Finally, got some drag radials! Nitto NT05Rs

Apicia

Established Member
Grr. I had to decide between the NT05s and KDW NTs and I went with the BFs for the better treadwear. Wish I had went with the NT05s now. They just look mean! What's my return policy? hehe

Ralo

Established Member
Yea, im interested in some info on the NT05. Im looking for an overall great performer. Hows the wear on the front NT05's looking? And from what ive heard, the NT05R compound is supposed to be every bit as sticky, or even stickier, than the MT's.

Are they really as sticky as the MT drags?

Teej281

Established Member
Well from what ive heard they are. They feel spongier. I want the NT05's but if i was gonna be dragging i'd be going with the NT05R's. Ive always been a huge fan of nitto tires.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
:rockon: nice i been waiting to pull the trigger on some of these for info like this.. will be ordering some soon thanks for the review :rockon:

RussZTT

Established Member
I might have to try these out. I'll be in the 1,000rwhp but most of the time keep it around 800rwhp for the street. :rockon:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
glad you are enjoying them Eric. Cant wait to make a trip down to C&C to hang with you and Kevin. I hope they come out with a 315/30 or 315/35 18. Until then my toyo TQ's will have to get the job done.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
:rockon: nice i been waiting to pull the trigger on some of these for info like this.. will be ordering some soon thanks for the review :rockon:

My pleasure, I didnt see alot of reviews either, but glad I went for them. I'm happy enough, got my 2nd gear back!

I might have to try these out. I'll be in the 1,000rwhp but most of the time keep it around 800rwhp for the street. :rockon:

Bro....when is enough enough?? Good luck...but I'm sure youre gonna roast em!

Dayum son...i think these will even have issues hooking that much power. lol

+1

glad you are enjoying them Eric. Cant wait to make a trip down to C&C to hang with you and Kevin. I hope they come out with a 315/30 or 315/35 18. Until then my toyo TQ's will have to get the job done.

Come on down bro, I believe the next event is in 2.5 weeks from now. It is an awesome turn out, well worth the trip!

I'm going to have to try a set of these for the summer.

I'm looking forward to the warm roads too. I can tell you these feel like glue when cruising, and they are a very soft tire....spongy you could say.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I wont make the next one but Kevin and I were talking about trying to meet up for the one in May. It all just depends on how work is going. Hopefully traffic stays steady and I dont get furloughed again

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Just got my NT05R's installed today. They are 275/40/17's on a stock rim.

Here's my review:

With the tires at 40psi, I dumped the clutch at 5k....and I think I got whiplash! They almost dead hooked, there was a minor amount of wheelspin but dramatically less than my 555R's. Freeway driving was interesting though. Reason being, the sidewalls are much softer than the 555R's so when I get on it in 3rd from a roll the rear end sways a bit.

Bottom line, these ****ers HOOK.

These were only $330 shipped to my door and another $30 to mount and balance them (165$ per tire total). So for $360 I think I found the new drag radial of choice. I HIGHLY recommend these tire to anyone.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Just got my NT05R's installed today. They are 275/40/17's on a stock rim.

Here's my review:

With the tires at 40psi, I dumped the clutch at 5k....and I think I got whiplash! They almost dead hooked, there was a minor amount of wheelspin but dramatically less than my 555R's. Freeway driving was interesting though. Reason being, the sidewalls are much softer than the 555R's so when I get on it in 3rd from a roll the rear end sways a bit.

Bottom line, these ****ers HOOK.

These were only $330 shipped to my door and another $30 to mount and balance them (165$ per tire total). So for $360 I think I found the new drag radial of choice. I HIGHLY recommend these tire to anyone.

good review. wow on the 40 psi deal, what made you wanna go that high in pressure? im really surprised they swayed on you at that psi, they musta been rock solid! I found 28 psi - 32 psi feels great on the street, but def sway a bit.....

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
40psi? Holy crap!

good review. wow on the 40 psi deal, what made you wanna go that high in pressure? im really surprised they swayed on you at that psi, they musta been rock solid! I found 28 psi - 32 psi feels great on the street, but def sway a bit.....

Well I figured that my 555R's wore out so soon because I would drive around with 20psi in them. I was told by the tire tech that on the side of the NT05R's it says 45psi. In a lapse of judgement I said go with 40 not thinking that that was probably the MAX the tire could be inflated to. Dropped them down to 35psi after I heat cycled them.

Jefe

Established Member
I ran anywhere from 26-29 psi on my NT05's daily driving and they always felt great. Bring it down below 30 and see how much better they hook plus the ride will be a little softer. I cant believe he read the max pressure on the tire and wanted to set it that high

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I ran anywhere from 26-29 psi on my NT05's daily driving and they always felt great. Bring it down below 30 and see how much better they hook plus the ride will be a little softer. I cant believe he read the max pressure on the tire and wanted to set it that high

yeah on my NT05 315 35 17 street tires I always ran 28 psi. They handled great and had good traction.

With the NT05Rs @ 28 psi, the ride was muchhhh softer and of course hooked awesome.....

Users who are viewing this thread