes me a sucker for a great longing red Cobra. The rest will be my story. Will share as it develops.
I should have proof read that first

fldime

Established Member
It’s ok, you should have been asleep right after wheel of fortune anyway. I’m only joking, just a little friendly fire. How long do you think it will take to fix the issues you mentioned?
Just the time between work and family. It’s in my sons garage about 85 miles away. I know I have to repair to stripped plug threads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I/we will look forward to your project reports as it unfolds. Put some time into developing your goal(s), as it appears you're doing, and the end will be something you can be proud of and really enjoy day to day.

I should have proof read that first
You can use the Edit function to correct those spelling errors.

Users who are viewing this thread