Fastest 20inch wheel and street tire Shelby?

BlownMystic1

Established Member
Good info. I was thinking that i read that Lund was driving the car that went 10.17 in Maryland? But, this thread suggested that Jim Larocca was tuning it? Any clarification to this?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, I have a drag car, this will stay comfortable.
I just ordered some lighter 18s, but the reason for the goal of 9s on 20s is I want to say it will go 9s exactly how I drive it on the street.
I may do the lighter rad support and maybe pull the front sway bar, but no other real weight loss for the track for me.
-J

RedNightmare06

Established Member
Good info. I was thinking that i read that Lund was driving the car that went 10.17 in Maryland? But, this thread suggested that Jim Larocca was tuning it? Any clarification to this?

Definitely Krazy house customs car that went 10.17 and yes it was definitely Jim LaRocca.(tuned and driven by) I know this for a fact since I work at Krazy house and Jim is my father.

Here it is at Mir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dWTDlikok

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

John and his son helped me with my car at NMRA Norwalk, so both he and the Krazy House car are close on street tires.
I'm starting a thread on that, but he told me his son ran his car to 10.21@140 (on AM replica 19s with MT 305) and my car hit the same load values while we datalogged before I had a coolant fitting let loose.
So that made me pretty confident as I think I have a stronger driver mod :)
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely Krazy house customs car that went 10.17 and yes it was definitely Jim LaRocca.(tuned and driven by) I know this for a fact since I work at Krazy house and Jim is my father.

Here it is at Mir

Loved talking with your dad on the phone last week, great guy went out of his way to help.
Please keep us updated on your progress!
-J

RedNightmare06

Established Member
John and his son helped me with my car at NMRA Norwalk, so both he and the Krazy House car are close on street tires.
I'm starting a thread on that, but he told me his son ran his car to 10.21@140 (on AM replica 19s with MT 305)
-J

Very true .
John was running e85 and ran 139 not 140 (close to 140 but not 140) and I believe it was a 10.26 not a 10.21
Krazy house was running pump gas 93 with 50 percent fuse 110 mix.
John also removed the seats and a few other items to run that number.

Last edited:

RedNightmare06

Established Member
Loved talking with your dad on the phone last week, great guy went out of his way to help.
Please keep us updated on your progress!
-J

Will do, I am hoping my Boss Brandon frees up some time soon to get the car back out. I do know they made a few changes(small ones) but they think enough to get it over that hump.....

mds370

Established Member
Nice job Marlon, I'm sure that will turn sub-50s in better weather!
-J

Thanks J.

I am still trying to see how fast I can go without a pulley change. I am also confident that 10.5s are possible once the weather cools back down.

Looking forward to seeing what your car does once you get that cooler fitting fixed . I don't see myself shooting for 9.99 on a 20 inch wheel but applaud those who are going for it.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member

Here it is at Mir

Very cool seeing you and your dad out at NMRA MIR back in May with the Shelby. Your dad helped me out a lot years ago with my 99 4V and tuning etc. Very cool to see you guys still going at it!

As for running the first 9 on 20s, my money is on Jim, there's no comparison in the driving department, that's for sure.

carguy19

Established Member

Here it is at Mir

Jimmy Jr!!

Its Carl w the grabber blue 2014 GT500.

How did you guys do at the track Friday?

I have to call Don or you to set up a tune w your pops.

carguy19

Established Member
L & M 72mm throttle body
123 Whipple CAI
170 T stat
3.73 gears
315/35/20 NItto NT05R drag radials
Tune

I just got back from a track rental and went 10.69@133 with the addition of a UPR offroad x-pipe. The 80+ degree temps didn't help.

MDS, your car went 10.69 with no lower or upper pulley??

IF thats true thats some insane numbers/ET & MPH there. Congrats.

carguy19

Established Member
9.99 is definitely possible without a built motor, the Krazy house car now is knocking on the door now for a 9.99 . I am pretty sure you will see a 9.99 out of that car on the 20 real soon.
10.17 at 142 at full weight with a 1.67 sixty foot(stock motor etc, still has the electric shocks in the car too). . The car has gone 1.58 sixty best . I would be very surprised if they don't do it.

I think that with a few more parts and your dad tweaking things that car will break the 10.0 barrier soon. (did Brandon ever do the control arms in the car? He said he was going to do them last time I spoke with him) That may get you guys another .3-.4 and a better 60 foot.

RedNightmare06

Established Member
Are you referring to this shop? http://krazyhousecustoms.com/
Didn't know Larocca was tuning again, except for his buddies or personal use. If he does anything for the public, I would definitely drive to NJ -again- to have him tune another one of my cars.

He really doesn't You are correct about will only do for personal and buddies. Once in awhile he will help out . He does help Brandon at Krazy house but Brandon does most of his own tuning there.

mds370

Established Member
MDS, your car went 10.69 with no lower or upper pulley??

IF thats true thats some insane numbers/ET & MPH there. Congrats.

That's correct. No upper or lower pulley.

Thanks, I couldn't be happier with the way my car is performing.

Njtony

Established Member
Thinking nines are possible at the right track with good temps. My car with tb, intake, upper pulley and mid pipe went 10.5 at atco on a 70 degree day on 18 inch dr's. This was with the car just off the highway with no cool down. Add some gears and a lot cooler day and who knows how close it would come.

paluka21

Established Member
L & M 72mm throttle body
123 Whipple CAI
170 T stat
3.73 gears
315/35/20 NItto NT05R drag radials
Tune

I just got back from a track rental and went 10.69@133 with the addition of a UPR offroad x-pipe. The 80+ degree temps didn't help.

I think a lot can be said about the tune in your car. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread