FEELER: 03 DSG KB 2.2 Cobra, CCW's, low miles...much more.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
The tires :lol: In the vid it was on lower boost, I think it was making around 530rwhp. I should prob edit the video

HAHA man thats funny. i thought you meant 20 on the tune!

I was talking to Paul earlier today on skype, im going to push a little more boost, or maybe just retune the car......i dont know how hot AZ gets but im assuming hotter than here most of the year. Id like to get another 30-40 horse outta the car!

Jefe

Established Member
HAHA man thats funny. i thought you meant 20 on the tune!

I was talking to Paul earlier today on skype, im going to push a little more boost, or maybe just retune the car......i dont know how hot AZ gets but im assuming hotter than here most of the year. Id like to get another 30-40 horse outta the car!
Oh its hot during the summer. Heatsoaks fast, well at least on my stockish Cobra. We are usually above 95 for about 2.5 months. 3-4 weeks is 105+ every day.

That thing will handle it no problem though. Might just do an E85 swap if you have that by you. Just bump the timing and you should see at least 30rwhp over the 91 tune. If you have 93 that might just do it too

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Oh its hot during the summer. Heatsoaks fast, well at least on my stockish Cobra. We are usually above 95 for about 2.5 months. 3-4 weeks is 105+ every day.

That thing will handle it no problem though. Might just do an E85 swap if you have that by you. Just bump the timing and you should see at least 30rwhp over the 91 tune. If you have 93 that might just do it too

yah i had considered E85, but yes we have 93 all over, and there are even places to go get some 110 octane i could do. I will most likely bump the timing/ pulley it a bit higher, i didnt know that tune was on a 91 oct. tune....

if it is pullied with longtubes, isnt that motor only seeing 16 lbs anyways? my car is tuned for 19lbs with with longtubes my tuner assured me its only seeing 17 lbs....

svt_racing

Established Member
Yes the car is tuned for 91 octane and yes I did say that. Why would I have a 93 octane tune (basically more timing) and only be able to get 91 octane? There is still more untapped power...I just do things safe.

With the free flowing exhaust and less back pressure yes...I see about 16lbs of boost. Now that is cooler in AZ I'm sure Id see 17 to 18 now and especially where you are. Hence the reason the car is on a safe tune, making safe boost. I chose this combo, I didn't want to go higher boost due to the octane restraints or I would have.

@ the 19k comment...yeah okaayyyy. Car is sold and I'd never be high enough to let it go for 19k any how.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Yes the car is tuned for 91 octane and yes I did say that. Why would I have a 93 octane tune (basically more timing) and only be able to get 91 octane? There is still more untapped power...I just do things safe.

With the free flowing exhaust and less back pressure yes...I see about 16lbs of boost. Now that is cooler in AZ I'm sure Id see 17 to 18 now and especially where you are. Hence the reason the car is on a safe tune, making safe boost. I chose this combo, I didn't want to go higher boost due to the octane restraints or I would have.

@ the 19k comment...yeah okaayyyy. Car is sold and I'd never be high enough to let it go for 19k any how.

oh yah, i forgot you guys cant get 93. im going to pulley it up i think a bit, get her retuned for 93/110.

Haha at the 19k comment.

i feel like im geting a great deal at 23:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread