Fastest bolt on 2012 manual 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbt

Banned
I guess you're disputing the 10 sec timeslip then, because surely you can't be disputing how his car performs. He does have a timeslip that shows 11.01, but not not 10.96. So you're all up in arms over .05?

You need to go back and re-read....

97snakebite

Established Member
Shaun@AED hit 10s last outting

Ps I just saw his posts lol

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
You need to go back and re-read....

what faztcobra is saying that this entire shit storm came up over the .05. Nothing was ever mentioned or debated on weight or any other of claims before then, and you and kdanner were the ones to bring that up. There has been proof of the 11.0x run, so to me, picking up .05 isnt out of the question to me, especially with someone who is constantly tweaking their tune for the better. He did post a thread talking about that run and his others of the night and why there were no time slips. Your weight argument is over approximaiton of 90lbs between 2 forums, I see your point, but its childish petty shit to ride someone and seemingly attack them. He clearly must know a little something about these cars to have them running like he does, and have so many satisfied customers. And so what about STD numbers, it does keep the dyno queen type happy, but im willing to bet that the majority of 5.0 tunes that are written from shaun are remote tunes. Then its up to the owner to decide whether they want to put it on a dyno for std or sae numbers or just use the satisfactory butt-o-meter and track times. Just give it a rest, put him on ignore or just dont read his posts if you are that sensitive about it all.

All 3 of you (wbt, kdanner, shaun) have all provided info to the mustang world, just leave it at that and quit cluttering threads that are meant to serve a purpose with all of this bitching like a bunch spoiled 8 year old girls. This thread was supposed to get and answer or idea of the fastest bolt on 5.0, now its half a page of that and 3.5 of bitching, pissing, and moaning. ****!

kdanner

Banned
This thread was supposed to get and answer or idea of the fastest bolt on 5.0, now its half a page of that and 3.5 of bitching, pissing, and moaning. ****!

Actually, it was supposed to be about the fastest FULL WEIGHT bolt on 5.0.

Then these guys came in, and tried to hold up a car with a bunch of weight reduction as the example instead:
[So they got called out. It really is that simple.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
The way I see it is if you "claim" to have run a 10.96 and don't have proof then be prepared to be called out, period. WBT claims to have run a 11.00 and guess what? He's got the video to prove it.

Shaun@AED

Then these guys came in, and tried to hold up a car with a bunch of weight reduction as the example instead:
So they got called out. It really is that simple.

Actually, your boy WBT was the first to post JJ and the rest of the list....all of whom are NOT full weight.

All bitching and moaning aside, I'll meet you guys half way for a grudge match, although I do think Sema/Vegas would draw the biggest crowd/support.

Shaun@AED

The way I see it is if you "claim" to have run a 10.96 and don't have proof then be prepared to be called out, period. WBT claims to have run a 11.00 and guess what? He's got the video to prove it.

If you read my first post in the link below you will see I state "Doesn't count. No time slip, no video, no proof.
Gotta go back and do it again."

Congrats to 93Pony On His New Best!!! - Northern California Ford Owners

One of the guys that saw the run started the thread. I was not going to post up a thread about the run due to not having 'proof' aside from witnesses, however the car DID run 10.96 and I WILL be back out to do it again!

faztcobra

Established Member

Then these guys came in, and tried to hold up a car with a bunch of weight reduction as the example instead.

So they got called out. It really is that simple.
Actually, it was supposed to be about full weight AND full bolt-on car. Maybe someone's pissed and or jealous that Shaun still has STOCK headers, no Boss intake, factory cold air, etc. (not a full bolt-on car).

wbt

Banned
Actually, your boy WBT was the first to post JJ and the rest of the list....all of whom are NOT full weight.

All bitching and moaning aside, I'll meet you guys half way for a grudge match, although I do think Sema/Vegas would draw the biggest crowd/support.

Right with the disclaimer that they ALL had weight reduction.

However, you posted a time without any data to back it up with. :shrug:

wbt

Banned
Actually, it was supposed to be about full weight AND full bolt-on car. Maybe someone's pissed and or jealous that Shaun still has STOCK headers, no Boss intake, factory cold air, etc. (not a full bolt-on car).

If you reviewed anything he posts instead of nutswigning....

1. The dyno graph he posted with the Boss intake doesn't show the gains needed to swap over from his stock ported intake.
2. No aftermarket CAI is as good as the stock airbox except on the dyno.
3. Aftermarket headers are more of a PITA and don't really offer any gains.

So following this line of reasoning, none of those mods would gain him anything so why would he add those to his car?

Why would anyone be jealous or pissed about that? Based on that logic both kdanner and I have wasted money. What mods does the quickest/fastest stock long block Coyote in the country have again?

Adding perspective here.....

What everyone likes to overlook here are the air conditions each car has been run in. Hint - It was posted in this thread. Those of us who take their cars to the track know how much that impacts the car. You think he will run low 11's/10's in 1,400' DA where he is running those times at damn near sea level conditions?

This is not a vs. conversation here as mentioned 5 times but folks like yourself want to turn it into one.

kdanner

Banned
Maybe someone's pissed and or jealous that

Jeaulous? Really? Did you really just say that?

You think I'm jealous of a guy who is in the tuning business, running a lighter weight car, in 50' air, and still can't produce a timeslip or video of the car running what is claimed? When I'm dealing with a friend's car that has only been worked on in my home shop or his own driveway, has never been on a dyno, and actually has the timeslips and video showing it running 11.00 in 1400' air, and I am not in the tuning business or any other auto related business whatsoever? Or it is that I would never make an outrageous claim like removing windshield wipers to save 15 pounds but then go on and claim that I always race with a full tank of fuel? Wow, just wow. Some people have a twisted view of reality.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm not mad at him, never have been. Not teaming up with anyone, I am not in any kind of automotive business.

When someone, anyone, claims to run a particular ET, but has no timeslip and no video, and even has video of other passes the same day, you don't expect them to be called out for it?

When they claim a manual trans car is heavier than an automatic that even has a roll bar in it, you don't expect them to be called out for it?

When they change the story about how much their car weighs, and now it weighs more even though it had further weight reduction done, you don't expect them to be called out for it?

You don't find it to be a ridiculous story that someone who will go to the trouble of removing windshield wipers/washers to save 15 pounds will then claim that they always race with a full tank of fuel?

All of the above reeks of exaggeration/dishonesty. And it isn't needed, he gets good results out of his car anyway. Just tell it like it really is.

Well i understand where your comming from, but Ive personally seen shauns car an even ran heads up with him a few times at the track. We run with full tanks of E85 cause we drive them to the track an race them an drive home. E85 burns a lot more than gas so we do it to make sure we can make it home. Shaun has no reason to lie about anything.

wbt

Banned
That's what gas cans/jugs are for. They fit in the trunk without a spare. ;)

SVTPete83

Established Member
That's what gas cans/jugs are for. They fit in the trunk without a spare. ;)

Uh... I would never have gas cans in my trunk driving around when I could just have it in my tank. Besides. I always have 1/2 tank minimum when I am at the strip. I would never want a stupid reason to run out of fuel on a run. I have seen a few cars on this sight racing with under an 1/8th of a tank and lost there motors on a shift due to lack of gas.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Wow this thread took a dump.

And yeah. This thread went down hill when the two haters came in. It's ok. We are getting used to it. Whenever someone asks about tuning it usually happens. I guess they are expanding.

01bluesnake

Established Member
This thread really did take a dump.

Reason #1 , a car was brought into fastest bolt on full weight car when it is not full, or close to full weight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread