Fastest bolt on 2012 manual 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcobra

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone would know what the time would be for the fastest 2012 full weight, full bolt on, manual 5.0 would be.

r.barn

Established Member
Lethal is running low 10's with a Whipple. I'm sure someone has busted the 9 sec mark.
For N/A they are running low 11's to high 10's with a good driver and perfect traction

Last edited:

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
What do you consider bolt ons? Supercharger on untouched engine internals? If so then 9's

wbt

Banned
You can find the most up2date list over at modularfords.com under the 2011-213 sub forum. Quick snippet:

Bolt-on, N/A 2011+ 5.0

10 sec.
No. Member Modifications 1/4 Mile@MPH 60' Trans. Details
1 JJ@WMS CAI, LT, Exhaust, Tune, Gears, Boss, Skinnies, Slicks, W/R, Suspension, D/S [email protected] 1.48 M6 Mustang Forums and Ford Performance Forums at ModularFords

11 sec.
No. Member Modifications 1/4 Mile@MPH 60' Trans. Details
1 wbt CAI, LT, Exhaust, Tune, Boss, Gears, Converter, DR's, Skinnies, W/R, Suspension, D/S [email protected] 1.55 A6 Mustang Forums and Ford Performance Forums at ModularFords
2 93pony [email protected] 1.56 M6
3 er306 [email protected] 1.58 A6
4 kdanner [email protected] 1.58 A6

These are not full weight cars BTW. When the mention of bolt-on's is discussed, that means NO power adders. Strictly N/A, stock long block cars.

Shaun@AED

I ran 10.96 with the stock CAI, intake manifold, and stock headers.

Waiting for the Fall to go faster.....

Bud

Established Member
I'm telling you guys, need a west coast shootout or somewhere in between. Pick a date/track in nice cool temps to meet up. I need an excuse for a vacation, would be fun to go watch.

D.T.R

Established Member
that's ... nothing IMO... not a whole lot of weight reduced...

wbt

Banned
if memory serves he's got...

Race seats
rear seat delete
lightened brakes and rotors
Minor tubular suspension parts
o/r pipe

for weight reduction

that's ... nothing IMO... not a whole lot of weight reduced...

He mentioned something like ~3,500lbs. race weight. That includes driver and fuel. You don't get there without removing quite a bit from the car such as windshield wiper motor, reservoir, seats, etc...

I wouldn't take everything at face value.

Here is a run on the same day he supposedly ran the 10.96:
AED Shaun - YouTube

We have video of that run but not of the 10.96? :dw:

I harp on this because I know if someone like myself were to post on a forum I ran such and such time without proof, they would be criticized and chastised. Bit of a double standard going on. Everyone should be judged based on the same conditions.

ViciousJay

Established Member
He mentioned something like ~3,500lbs. race weight. That includes driver and fuel. You don't get there without removing quite a bit from the car such as windshield wiper motor, reservoir, seats, etc...

I wouldn't take everything at face value.

Here is a run on the same day he supposedly ran the 10.96:
AED Shaun - YouTube

We have video of that run but not of the 10.96? :dw:

I harp on this because I know if someone like myself were to post on a forum I ran such and such time without proof, they would be criticized and chastised. Bit of a double standard going on. Everyone should be judged based on the same conditions.

maybe he went and took a dump and it gave him the .01 to net that 10.96 :lol1: :shrug:, plus he didnt even post it at the local forum in cali, someone else did. Also you know as well as i do that he was on the cusp and really all he needed was a little bit cooler temps to whack that time out which is what happened. I TOTALLY BELIEVE SHAUN AND IM SURE HE WILL SQUASH THAT TIME NEXT TIME OUT

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
maybe he went and took a dump and it gave him the .01 to net that 10.96 :lol1: :shrug:, plus he didnt even post it at the local forum in cali, someone else did. Also you know as well as i do that he was on the cusp and really all he needed was a little bit cooler temps to whack that time out which is what happened. I TOTALLY BELIEVE SHAUN AND IM SURE HE WILL SQUASH THAT TIME NEXT TIME OUT

No question I think the car will do it especially at near sea level conditions.

Remember he was the one who posted his 10.96 time in this thread and multiple others here. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread