Feeler: 03 black 600hp cobra

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
Wow... You don't see a lot of for sale threads turn into a shit storm

cclark

Established Member
Mr. Howard, there is some misinformation in your post here sir. First of all you never, not once asked on the phone how many owners there were. Yes I had a carfax (from the last guy who came and checked out the car and he gave it to me), but you never asked and I didn't think it was that big of a deal considering I had no clue how many there were when I bought it and along with you not asking about how many owners there were you just assumed there were 3 because I told you about the mods and everything done to this car and which involved Logan (the guy who I bought it from and some guy who put the cosmetic mods on the car before Logan, that's all I knew about concerning who did what to the car, the 4 people before that I have no clue about what they did and like I said you never asked how many owners there were, again I would've said if I thought it mattered, there's damn 29 thousand miles on the car and these cars are 10 years old and get passed around often, some owners only have for 3-6 months, many on this classifieds section are prime examples.

Second of all, I said I installed fog lights that work and are brand new and come with the car and I also bought but didn't install the hi/low beam HIDS because it was too much of a pain in the ass. Never in my ad did it say it ever came with HIDS, not fogs not nothing, but on the phone I just told you about what I have done and the fogs are the only ones I was able to put in and I had purchased hi/lows but I could not install them.

About the billet, that's a 450 dollar receipt from mgw, but not all the billet I put in the car was from mgw, another order came from American muscle, which included the door controls, the steering wheel controls, the shifter bezel, the cigarette delete, and the coin delete....that including the mats all ordered from American muscle and was another 400+ dollars...and those mats are weather tech mats, good ass top quality mats they sell on American muscle that were 80 bucks for the set of 2, not some cheap Walmart mats so I don't know why your hating on the mats. Again, this is all misinformation that you just posted online, don't get how or why your ragging on me and thinking I lied to you.

The pinch welds were something I never even saw when I bought the car and only saw it once which was when we took it to my buddies ford dealer and it didn't cross my mind, especially since many, MANY mustangs have those welds bent in from shops jacking it up etc. you even said so yourself.

I told you it had 2-3 main scratches that I didn't do and were there when I bought the car and no dents, which it doesn't. Theres a crinkle mark where someone rolled the fenders but not a dent and hardly noticeable but I told you about the scratches and front fascia beings road rashed a little, I didn't lie or hide anything, the body is incredible on that car.

I told you everything over the phone that I told you in person, nothing changed nothing was different I didn't hide anything the only thing semi different was the hi/low beam HIDS which I know I ordered but I didn't install and I told you I didn't install them and I never said they came with the car, it wasn't on my ad on Craigslist, I could've swore I ha them but I did install and include the fogs that were already on the car.

In person you seemed very pleased with the car and only disliked the owners thing (which again you never asked me and just assumed it was 3 since the only history and mods I know of the car were by the two people before me and you said it didn't really matter because it has 29.5 on the body) and the pinch welds were your only two compliments. You seemed very pleased and happy with it as I did everything I could and sent you and your other family member (with the good phone) 20+ pictures, 2 videos and spent at least a total of 2.5-3 hrs on the phone with you. Pretty shitty you can come out and say all this negative shit when it wasnt like this when you came and saw it, and your on here spilling out wrong information. To say if you wouldn't have drove 4.5 hrs to get it you wouldn't have bought it is pretty ****ed up. Wasn't like that web you saw it and all the compliments you had...pretty weird.

*forgot to add, also from American muscle came the billet light knob and light bezel. Trust me I said there was 700 dollars worth in the car, I'm not making it up.

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
This really bothers me, you never, NOT ONCE asked how many owners there were you simply assumed and if you would've asked I would've told you I have no reason to hide it mr. Howard. And the whole garage kept thing, when you say 'always garages kept' its referring to the time that you, I repeat YOU, owned the car, I have no clue what the previous owners did, I do know Logan always garaged it and the guy from Kentucky before him....guess I should've been more clear in my ad and say 'always garage kept under my ownership'....sorry for anything you feel I changed or hid or kept from you, I really didn't. It's a top notch car and I spent a lot of money on it and everything I told you was the truth, again sorry you feel that way but I swear I didn't change any story and hide anything.

pabaker

Established Member
I may not post much on this forum board, but I have been on here on a regular basis for the last 6 years. I just purchased a 04 Cobra from BlackSunshine13 on this forum (her and her husband are GREAT people) and a lightning from MikeDSVT . I can vouch for jhoward, he is a stand up guy. I have yet to have any shady dealings with him and he uses integrity in any of his dealings with me or any of my family. In our neck of the woods if you bring up jhowards name, nobody questions any of his work or motives.

Last edited:

pabaker

Established Member
cclark you do say in one of your post that you were going to include HID's:

Contemplating selling my 03 kenne bell cobra that I just bought last November and put a whopping 100-150 miles on, and another $1500 dollars in cosmetic mods including hi/lo hids in 5000k 35w from hidguy and matching fog lights along a new autometer NV series oil pressure gauge on the column (old one was broke), along with mgw and American muscle billet accessories (like 700 bucks worth) and a new shifter knob and mats, stuff like that. Here is the original thread, I am asking 26500 for the car and am still losing 1000 bucks and I've had it for 4 months and 100 miles!!!! It's best to reach me thru texts, I'm not on here much as I'm a police officer in DC, thanks for looking

Chris 240-299-0946

TRBO VNM

CAR IS SOLD!!!! VERY HAPPY BUYER AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO CRAIGSLIST!!!

TO ALL THE HATERS, DOUBTERS, SHIT TALKERS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TRBO VMN AND FINALTHEROM AND I BELIEVE DOC.....SUCK IT!!!! :dancenana:

Dude, really. I haven't posted in this thread in weeks and left it alone and you can't let it go. Kept bringing me up, kept bumping the thread like you had to sell, but yet claiming you didn't need to. Hello...if you needed or wanted more money for a down payment on the house (great investment by the way), then you NEEDED to sell it. Nevertheless, big deal, someone interested in your car wanted a compression test done. And the only person they knew of in the area was me. But you got all bent out of shape about it. I would have come to your place, but why bother with the attitude you had thinking you have the perfect car for sale. News flash, most people do in their eyes, but the buyer is looking at it as dropping good money for a vehicle, so they want reassurance from someone else, not just the seller who can and most of them bullshit anyway. You think I am such a bad guy because I was making others aware that you were denying a seller to have the car checked out and not just trust you and what you are saying. Too many peopple in this world are screwed over that way. That doesn't mean were trying to do that, but the simple fact is a good buyer wants more than just the sellers word that something is ok and good to go.

Whats freaking hilarious is that you were so hard up about no compression test and no need for it, but then you change your mind and offer it up for potential buyers. I could care less if I did it or anything, the fact was allowing it to be done and you caved in, which is VERY GOOD for you and the buyer if they decided they wanted it done. I am happy that you came to the conclusion that it was ok to have done. The whole issue on my end wasn't if I would do it, I don't care who does it, but getting it done is what should be offered to a buyer. And that is what you ended up allowing and leaving it up to the buyer if he wanted it done or not. I commend you for finally making that decision. And congrats on the sale.

Yeah, you don't know me, but if you did, you would realize what I posted was for the good of everyone or anyone who might get involved in the sale.

I AM the buyer of this car from PA and so far I am pleased with the purchase knowing full well how much it costs to build a car of this caliber. I've been working on and building cars for over 18 yrs and although I have not driven the car yet (but he did take me for a 6 mile ride and the car seemed to be fine) or put it on the lift for a complete inspection I can't find anything mechanically wrong. However, it did puff a little blue smoke 2 or 3 times upon starting (and it is oil, I know what it smells like). The car starts beautifully and idles smoothly. The engine install and work completed to the car seems to be top notch from what I can tell so far and have yet to find anything that really bothers me aside from a "floating" heat exchanger. Not trying to pick it apart but I am very particular and that needs fixed. There are a few dents and scratches so I would not consider the body to be "perfect" as described in his thread but it is definitely well taken care of considering the many owners (which I was not aware of even though I did ask). When I asked how many owners there were he told me there were 2 people before him and other than that he didn't know. However, he had a carfax report that showed there were 7 owners that he provided AFTER we drove 4 1/2 hrs to get there. He also claims that the car has always been garage kept but he only owned it for 9 months so he really has no way of knowing that. He says there are $700 in billet accessories but gave me a receipt for $450. The floor mats are rubber "truckmats". The pinch welds are all beat to hell, they couldn't figure out until about the 4th or 5th time that this wasn't a good place to jack up on (he said that was not him who did that but it was never mentioned until I seen it). He told me he didn't install the HID headlights and that they would go with the car but when I showed up he didn't know where they were and thought maybe he had sent them back. I talked with him extensively before we drove down and he was very willing to provide information and answer any questions I had. It just seemed as though when I arrived some of the stories started to change. I registered it and insured it today, will be inspecting it tomorrow and from there it will go to my tuner to get checked. I will post an update to let you know the results. A good friend and customer told me about this forum and found this write up about my car. Had I read this forum before buying the car I am certain I would have never made the 4 1/2 hr trip to MD and if I hadn't driven so far I probably would have walked away without buying it. With all the bullshit aside I am still pleased with my purchase. It is a beautiful car with a long list of high end parts. I just wish the seller would have been a little more straight forward with certain information on the car before I got there. :bash:

And this is why I posted. I never saw the car, but there are always two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. (And the seller, being a Leo, should know this first hand) Most buyers these days want the extra eyes on their purchase and some things checked out. Whenever we are looking to buy something and we are so close to getting it, we go partially blind and want to jump to handing over money. Having someone else that doesn't have a vested interest in the deal can bring people back down to earth and talk about things rationally.

Last edited:

Doc Hawk

SDRev.com
Established Member
I also bought but didn't install the hi/low beam HIDS because it was too much of a pain in the ass. Never in my ad did it say it ever came with HIDS, not fogs not nothing

Ad:
cclark said:
...and another $1500 dollars in cosmetic mods including hi/lo hids in 5000k 35w from hidguy and matching fog lights

I wish the mods could replace cclark's "Crazy SVT Poster" designation with "Verified Liar"

:shrug:

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
cclark you do say in one of your post that you were going to include HID's:

Contemplating selling my 03 kenne bell cobra that I just bought last November and put a whopping 100-150 miles on, and another $1500 dollars in cosmetic mods including hi/lo hids in 5000k 35w from hidguy and matching fog lights along a new autometer NV series oil pressure gauge on the column (old one was broke), along with mgw and American muscle billet accessories (like 700 bucks worth) and a new shifter knob and mats, stuff like that. Here is the original thread, I am asking 26500 for the car and am still losing 1000 bucks and I've had it for 4 months and 100 miles!!!! It's best to reach me thru texts, I'm not on here much as I'm a police officer in DC, thanks for looking

Chris 240-299-0946

That's a good Point here guy but as you can see that was posted a long time ago, and many things have changed since then. Obviously the price being one of them. Here is the ad the buy saw on Craigslist...no HIDS mentioned but I did include the fog lights because they were already installed and if I still had/found the hi/Lows I would've just gave those to him. Here's the ad that sold the car.

2003 Black Mustang Cobra 600whp!!!!

Doc Hawk

SDRev.com
Established Member
Because trolls just pick on people to get a rise. What I've done is just point out what almost everyone on SVTP sees - you are a dick, a liar, borderline stupid, and a disgrace to the badge.

The other thing that was weird in this thread is the seller says he wants to sell to buy a house, but then he also says he's willing to trade for another Cobra in another color. If I had that much sunk into my build and I really felt it was The Right Car, I'd just paint it whatever color I wanted. But to have all that in it and be interested in swapping for basically the same thing tells me he knows something is wrong with the car, and he wants to get out of it and into something similar without whatever "the problem" is.

I would never swap my built car for the same thing. I have worked hard to get it right and tight... swapping into something else is just inheriting someone else's shortcuts and problems. The only way another car's unknown issues becomes attractive, I suppose, is if the known issues in your own car are worth leaving behind. Maybe there's an easier explanation that I am missing. Buy a house or swap Cobras doesn't add up.

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
Dude, really. I haven't posted in this thread in weeks and left it alone and you can't let it go. Kept bringing me up, kept bumping the thread like you had to sell, but yet claiming you didn't need to. Hello...if you needed or wanted more money for a down payment on the house (great investment by the way), then you NEEDED to sell it. Nevertheless, big deal, someone interested in your car wanted a compression test done. And the only person they knew of in the area was me. But you got all bent out of shape about it. I would have come to your place, but why bother with the attitude you had thinking you have the perfect car for sale. News flash, most people do in their eyes, but the buyer is looking at it as dropping good money for a vehicle, so they want reassurance from someone else, not just the seller who can and most of them bullshit anyway. You think I am such a bad guy because I was making others aware that you were denying a seller to have the car checked out and not just trust you and what you are saying. Too many peopple in this world are screwed over that way. That doesn't mean were trying to do that, but the simple fact is a good buyer wants more than just the sellers word that something is ok and good to go.

