FINALLY DONE!! First F1X procharger on a coyote EVER!!!

blk00gtvert

Established Member
sorry about that. the car continues to try my paitents. lol

the track went a little something like this. my msd two step decided it doesn't want to work anymore. so launching wasn't working. on the first pass right off the bat the car started breaking up. I realized right there and then I had forgot to swap out the plugs. :(

second pass it spun its ass off and again broke up.

third pass it hooked but my blower brace I made broke the ball joint and it tossed the belt. :(

so I ordered ANOTHER belt. and have since switched from the brisk super cold plugs to the ngks in hopes that a hotter plug will last longer and give me less trouble and im going back out the next time the track is open. probably some time in jan.

the car is making KILLER power with the air to air now. it WAS making exactly 1k at 7800. now its making 1k at 6800!! so once I fix this stupid breaking up issue I should be 1050+ through the TH400. THEN I can let this thing run out the back door and see what it does. im so close I can taste it. lol

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Sorry that I forgot to update this again. it appears that I final found the root issue to the breaking up that i have been fighting at the track for over a year now. i always have had what i thought was a ignition issue at high rpm whenever i pushed the car hard. well.... looks like MMR broke it off in my A$$ again. i have been using their cylinder heads off my broken motor from them (long story). anyway few weeks ago i randomly broke a valvpring.. and i mean RANDOM like was on the interstate with the cruise control set and tapped the break to shut it off and i was turning on the off ramp and the damn thing just starts misfiring, im like WTF?. so i limp it to the house and few hours later find a broken spring. so on a hunch i pull a few of the springs and low and behold, every spring tha i checked had almost STOCK pressure. and were all over the place. ranging from 70-90# on seat. so i call my buddy tim at MPR and he confirms what i found. says the springs are total junk. he said he has taken new ones, put them in a cheker, come back a few hours later and they are down in pressure substantially. he basically told me i was lucky they didn't fail right away. so knowing this.. i go back and check my logs and i find that my boost readings started jumping +/- 2 psi while it was breaking up. i just never noticed it. so 90% sure i found my smoking gun. i have a set of mpr springs ordered and will be tossing them in when they get here....

Users who are viewing this thread