First 1/4 pass on 2018 twin turbo Mustang build

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice Dom!! Car is moving out.
Nice trap speed. I'm sure you'll get the 9's. Good luck brother.

Thanks Tony. I’m having so much fun man.

You just got ganked.

Good night sweet prince.

I meant it in a good way!

I was just messing brother! I'm not sure when mine will see a track. It's all 1/8th mile here and everybody brings their junk and always spills fluid out on the track. But it will make some 1/8 mile passes regardless. Need to figure out my tire situation first. Haha

Hoping for 6.20s or 6.30s.

With any track prep at all, you’ll definitely go low 6’s.

Hell I went 6.9 last week with a 1.8 60 foot leaving off the foot brake on a track prepped like an Ivan Stewart off road event.

But will it outrun a Demono_O

There were a TON of Hellcats out there last night. My son LOVES the Dodge Demon and we were really hoping to see one, but no luck.

Stock Hellcats on a drag radial were running mid 11s at 121-123 mph. I might have some video of that.

There was a full bolt on (pulleys, e85, exhaust, intake etc) HC Charger in that wine color (gorgeous car!) that was going low 10s and trapping mid to high 130s. I tried to get a race lined up with him, real nice guy, but we just couldnt coordinate it. Too many people last night.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
In all seriousness what is the potential of the car? Youve said before 140 trap speeds. Are you gonna 1/2 mile run it or anything

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
In all seriousness what is the potential of the car? Youve said before 140 trap speeds. Are you gonna 1/2 mile run it or anything

With a better tire out back and a 2 step, i will be able to leave in 2nd gear on a few lbs of boost which will lower the 1/8 mile time by at least 1/2 second. This will get me solidly into the 9s with no other changes.

Depending on how well it hooks after those changes, i should be able to turn up the boost some.

I guess long story short, the car has the potential for bottom 9s or better once i am able to fully apply the power it currently has.

There is no reason it doesnt go 150 mph with more boost and some traction.

At that point, ill need to build the motor so............... who knows.

Car hauls the mail!

LOL love your sons excitement, I hope I can get my boys into cars like that.

Thanks mang! I'll hang on to this video forever and not because of the car.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's an in car video of what happened when i turned up the boost to 10....

As soon as boost comes on, it completely blows the tires off. The black s197 in the right lane is an 11 second car.

As soon as i lift, he reels me in and puts a car on me until im able to plant my foot again. At which point i pass him and ultimately put a couple buses on him by the end of the track.

Car is making power for sure.. I just need to figure out the first 1/8 mile.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Love the video! Wow she’s loud at full song. Any mufflers at all on it?

It is crazy how fast these new Coyotes can go with the stock internals.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Shit runs strong Dom. Who tuned it?

Thank you sir! Jon Lund Jr is tuning it. The drivability of this car is really really amazing. 0 complaints.

Love the video! Wow she’s loud at full song. Any mufflers at all on it?

It is crazy how fast these new Coyotes can go with the stock internals.

It's hard to tell, but all that noise is actually coming from that black s197 next to me hahaha. It was a full bolt on N/A car and wow, was it loud.

Once i pass him, you can tell how the video gets quieter since it's just me at that point.

Last edited:

331 LX

Established Member
Nice man .

I've been waiting for this, congrats on finishing the project and the passes. A ton left in the car for sure.

And no need to apologize for your son, that's how it should be! Love it .

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great start and great having your son involved.
What rear gears?
Definitely going to be a fine line with that aggressive first gear in the 10R and the boost hit. I’m confident you and Lund can figure it out.
Let’s not talk about building the short just yet, that stock junk might surprise us :)
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
7618F729-D0A2-4774-BFDB-2E17D863D78C.gif

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great start and great having your son involved.
What rear gears?
Definitely going to be a fine line with that aggressive first gear in the 10R and the boost hit. I’m confident you and Lund can figure it out.
Let’s not talk about building the short just yet, that stock junk might surprise us :)
-J

3.15's in the rear.

It seems the fast 10r80 cars are leaving in 2nd gear off of a 2 step. I tried leaving in 2nd once (no 2 step though) and there was no benefit other than one less shift once i was moving. 60 foot was the same.

Im going to order the MSD box and see what it does. That should allow me to build a few psi boost at the launch.

Users who are viewing this thread