FINALLY DONE!! First F1X procharger on a coyote EVER!!!

blk00gtvert

Established Member
all that really left is wire the gear vendors overdrive, change the pulley. (has a 4 inch on it now but going to start with a 4.5). fill cooling sysytem, fill ice tank and a few other odds and ends and we will be hitting the dyno.. :)

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
This is badass! I agree on the bap not being the best with all the money and big parts, needs a full system.. But if if works then good job

Need driving videos asap lol, i love the sound of a big procharger... And its nice to see something different then just slapping on a turbo. Awesome build

01bluesnake

Established Member
is there a reason why u didnt just go with a single A/W setup?

Was just about to ask that myself lol.

I got a Frozen boost A/W rated at 2000, and doesn't look much bigger than one of your A/W units. just seems like it cost more, weighs more and takes up more space than a correctly sized A/W. Still nice setup regardless, the F1X is a beast of a blower.

Last edited:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Was just about to ask that myself lol.

I got a Frozen boost A/W rated at 2000, and doesn't look much bigger than one of your A/W units. just seems like it cost more, weighs more and takes up more space than a correctly sized A/W. Still nice setup regardless, the F1X is a beast of a blower.

These are frozen boost intercoolers.... BUT everyone in talked to said they are only efficient at about half therr rated capacity...everyone that's making big power through them says double up... and the 2000 hp one would not fit behind bumper so I used two 1000 hp units.... I look at it this way... can't really have too much intercooler

01bluesnake

Established Member
They're a lot more efficient than half, IAT's would be a better thing to log when done and see if a single isn't efficient enough. Don't forget, more restriction through multiple cores will affect boost levels. Also take into account the fluid exiting the first core transferring to the second is likely not going to cool the next core as good, where a properly sized single core would be more efficient. That can be checked with a infrared gun, or by adding water temp gauge to see in and out water temps. Check over on yellow bullet with all the guys running them and their IAT's. It might not be a bad idea to do some logging and playing with one vs using two units.

Last edited:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
How mush boost are you looking to push.... Looks good !!!!

I'm not sure to be honest. Procharger and I have no idea. The f1c on this motor made 19 psi with a 4 inch pulley. We are GUESS ING that the 4.5 pulley on this one should make low 20s and the 4 inch should make 27-30.

2FST-4U

Established Member
Looks and sounds great def a bad ass set up!! looking to see how it does at the track? keep us posted!!

Users who are viewing this thread