First 1/4 pass on 2018 twin turbo Mustang build

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty excited to share some info and video about my recently finished (sort of--are they ever finished?) TT build on my 18 Mustang.

Car is running a semi custom TT kit from CXRacing. I had to rework (cut, re-weld, reshape) a lot of the hot side of the "kit" to fit around the 10r80 in this car. On the cold side, i upgraded the upper IC pipe to 3.5" for better MAF resolution and ease of tuning. I had everything powder coated wrinkle black for a low key look.

Absolutely love this car. For the first 1/4 mi shake down, it did decently well. I would have loved to break into the 9s my first time out, but wasn't in the cards last night.

This pass was on 8 psi boost. I tried to turn it up to 10, but the track just wouldn't hold it with the 18" tire set up i was running.

Anyway.. not a lot of s550 content on this site, so thought I'd share.

Please excuse my son's excitement at the end of the video hahaha.

10-5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
1.8 60' & almost 140 mph, I'm impressed, congrats!

FJohnny

Established Member
Fun to watch this build. Inspired and heroic. Congrats, man. What a car!

Great touch having your kid on the camera. Family affair. Awesome.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Badass man. That MPH is solid and it's definitely going to run 9s with better traction. These new yotes are the best bang for the buck on the market IMO.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
1.8 60' & almost 140 mph, I'm impressed, congrats!

For sure and thanks! A good 60' would get me to the 1/8 mark sooner and with 3-4 mph more.. youre right.

I think at the current boost setting she has a lot more in her with a good tire out back and possibly a 2 step. Some 10r80 guys are using a 2 step and leaving in 2nd gear on a few lbs of boost. I think im gonna try that.

Fun to watch this build. Inspired and heroic. Congrats, man. What a car!

Great touch having your kid on the camera. Family affair. Awesome.

Thanks a lot.. very nice of you. My son LOVES this stuff lol. He's totally addicted.

Badass man. That MPH is solid and it's definitely going to run 9s with better traction. These new yotes are the best bang for the buck on the market IMO.

Thanks brotha.. much appreciated.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
139 is good, but was hoping for more .. you know how it goes hahaha. Fontana is a SUPER stingy track.

Running e85 with ID1050x's and a Sai Li return fuel system.

Yup, Fontana is super stingy, about 3mph less than other tracks. Did they give you a hard time for not having a cage?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, Fontana is super stingy, about 3mph less than other tracks. Did they give you a hard time for not having a cage?

Surprisingly no one said a word. The girl at the trailer handing out time slips didn't seem like she knew the difference between a 9 sec pass and a 20 second pass. Fine by me! lol

15.6 @ 110 is moving buddy! Congrats!

All kidding aside; nice car, great run! I'm jealous of how these '18+ cars move out!

Thanks.. when you taking yours out?

Car

Is

SICK!!!

Congrats!!!!

TY kind sir!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What what a let down. Was expecting 8s right off the bat, bcos you know, #boosteda10coyote

Sorry to disappoint you mah brotha.

At least you can have peace knowing that this let down nowhere near compares to the let down you experienced when Treynor went and sold his Viper right after you bought yours. A crushing blow from a loved one indeed!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Sorry to disappoint you mah brotha.

At least you can have peace knowing that this let down nowhere near compares to the let down you experienced when Treynor went and sold his Viper right after you bought yours. A crushing blow from a loved one indeed!
He sold his last year, I got mine in 2017. Also his was an ACR. Mines just a regular viper.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thanks.. when you taking yours out?

I was just messing brother! I'm not sure when mine will see a track. It's all 1/8th mile here and everybody brings their junk and always spills fluid out on the track. But it will make some 1/8 mile passes regardless. Need to figure out my tire situation first. Haha

Hoping for 6.20s or 6.30s.

Users who are viewing this thread