FIC Fuel Injector Debate

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
So I was doing a good bit of research on what were my options on fuel injectors for the car and it seemed that all you ever see here is Injector Dynamics.

Now they are a good brand I know this from my previous cars, However my last set of injectors were from Fuel Injector Clinic and I found that I has 0 issues with them and my tuner on that car liked them better than ID's as he found them better matched and easy to tune.

I noticed they have a few solid options for the mustang crowd and I'm curious as to why I don't see anyone running them here. Evolution Performance uses their 205lb units on the green car that won the mustang shoot out.

Not to mention the 205lb's from FIC are 500$ cheaper than the 200lb units from ID at retail price. So this raises a few questions, I honestly wish someone made a good middle injector like 160lb units. The ID 1300's look to be the ticket from them but I've told they don't sit well in the Boss 302 intake stock and JPC is testing spacers I believe.

Fuel Injector Clinic - Mustang GT 1986-2012

So for my application I'll be planning to run both E85 and 93 pump with a big boy return style fuel system. So 1300 or larger is needed but I starting to stare at the FIC 2150's as I've previously had great success with them.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So I was doing a good bit of research on what were my options on fuel injectors for the car and it seemed that all you ever see here is Injector Dynamics.

Now they are a good brand I know this from my previous cars, However my last set of injectors were from Fuel Injector Clinic and I found that I has 0 issues with them and my tuner on that car liked them better than ID's as he found them better matched and easy to tune.

I noticed they have a few solid options for the mustang crowd and I'm curious as to why I don't see anyone running them here. Evolution Performance uses their 205lb units on the green car that won the mustang shoot out.

Not to mention the 205lb's from FIC are 500$ cheaper than the 200lb units from ID at retail price. So this raises a few questions, I honestly wish someone made a good middle injector like 160lb units. The ID 1300's look to be the ticket from them but I've told they don't sit well in the Boss 302 intake stock and JPC is testing spacers I believe.

Fuel Injector Clinic - Mustang GT 1986-2012

So for my application I'll be planning to run both E85 and 93 pump with a big boy return style fuel system. So 1300 or larger is needed but I starting to stare at the FIC 2150's as I've previously had great success with them.

We ran the id2000's with the boss intake for nearly 2 years with no issues. You just need the right adapters for the 850's, 1300's, and 2000's.

Some places keep saying you can't run them with the boss intake, and that's simply not true. Been doing it for customers for years.

I had a chevy guy exchange a set of 85's and we are running them on the red car. We ran the 2000's in the blue car, and the 1300's will have the same size body.

stang8psi

Established Member
There are several options.. run Bosch 60mm injectors right fit and very easily tuned. There was s the fic as mentioned there is also deatschwerks. They all are hundreds $$ cheaper than ID ... and they all can and are just as easy to tune..

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member

Yea I've read that page before and im not foolish enough to believe simple internet opinions that's why I consider all options and be unbiased.

I'll more then likely go with the ID 1300's but as I mentioned I had good luck with FIC's previously so I was looking for more personal experience opinions and maybe input on other options out there.

I appreciate the info beef as I'll keep the ID's in mind but just trying to open a discussion on other options not trying to start a flame war on whose better haha.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

There are several options.. run Bosch 60mm injectors right fit and very easily tuned. There was s the fic as mentioned there is also deatschwerks. They all are hundreds $$ cheaper than ID ... and they all can and are just as easy to tune..

This is just not the case.
Without the injector manufactures data represented in a format that complements Fords 4bar mechanical returnless fuel system tables, you are simply pissing into the wind.

We call it tooning, not calibrating.

The basic data (high/low slope, breakpoint, min pulse width) is all fairly easy to get, but what about the multipliers and offsets? Offsets for battery voltage, fuel pressure, fuel rail temperature, etc. good luck 'tooning' those values if the manufacture does not have the appropriate data. (And most don't)

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

FYI, the ID1300's are a new breed of injector. They are produced directly at Bosch Motorsport with the analness (is that a word?) of Paul Yaw refining all the details that make ID's the best of the best. In other words you get world class manufacturing with too of the line engineering. These are not modified injectors. They are purpose built.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
FYI, the ID1300's are a new breed of injector. They are produced directly at Bosch Motorsport with the analness (is that a word?) of Paul Yaw refining all the details that make ID's the best of the best. In other words you get world class manufacturing with too of the line engineering. These are not modified injectors. They are purpose built.

Shaun I'm sure you've seen a few high HP setups what size would you recommend for say 1200 max while keeping the injectors in a safe IDC range? I think the 1300 should be able to do that with E85, I've heard that the 2000's tend to burn more fuel at low rpm but no real world data to confirm this so just kicking possibilities.

Shaun@AED

Shaun I'm sure you've seen a few high HP setups what size would you recommend for say 1200 max while keeping the injectors in a safe IDC range? I think the 1300 should be able to do that with E85, I've heard that the 2000's tend to burn more fuel at low rpm but no real world data to confirm this so just kicking possibilities.

1300's were designed for 1000 on E85 safely.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we made just over 1000 on e85 on the 1000's, you should be good for 1300 rwhp or so on "fuel" with the 1000's

RKing

Shaun,

There are two different companies abbreviated by the name FIC; Fuel Injector Connection, which is the FIC that is referred to in that link. If you go to their site, you can see the injectors are identical. FUEL INJECTOR CONNECTION - CUSTOM BOSCH EV14 INJECTORS 550CC TO 1000CC These are the guys that ID have issue with.

The other FIC, the good FIC, which the OP is asking about, is Fuel Injector Clinic. Fuel Injector Clinic I've run 3 different sets from them(always upgraded never had any failures) and their injectors have always been excellent quality. The last set that I ran was the FIC 2150s in my turbo car and, as the OP said, they are on par with ID injectors but at a better price point. If/when I upgrade my stock injectors, I'm going FIC again.

OP, I'm guessing most don't run FICs here because of the confusion seen above. There's a bad FIC and a good FIC and, unfortunately, most don't seem to be aware of the good FIC.

Shaun@AED

Shaun,

There are two different companies abbreviated by the name FIC; Fuel Injector Connection, which is the FIC that is referred to in that link. If you go to their site, you can see the injectors are identical. FUEL INJECTOR CONNECTION - CUSTOM BOSCH EV14 INJECTORS 550CC TO 1000CC These are the guys that ID have issue with.

The other FIC, the good FIC, which the OP is asking about, is Fuel Injector Clinic. Fuel Injector Clinic I've run 3 different sets from them(always upgraded never had any failures) and their injectors have always been excellent quality. The last set that I ran was the FIC 2150s in my turbo car and, as the OP said, they are on par with ID injectors but at a better price point. If/when I upgrade my stock injectors, I'm going FIC again.

OP, I'm guessing most don't run FICs here because of the confusion seen above. There's a bad FIC and a good FIC and, unfortunately, most don't seem to be aware of the good FIC.

I don't care how good the injectors are, without *Proper* tune data, they are not worth running.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

Nice you mentioned this. We just started working and dealing with Deatschwerks. Also using a BOSCH injector with the same functions as others. We will say that it's comparable to select brands and easy with tuning.

Whats cool about them too, all their information is on their website.

(in stock next week)

**trustworthy data to follow to see how they are on the newer ones because we know they do work on older years**

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread