Fast Specialities Dyno TUNING day Aug 6, 05

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Alright, I talked to HP last night and they said my kit shipped on the 20th and is scheduled to arrive today. If that is so, then I will be busting my butt trying to get everything back together for the dyno. I am thinking I should be able to make it.
I am of course keeping my fingers crossed that the kit is complete, with all the parts. I will let you know how everything looks tonight.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Let us know, take some pics...and get the job done.......You should see if Cweil is around to help out, since he has done it...just for some insight

Rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
Well the saleen is running rich for sure under WOT. The Pulley Was suppossed to solve the problem but it wont go on correctly. It ate up the belt because it does not line up with the other Pulleys. It needs to be re Machined so that it sits closer to the Supercharger, so that it lines up with all the other pulleys. SO for now were running the stock pulley on a rich WOT tune. Ill talk to my dad and uncle TODAY for yah rick.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
No joey, your in or out....I need for sure people due to the amount of money and distance involved........let me know

rick

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Anyone spending the night in the Portland/Vancouver area. I plan on bringing my wife and making it a weekend.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
As long as I get my tubing in and my car starts back up, I am in for sure. Still no tubing as of last night. I took off work tomorrow so hopeful the tubing gets in tonight. I glanced over the instructions and it doesn't look too bad. Just a matter of putting in the hours.

C Weil

Established Member
Haha, of course he was! It just doesn't work any other way. Hopefully he gets them soon- I waited almost 4 weeks for the tubing. That was a year ago, though.

Rick, I doubt I'll make it. Car is running and tuneable, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to a MoTeC system, which will delay things a bit. We'll see, though! (ie, I'm OUT, but I'll show up to watch if I can.)

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Well, techically I am not "missing" anything that I know of (I need to go through the checklist still). They ship the kit in two parts - all the tubing gets sent out to get the Jet Hot coating and then comes to me. The turbos, wastegates, filters and intercooler came straight to me.
They said the tubing was shipping out to Jet Hot a couple weeks ago - if that was accurate, I think they should be arriving any day now. That could be very optimistic though. I may call HP and get them to check in with Jet Hot to make sure.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I would call and have them check on the jet hot coating.

I see how it is Cweil, you never want to show up.....pfffft

Tru_Ice

Banned
RickSvt said:
That just means he is gay...lol

I think your on to something there. No wonder it's BULL - TACO, BULL is known as the male term of cows. Taco, well the obvious. I wonder if it hangs out w/ that guy that died from playing w/ that horse. :uh oh:

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Hey, I heard about the horse guy! A brothel for humans who are into animals - that is just too much. Wasn't that in Auburn?
HP called me before I had a chance to call them. They gave me the tracking # for the tubing. It is coming Fedex ground from Jet hot. It is schedueled to get here on the 1st. I am assuming I can get her together during that week, so count me in for dyno tuning!
Please keep in mind, I am assuming I get all the necessary parts. and you know what assuming can do...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread