FINALLY A Real Picture Of The 2015 Mustang

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The rear looks like the same old, same old(weak), but the rest looks good.

i hope not. all that is an updated retro mustang. :rollseyes

same stupid crap we've been getting since 2005.

Maybe I'm the minority then. The Mustang as it stands dwarfs other pony cars in it's class when it comes to aesthetics.

I would be relived to see Ford build something that resembles a Mustang instead of a futuristic euro-fart.

As for rear-ends ...erm, have you seen what the competition has been up to??

Does anyone on here believe the statement, less is more?

2014-Corvette-Convertible-Rear.jpg

2010-Chevrolet-Camaro-Transformers-Special-Edition-Rear-Angle-View.jpg

To me the current Mustang already looks good, refresh it, don't fix what's not broken by going over the top.

2013-ford-mustang-shelby-GT500-rear-view-2.jpg

starnsey

Established Member
To me the current Mustang already looks good, refresh it, don't fix what's not broken by going over the top.

Don't fix what's not broken? You just want the mustang to stay the same way another ten years? They've got to take a different direction at some point. They can't stick with what they've got forever.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Maybe I'm the minority then. The Mustang as it stands dwarfs other pony cars in it's class when it comes to aesthetics.

I would be relived to see Ford build something that resembles a Mustang instead of a futuristic euro-fart.

As for rear-ends ...erm, have you seen what the competition has been up to??

Does anyone on here believe the statement, less is more?

2014-Corvette-Convertible-Rear.jpg

2010-Chevrolet-Camaro-Transformers-Special-Edition-Rear-Angle-View.jpg

2013-ford-mustang-shelby-GT500-rear-view-2.jpg

Here's a pretty cool aftermarket bumper for the C7 that I think looks good:
c7rearbumperc6.jpg

It definitely fixes the appearance for those who are stuck on c6 tail lights. Painted and installed would really fix the only "bad" part of the c7s new design.

But honestly, the current mustang is getting boring looking. I think straight view from the front looks good but side view is weak and I don't like the rear of the current mustang either.

Would be nice to see a dramatic change at this point since we've had a variation of the current car since 2005.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Don't fix what's not broken? You just want the mustang to stay the same way another ten years? They've got to take a different direction at some point. They can't stick with what they've got forever.

By that I didn't mean to imply it stays exactly the same. I think from the rumors we will see a car 30% shorter, but retaining some cues from the outgoing body style.

Here's a pretty cool aftermarket bumper for the C7 that I think looks good:
c7rearbumperc6.jpg

It definitely fixes the appearance for those who are stuck on c6 tail lights. Painted and installed would really fix the only "bad" part of the c7s new design.

But honestly, the current mustang is getting boring looking. I think straight view from the front looks good but side view is weak and I don't like the rear of the current mustang either.

Would be nice to see a dramatic change at this point since we've had a variation of the current car since 2005.

I like the C7 overall, I think with time the rear bumper MAY grow on me. Right now it just looks ridiculous, like a lot of shit GM is designing these days.

Going back to what I was saying earlier, less is more! Seriously, what compels them to go this far over the top???

2011-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-rear-480.jpg

Even their midsized cars..I can see trying to separate yourselves from the ordinary, but holy ****!

2014-chevrolet-malibu-rear-view_9220_119_640x480.jpg

As for the statement that the Mustang is ordinary and boring looking from a lot of angles, no disagreements. To counter that, I'd say the Mustang has always been relatively simple. Let's not forget it starts at $20,000. ; ) They could put all sorts of angular plastic bumpers to spice it up, but I may have to kick someone's ass if they do.

A lot of it is personal opinion. I love the Challenger, and it is a fat ****ing land yacht.

2013-Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-Core-left-side-view-1024x640.jpg

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Appearance-wise, the challenger has been the best retro car IMO.

Imagine if they had it at like 3500lbs or less...it'd be one hell of a car.

Last edited:

robb15033

Established Member
They have said that Dodge cornered themselves creatively for the future of the Challenger because they replicated the original so closely. I think thier counter punch will be to stop producing the Challenger and put out there a new Barracuda.
trufiberhood3_zps60e7d8b9.jpg

2015Mach5a_zps87342b8a.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The closer we get to the real unveiling, the more my hope fades for a decent re-design. I wouldn't mind Ford retaining a bit of the S197 styling, but I would hate to see basically a mild refresh of the '14. I still have hope that Ford will unleash a bit of creative genius on the new Mustang.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I'm probably one of the few but personally I hate the 10-14 Mustangs they are just awful. I'm ready for the new one if it looks like the renderings it already looks a lot better...

stangfreak

Established Member
I'm probably one of the few but personally I hate the 10-14 Mustangs they are just awful. I'm ready for the new one if it looks like the renderings it already looks a lot better...

That's why I still have my cobra. The retro crap never caught on with me

robb15033

Established Member
I think that the S550 will keep evolving with huge sponsors contributing slick ass versions of the car.
-I like the RTR center LED's alot.
RTR_2015_Spec2_Front-Slider.jpg
-The F35 Lightning II Edition looks cool:
f-35-lightning-II-edition-2015-mustang-gt-01.jpg
f-35-lightning-II-edition-2015-mustang-gt-02.jpg
[video=youtube;JHhnmyKOd2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhnmyKOd2Y[/video]
Finally, For FUN:
2015-Mustang-GT350-Carbon-Fiber.jpg

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Do not revive old threads