Fifth Wheel Toyhaulers

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Another vote for Grand Design, we have a 2017 Imagine 2600rb bumper-pull and love it. We had a smaller Imagine XLS before that and it was great as well. Like what has been mentioned, they're all built like a house of cards with small degrees of quality variance. From our research Grand Design was the best company to deal with after the sale so that's who we went with. If you're halfway handy you can work on them yourself, pretty easy to work on and there are tons of self-help DIY groups out there for them.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The biggest thing I have learned is you must hand any leak as soon as it's discovered. I had a friend develop a small leak in his 5th wheel that he put off fixing for about a month. You'd think the interior was water soluble. The thing nearly fell apart and was never the same again. I'm constantly on the roof of mine cleaning and inspecting. This stuff (Dicor) is your friend:

This one is good too:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Another nod for Grand Design. After tons of research and visits to dealers, Grand Design was the only brand that consistently diaplayed great build quality.

As Corbic stated, proper inventory is jacked just like the auto industry. Parts supply issues and huge demand.

If money is no object, look into an ATC toy hauler:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm thinking about putting one on some property I own that we could use to get away for a weekend and have a place to hang out when taking a break from cutting grass. Not sure if I can hook the waste up to the city sewer yet.
Sorry for the hijack, good info in here.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
After a lot of back and forth and looking around, we went and looked at a Heartland Cyclone yesterday that I’m going to pick up next week. Trying to find a decent unit at the right price with a good floor plan for us and 3 kids plus garage space large enough to fit an X3 was quite a challenge.

4421825D-04F9-441D-9267-AE1E132BFDD4.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
After a lot of back and forth and looking around, we went and looked at a Heartland Cyclone yesterday that I’m going to pick up next week. Trying to find a decent unit at the right price with a good floor plan for us and 3 kids plus garage space large enough to fit an X3 was quite a challenge.

View attachment 1747037

Nice, congrats. For a 2017, it looks great. Someone took good care of it.

What are you towing it with?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
3 axles, that's a big dog! Congrats. Do you have covered storage for it? That will help it from deteriorating quickly.
Get some self leveling lap sealant, as well as some regular sealant. Stay vigilant in going over all the exterior seams like the front cap, on a regular basis. I'd also check what tires you have. If they are Westlake, get rid of them. There's a reason they call them China bombs. Also, invest in some pressure/temperature monitors for your tires. My F450 has the trailer tires integrated into the truck monitoring system. Not sure what you're pulling with, but check into it.

Good luck and have fun.

Your government is lying to you

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, congrats. For a 2017, it looks great. Someone took good care of it.

What are you towing it with?
It’s a one owner and was purchased in mid 2018. Very little use on it, it’s in great shape

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys are going to love that! Enjoy
I’m pretty excited. Headed out to western CO/Moab in June for a few weeks. Going to try and make a quick beach or close campground trip before then to try and get the hang of things.

Hopefully firing up my X3 tonight. Just got it back together with rods/pistons/cams/big turbo. 350 horse SxS is going to be awesome out west

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hopefully firing up my X3 tonight. Just got it back together with rods/pistons/cams/big turbo. 350 horse SxS is going to be awesome out west
Mine is/was stone stock and I thought it was pretty fast. I can't imagine it with another 200+hp.

Do you happen to have a parts list......?

Users who are viewing this thread