First oil change done at 6K miles and...............

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Okay, so I'll vent a little.

I love when the fanboys jump on to defend their baby. Look, folks have real problems -- quit trying to attack the accuser because you don't want people saying something bad about your precious car. There is way too much out there about the problems to discount it.

Wait, maybe you're right. I got a brand new engine and a pay out from settlement because I was too picky and Ford thought, "Well, that's okay."

The arrogance of some people to think they know what someone else is experiencing from a million miles away.

EDIT: I should say that I still own my car and still enjoy it. I have owned previous muscle cars, including Mustangs. Yet, I had problems. Wrap your mind around that.

U call people that have more knowledge fan boys.

Scottward

Established Member
Hey, guys, I just changed my oil at 5K and now my drivers door makes a loud thud when I shut it...I was thinking about starting a campaign on the web and notifying the NHTSA. Thoughts???? :banana:

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Okay, so I'll vent a little.

I love when the fanboys jump on to defend their baby. Look, folks have real problems -- quit trying to attack the accuser because you don't want people saying something bad about your precious car. There is way too much out there about the problems to discount it.

I love it when someone who doesn't have a stick up their ass about their car and/or otherwise knows their shit when it comes to cars is deemed a "fanboy" and "arrogant" by the crybabies.

I didn't see anyone here deny that people aren't having real problems. We're just merely saying that there are plenty of people who don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to cars that are complaining about trivial bullshit. That's not necessarily you because I don't know you, but the fact that you're taking offense to that is somewhat suspect.

At any rate, I recommend this forum:

Ford Mustang - GT - Shelby - Cobra - Classic Mustangs

You'll fit in well over there, trust me.

Hey, guys, I just changed my oil at 5K and now my drivers door makes a loud thud when I shut it...I was thinking about starting a campaign on the web and notifying the NHTSA. Thoughts????

I don't know, but I want my car lemon lawed because my leather seat has a wrinkle in it. Maybe I'll demand a new motor too because it makes an odd sound when I start it up cold sometimes. :poke:

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
I just changed my oil today for the first time at a little over 3K miles. I changed it because I had noticed that it was a little low on the dipstick, and I just don't like topping off the oil when I am not sure what is in the engine. I chose Mobile 1 10W 30, I wanted to add a couple tips I have learned through the years. First, if using synthetic oils, you need to shake the oil first. Synthetics have additives that will separate like oil and vinegar. Shaking will ensure that these additives don't remain on the bottom of the container. Next, be sure to fill the new oil filter prior to installation to avoid dry start-up. May sound stupid and obvious, but not everyone grew up with a dad who knew cars. I have always used Mobile 1, but didn't start shaking them till about 5-6 years ago. I am a jet mechanic, and the oil we use is synthetic and explicitly says to shake. After thinking about it, I called mobile 1's tech line, and the guy simply said yes, you have to shake their product. I told him they may want to print that somewhere. Just my two cents. Oh, and I am not afraid, I refuse to live in fear, and will mod my car to my hearts desire.

kevinp

Established Member
Hey, guys, I just changed my oil at 5K and now my drivers door makes a loud thud when I shut it...I was thinking about starting a campaign on the web and notifying the NHTSA. Thoughts???? :banana:

Remove the door, no more thud ;)

Scottward

Established Member
Remove the door, no more thud ;)

Thanks guys, I'll give this a shot. I brought it to the dealer, but they said it was normal operation which is pure B.S. I'm going to start a scientific poll to find out how many owners are affected if this door removal fix does not work... :D

Last edited:

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I love it when someone who doesn't have a stick up their ass about their car and/or otherwise knows their shit when it comes to cars is deemed a "fanboy" and "arrogant" by the crybabies.

I didn't see anyone here deny that people aren't having real problems. We're just merely saying that there are plenty of people who don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to cars that are complaining about trivial bullshit. That's not necessarily you because I don't know you, but the fact that you're taking offense to that is somewhat suspect.

At any rate, I recommend this forum:

Ford Mustang - GT - Shelby - Cobra - Classic Mustangs

You'll fit in well over there, trust me.

I don't know, but I want my car lemon lawed because my leather seat has a wrinkle in it. Maybe I'll demand a new motor too because it makes an odd sound when I start it up cold sometimes. :poke:

Ha! Thanks for the advice on which forum to visit. That means . . . squat to me.

Thanks for at least acknowledging there could be real problems. I take offense when someone is having concerns, and folks jump on them without even knowing the facts of the INDIVIDUAL case. Because this is a site for enthusiasts, there is the inevitable bandwagon jumping from folks who can't think for themselves. Then, of course, you have Shadowstang who is in the minority with most of his opinions, but makes sure to thank the occasional person who backs up his delusional thinking in an effort to not feel like the outcast he is.

My experience was genuine, and it sucked (though it ended well). I'm going to find out if another poster's experience is legit before I insinuate otherwise.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'll give this a shot. I brought it to the dealer, but they said it was normal operation which is pure B.S. I'm going to start a scientific poll to find out how many owners are affected if this door removal fix does not work... :D

Omg I just read this and now I think I have the same problem. How can I make a poll or a stickie about it?

scott_0

Established Member
lmmfao, I also believe all the mt82 problems correlate to early changes. just last night I made a right hand turn at 10mph while chewing gum and wearing contact lenses.....................my mt82 grinded on the 1-2 shift :D

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The funny thing is, some of you would be the first to post a thread if this happened to you.

I guess you all are correct and FMC was wrong when they opted to replace my long block. Who needs techs, FSE (field service engineers), Hotline support, Sr. Engineers, and don't forget about the cost for the repair. Yeah, the more I think about, your right it was just me manifesting a problem that everyone has.....

Mika

Established Member
I understand that cars aren't perfect. Every car has its own quirks. But to go out and blatantly say "just lower your standards" is a pretty weak argument. Especially since these cars with a few options go north of $30k. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: We're not talking about squeaks and rattles here, but drivetrain issues. Be it motor or trans, those are legit issues that should be taken seriously.

Mika

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
buy a BMW (enjoy the maintenance and repair cost) stfu and call it a day, I hear that make has no issues ever!

TVSCobra

Established Member

buy a BMW (enjoy the maintenance and repair cost) stfu and call it a day, I hear that make has no issues ever!

These really made me laugh. LOL
Thanks guys!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread