Finally got my car with my new setup

blwnblkgt

Established Member
It's been awhile but I finally received my car from ca me and the wife got stationed in Tyndall afb Florida and left my car at the shop to install a new aluminator shortblock 10:1 compression stock heads with supercar gt cams Mac long tubes tvs blower with gt500 t/b and id1000 injectors .. Gonna need make a appointment soon to get the car dyno tuned

image_zpsgtepa1dv.jpg

elcobrita

Established Member
Nice! Compression does wonders for these cars. Just really hope you are running E-85 or race gas only. Wouldnt chance it with high compression and boost on 93.

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Yea wish I had e85 in Panama City but I'm on gonna be tuning it with 93 pump talked to justin at vmp he said he can tune with a 3.2 pulley

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. Car looks great and I bet it pulls like a train.
Good luck on the dyno.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats! Thank you for your service. Post up numbers when you can I'm sure it's a beast.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm sure VMP will do you right on the tune, but man that compression on a boosted motor would keep me up at night running 93oct. Is it's a 4.6 or stroked to 5.0? I'll be really interested to here max timing, please be sure to ask so you can post it up. I'm guessing maybe 15 degrees.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw your Cobra in the other thread. Good looking car. Gotta love the VMP setup. :thumbsup:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Super nice car! Surprised more don't run the mach 1 short block with 10:1 compression. I'm going to have to do some research on this.

blwnblkgt

Established Member
I'm sure VMP will do you right on the tune, but man that compression on a boosted motor would keep me up at night running 93oct. Is it's a 4.6 or stroked to 5.0? I'll be really interested to here max timing, please be sure to ask so you can post it up. I'm guessing maybe 15 degrees.
no it's a ford racing aluminator 4.6 one of the last ones they had at ford the 10:1 compression, it also has arp head studs cometic head gaskets , it has upgraded cam chain pivot studs due to the wap block ones being weak and also upgraded to a billet cam tensioner from accufab the stock ones are known to retarded the cam timing
Here's an article about it http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/1408-simple-mod-motor-fixes-cam-chain-tensioner/. But my goal was to run e85 but here in Panama City there's no e85 so I gotta handicap the engine till I get back to ca or get stationed some where else and hope they have e85

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Got appointment for the 19th of April with Justin at vmp will let you guys know what she makes with high compression on pump gas

blckRadda

Established Member
Got appointment for the 19th of April with Justin at vmp will let you guys know what she makes with high compression on pump gas

You have spent the money on making the car go faster, your next move should be to spend money on making sure your engine is safe you so more than most with your compression ratio. J&S Vampire and MalcolmV8 Lean Protection mode

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Good looking cobra, I'm interested in how that high of compression will result on the dyno. Should be pretty stout.

Super nice car! Surprised more don't run the mach 1 short block with 10:1 compression. I'm going to have to do some research on this.

Mach use the WAP blocks and don't have forged rods or pistons. Only the 5spd Machs received the forged 8 bolt crank. The alluminator was a ford racing engine and in the 05-10 three valves.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about the compression with the right amount of boost/timing it will be fine. We had a car we built that ended up at 9.6:1 with heads/cams and a 2.8 standard inlet kb. 17lbs of boost/17 degrees of timing, no detonation on 93 and made 730.

Be sure to post up what it makes!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

That's awesome. Keep us posted.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread