Finally got my car with my new setup

blwnblkgt

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about the compression with the right amount of boost/timing it will be fine. We had a car we built that ended up at 9.6:1 with heads/cams and a 2.8 standard inlet kb. 17lbs of boost/17 degrees of timing, no detonation on 93 and made 730.

Be sure to post up what it makes!
Wow 730! I was hoping to break 600hp on pump gas and I would've been happy with that !

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Well the numbers are car made 576hp and 538tq with 15 degrees of timing didn't break 600 but i wasent expecting to with high compression and pump gas , real numbers will be when I go to the track

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, the numbers are just fine for now, eh? A conservative tune due to your high compression and 93 octane fuel. Hopefully down the road you'll be able to go with E85, and more power/torque. I'm anxious to hear how you do at the track.

ctgreddy

Established Member
How much boost? Numbers seem very low to me considering 10:1, fgt cams, tvs and 15 degrees.

blwnblkgt

Established Member
I'm gonna be running 100 octane at the track and most of the time due to not being my daily , Justin Is gonna send me a race gas tune around 20 degrees of timing should wake up the my high compression set up still gonna run the same boost at the dyno it was around 15.5-16psi

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Is there any online stores that have 100 octane that you can get a great deal? I'm thinking of buying a 55g barrel

Users who are viewing this thread