Fifth Wheel Toyhaulers

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is/was stone stock and I thought it was pretty fast. I can't imagine it with another 200+hp.

Do you happen to have a parts list......?
Mine's a '17 XRS, started life as a 154hp machine. Admittedly, I've never driven a stock one but I bought this one with a ~200 horse 93 octane tune on it and it was definitely pretty quick. I made some changes and put it on E85 which put it around 245 horse. That was fun until I started attending some dirt drags last year and it became pretty obvious that I needed some more power. Off the top of my head, motor mods now are

- BC pistons/rods/cams
- ID1300 injectors
- Evo Dynomite 350 turbo kit
- Evo intake and charge pipes
- Evo cat delete
- Depot Racing intercooler
- Evo TAPP primary clutch and ShiftTek secondary

x3.jpg

x32.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's a nice set up. Mine is a 2022 DS. I had a mishap back in Feb so it's getting a new frame right now. I talked to the shop about doing the 200hp upgrade with everything else, but waiting to see how getting it fixed goes.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The problem you’re going to have with a 22 is that the ECU in the 21/22’s hasn’t been cracked yet so there is no real tuning option. I’ve heard rumors of some people using a ‘20 ECU but I believe it requires some repinning of the harness

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The problem you’re going to have with a 22 is that the ECU in the 21/22’s hasn’t been cracked yet so there is no real tuning option. I’ve heard rumors of some people using a ‘20 ECU but I believe it requires some repinning of the harness

Looking at your pics, I'd consider adding a set of airbags to your truck. They made a big difference on mine.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Looking at your pics, I'd consider adding a set of airbags to your truck. They made a big difference on mine.
They are high on the list of things to get. I did notice some bouncing going over large bumps or when heavier on the brakes. Less than I thought it would, but it was still there for sure.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Another thing you may want to invest in (I love spending other people's money) is a disc brake conversion kit. Electric over hydraulic system and makes a HUGE difference. Trust me, you'll never regret doing it.

Your government is lying to you

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not totally upset with that. I'm still good with where it's at. I'd like to get an intercooler at least just because I think they're needed with boost.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Another thing you may want to invest in (I love spending other people's money) is a disc brake conversion kit. Electric over hydraulic system and makes a HUGE difference. Trust me, you'll never regret doing it.

Your government is lying to you
The brakes were pretty underwhelming towing it back yesterday. Honestly I was expecting more. Airbags, trailer tires, and trailer brakes are my top 3 thing to look into at the moment
I'm not totally upset with that. I'm still good with where it's at. I'd like to get an intercooler at least just because I think they're needed with boost.
Oh didn’t release you had a base model - yeah adding an intercooler isn’t a bad idea at all

C2tuck

Established Member
The brakes were pretty underwhelming towing it back yesterday. Honestly I was expecting more. Airbags, trailer tires, and trailer brakes are my top 3 thing to look into at the moment

Oh didn’t release you had a base model - yeah adding an intercooler isn’t a bad idea at all

They make disc brake conversions for the trailer…

Enjoy that rabbit hole.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Congratulations on the trailer! The cyclone was probably the best toy hauler in the industry in the late 2000’s. Heartland sold to Thor Industries in the 2010 range and became a bit more in the “upper echelon”. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad trailer though, in fact, they’re pretty awesome! The “pre-Thor” heartland team lives on as the Alliance RV brand these days, but the cyclone was the first toy hauler with “no carpet”, lockable “docking station”, and the corner cutouts to support sharp turns with short bed trucks. They used to come with memory foam mattresses as well, which was a nice touch.

Anyway, awesome trailer and badass Maverick (I’ve got a ‘17 XRS max with a Whalen 170 tune and a Whalen longblock).

Users who are viewing this thread