Whats freaking hilarious is that you were so hard up about no compression test and no need for it, but then you change your mind and offer it up for potential buyers. I could care less if I did it or anything, the fact was allowing it to be done and you caved in, which is VERY GOOD for you and the buyer if they decided they wanted it done. I am happy that you came to the conclusion that it was ok to have done. The whole issue on my end wasn't if I would do it, I don't care who does it, but getting it done is what should be offered to a buyer. And that is what you ended up allowing and leaving it up to the buyer if he wanted it done or not. I commend you for finally making that decision. And congrats on the sale.

Yeah, you don't know me, but if you did, you would realize what I posted was for the good of everyone or anyone who might get involved in the sale.

And this is why I posted. I never saw the car, but there are always two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. (And the seller, being a Leo, should know this first hand) Most buyers these days want the extra eyes on their purchase and some things checked out. Whenever we are looking to buy something and we are so close to getting it, we go partially blind and want to jump to handing over money. Having someone else that doesn't have a vested interest in the deal can bring people back down to earth and talk about things rationally.

In the end, I actually did understand why you posted what you did, and that's why I added later on that I would have my mechanic come over and do it on the spot. I just wish you wouldve pm'd me instead of bumping my thread which in turn made all this mess and back and forth bickering and stuff.

cclark

Established Member
Because trolls just pick on people to get a rise. What I've done is just point out what almost everyone on SVTP sees - you are a dick, a liar, borderline stupid, and a disgrace to the badge.

The other thing that was weird in this thread is the seller says he wants to sell to buy a house, but then he also says he's willing to trade for another Cobra in another color. If I had that much sunk into my build and I really felt it was The Right Car, I'd just paint it whatever color I wanted. But to have all that in it and be interested in swapping for basically the same thing tells me he knows something is wrong with the car, and he wants to get out of it and into something similar without whatever "the problem" is.

You have no idea about anything about me, think whatever you like tho.

Again you also have assumptions on here...there is no problem with the car, the reason I wanted another color was Because I would've liked to always have a terminator around, being that theyre my favorite car and one I can afford, but after buying black I didn't know it was that bad to keep clean...yes getting it painted would've been great, but as you know I don't have a house, and I'm return I still live at home! And a good paint job would've cost 3-5 grand, and my mom and pops said I couldn't invest anymore money into the car until I bought a house. So I figured I could trade straight up and not be out any money or spend anymore money. That's the reason for trying to trade, but keeping making assumptions about shit that you don't know anything about, just like myself.

awful knawful

Established Member
will wait for compression check and final inspection before deciding if OP is 100% DICK. over 1/2 way there now.

10splaya22

Established Member
You have no idea about anything about me, think whatever you like tho.

Again you also have assumptions on here...there is no problem with the car, the reason I wanted another color was Because I would've liked to always have a terminator around, being that theyre my favorite car and one I can afford, but after buying black I didn't know it was that bad to keep clean...yes getting it painted would've been great, but as you know I don't have a house, and I'm return I still live at home! And a good paint job would've cost 3-5 grand, and my mom and pops said I couldn't invest anymore money into the car until I bought a house. So I figured I could trade straight up and not be out any money or spend anymore money. That's the reason for trying to trade, but keeping making assumptions about shit that you don't know anything about, just like myself.

You live with your parents? Lol... How old are you?

cclark

Established Member
Over half way there?? Come on man, I haven't done anything wrong.

And yes I still live with them, it's enabling me to save a lot for a huge down payment on a house. I just turned 24.

TRBO VNM

I would never swap my built car for the same thing. I have worked hard to get it right and tight... swapping into something else is just inheriting someone else's shortcuts and problems. The only way another car's unknown issues becomes attractive, I suppose, is if the known issues in your own car are worth leaving behind. Maybe there's an easier explanation that I am missing. Buy a house or swap Cobras doesn't add up.

Actually, I can understand if the guy wanted to do this. I had a CO and had an unfortunate accident at the track because of coolant from a previous racer that the officials didn't see. I wanted back into a terminator and a silver one popped up with all the mods that I wanted, but I HATE silver. I bought it anyway, finished the build that the guy had started. I tried changing different things like the wheels and stuff in hopes that the silver would grow on me, but it didn't. So I sold the car and then bought a basically stock CO again and started building that. Maybe I spent more money than just a paint job, but it's what I wanted to do.

In the end, I actually did understand why you posted what you did, and that's why I added later on that I would have my mechanic come over and do it on the spot. I just wish you wouldve pm'd me instead of bumping my thread which in turn made all this mess and back and forth bickering and stuff.

understand :beer:

awful knawful

Established Member
Mommy and Daddy said you couldn't spend anymore $ on your car? Or they said " if you can afford to paint the car you can afford to give us rent"?

Users who are viewing this thread