Fastest 20inch wheel and street tire Shelby?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Jimmy Larocca has been filling me in from E town all day Mds370 (Marlon) went 10.69 @ 132 so a new best ET for him on 20's ...Jimmy said he will be piloting it shortly though.

paluka21

Established Member
One thing I do know, Jimmy Larocca has been tuning for them, and cars have been coming out of there with 40-50 whp more then other peoples combos with the same parts.

They are definitely an up and coming shop in the mustang world.

They are a good bunch of guys too. Honest, fair prices, good work and willing to explain and chat about everything they do for you.

If anyone needs help, call Don-- Their office manager for an appt, or if hes there Brandon is the owner.

I highly recommend them.

They just did my rear gears for me and they came out perfect, no noise, no problems.

Are you referring to this shop? http://krazyhousecustoms.com/
Didn't know Larocca was tuning again, except for his buddies or personal use. If he does anything for the public, I would definitely drive to NJ -again- to have him tune another one of my cars.

paluka21

Established Member
I'll be going 9.xx with my 20s, I'll just put that out here, its my goal and it'll get done with the TVS and mods I have, even if I have to go East for a mineshaft DA this fall ;-)
-J

I hope you do make it sooner rather than later. Cecil County in Rising Sun Md is known for being a good track at near sea level.
Looking forward to hearing what all you've done to the car and how it performs for you.

mds370

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of bolt-ons did you have for a 10.7 @133 run?

L & M 72mm throttle body
123 Whipple CAI
170 T stat
3.73 gears
315/35/20 NItto NT05R drag radials
Tune

I just got back from a track rental and went 10.69@133 with the addition of a UPR offroad x-pipe. The 80+ degree temps didn't help.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
L & M 72mm throttle body
123 Whipple CAI
170 T stat
3.73 gears
315/35/20 NItto NT05R drag radials
Tune

I just got back from a track rental and went 10.69@133 with the addition of a UPR offroad x-pipe. The 80+ degree temps didn't help.
Nice job Marlon, I'm sure that will turn sub-50s in better weather!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope you do make it sooner rather than later. Cecil County in Rising Sun Md is known for being a good track at near sea level.
Looking forward to hearing what all you've done to the car and how it performs for you.

Thanks man, I'll def. keep you guys posted, can't wait to get it there.
-J

BlownMystic1

Established Member
I am wanting to run 9's on 20" drag radials as well, but I'm not sure it can be done without a built motor. Looking back at BIRDOC's car. He ran 9.7-9.8's with slicks and 811 RWHP. (Not even factoring in his weight reduction efforts) I would think it's going to take a minimum of 860-875 RWHP to get there on a radial on a full weight car. (Stock wheels, brakes, interior, etc)

I guess we will see. I am putting everything in place to try to do it this fall.

Parts arriving daily...

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I think a 9.99 is possible with minimal weight removed, and about 820 rwhp - assuming a 1.5X sixty foot time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
True but I think with good tuning you can do it without a built bottom end, although yes, it will be on borrowed time at that level.
I'm really thinking the clutch will be my Achilles heel. I'm going to push it as far as possible and see what happens.
Next step for me is cams and rods over winter, clutch will go in then.
-J

BlownMystic1

Established Member
True but I think with good tuning you can do it without a built bottom end, although yes, it will be on borrowed time at that level.
I'm really thinking the clutch will be my Achilles heel. I'm going to push it as far as possible and see what happens.
Next step for me is cams and rods over winter, clutch will go in then.
-J

Yes, the clutch is the last piece of the puzzle for me as well. I believe I have everything else I need. I even have a spare 5.8 Aluminum Block in case I put custom oil vents in mine.

BlownMystic1

Established Member
Like, not gutting the car.

So, minimal weight removed would be like basically having a stock car, but removing trunk materials, possibly seats, etc.

Kinda like, track bashing to get best ET's type of deal.

Gotcha, Thats the same thought that I have. The car is too nice to rip everything out of it.

RedNightmare06

Established Member
9.99 is definitely possible without a built motor, the Krazy house car now is knocking on the door now for a 9.99 . I am pretty sure you will see a 9.99 out of that car on the 20 real soon.
10.17 at 142 at full weight with a 1.67 sixty foot(stock motor etc, still has the electric shocks in the car too). . The car has gone 1.58 sixty best . I would be very surprised if they don't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread