Fast Specialities Dyno TUNING day Aug 6, 05

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Alright, so whos in. I can schedule 6-8 Cars for dyno tuning. I got a killer deal going right now. They tune SCT chips and programmers, Accel DFI. You can contact them to make sure they can tune with your tuner if you have something different. I know they DONT do Diablo. 8 CARS MAX for tuning. So first 8 on the list get in for sure, if you arent the first 8 and you still want on the list just in case, thats all good, it all depends on their time. I have a 12 hour day reserved with them now. So if all cars take 1 hour, well that leaves an opening for 4 more cars for tuning.

After the tuning session is done, there will be a dyno event if there is time. Rates for the dyno event are 45 for 2 pulls with AF.

Dyno Tuning rates are normally 150 per hour. Special for the SVTP is 100 per hour, THATS A GREAT deal. Due to the cost, you have to know if you can go for sure or not. They have tuned tons of lightnings and cobras, so lets see what they can do for us. They use a Mustang dyno, which is what you want for tuning cause it actually puts a load on the car, real conditions.

If you need a XCAL 2, please email me at [email protected] for the price on it, you wont be dissapointed.

You will need a bung welded in place for this as well. If you need one done, call Amber at FAST and see if they can do it when you get down there..

They are located in Vancouver, WA F>A>S>T

More info about dyno tuning can be found H E R E

For the people who are on the list, I need you to fill out a questionaire about your mods. Please email me asking for questionaire if you are on the list.

1- Oxford Snake - Dave
2- Chuckyssvt - Chuck
3- Shropper - Brent
4- 03CONVTORCH - Scott
5- Mean Saleen - Big Joe
6- 94 5.0 Cobra - Travis
7-
8-

Last edited:

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Thanks for the Email Rick.

I am still in Italy till the end of Aug............

I will spread the word..........

Made a stickie post at Stangnet for you...........

Last edited:

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
I would be in. That would be perfect because I should have my car back together by then (turbos should be in next week). However, I am going to be away on business. Let me know if they are good though because I am still in the air on who I want to tune it.

Joe5.0

Established Member
01Saleen said:
I would be in. That would be perfect because I should have my car back together by then (turbos should be in next week). However, I am going to be away on business. Let me know if they are good though because I am still in the air on who I want to tune it.

Long time long see there Buddy. Glad to know you went with the Turbo(s) thats awesome. I wanna see this thing on the dyno! :cuss:

C Weil

Established Member
I might make it. I'm starting the car today- already have it in, installed, and finished, just need to crank until I get oil pressure then start it up. I've just been dealing with selling a lot of stuff on ebay to pay for the 2nd turbo setup, so I've been pretty busy. I'll post a quick picture up later if I can.

I'll probably be able to make it...I might be in England that week though, meeting with some F1 engineers/recruiters. Don't put me on the list yet, but if I can I'll take up any extra spot, if any. The car will certainly be driving by then.

FWIW, Fast Specialties is supposed to be great. That's where I would/will take my car if I switch to standalone. Good guys.

Thanks for setting it all up!

C Weil

Established Member
Yeah yeah yeah, I'm getting nearer to the point of ordering a MoTeC. The PATS system just kicked in on me while I was cranking the new engine over to get oil pressure before I started it up. Now, I'll have to borrow a PATS disable module to make it stop before I can do anything with the car. Thanks, Ford, thanks!

Hhhhmmmm. I'll let you know what goes on!

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Rick please post this at Stangnet and I will make the post a stickie.

I had to delete my post due to complaints, some people are never happy............

Cavallo

C Weil

Established Member
Rick, that means I need to get another chip to do it, which is expensive. I may HAVE to go that route, though, but I was trying to avoid it. I'm not using chips for tuning, so I'm trying to keep other unnecessary expenses down, because I still have quite a few left to go.

Regardless, I'll probably head down and check out everyones cars and the facilities. Should be pretty cool!

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Hey, work just pushed back my trip to Virginia today, so I will be around. It is just a matter of when I get my kit next week, and how fast I can throw everything together. I will keep you posted. How late do you need to know by?
CW-did you end up building your own TT system?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
C Weil, why dont you get the SCT Pro Racer package so you can change things whenever you want?

Hope to see you all soon

Rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
01Saleen said:
Hey, work just pushed back my trip to Virginia today, so I will be around. It is just a matter of when I get my kit next week, and how fast I can throw everything together. I will keep you posted. How late do you need to know by?
CW-did you end up building your own TT system?

Sweet hope to see you down there.

Rick im in with the 5.0 Probly just to watch. Havent talked to Mean Saleen Sr yet.

C Weil

Established Member
01Saleen, nono, I'm the first in line to get the Induction Concepts kit. I'll be the first he doesn't install. Should be here in August, so I'm running the new engine N/A for the moment. I'd prefer to break the new engine in N/A rather than with the turbos where, if there are problems, there are a lot more possible contributing factors involved.

I just sold my HP kit, too. And the old blower...and wasted the cash on some absolutely rediculous brakes in return. Oh well. More on them later.

Rick, I already have a PMS, so if I decided to buy another tuner setup, I would honestly just buy a MoTeC. Twice the cost, but I'd be way happier. I wish I had done that from the outset. I still may, if the PMS doesn't work out. In this case, I actually fixed the problem, so it's no big deal now.

I also started the car up. This time, it idled nicely (well, as nice as big cams do) AND by itself, sounded much happier, and even ran cool. Then, of course, it started puking water from somewhere, and made some rattley noises, but as soon as I fix those and change/send out the oil for analysis, it should be all ready to go...assuming the oil is fine. Knock on wood.

I'm going to go change it now.

It definitely sounds awesome!

I should be down there for the dyno day, if nothing else just to watch and meet you guys.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
Induction concepts is the one that mounts the turbos right behind the radiator? It is still a twin set-up right?
Yeah, hopefully I can get everything in and together for tuning. If not though, my twin brother lives down there, so I will come out to check it out anyway - even if the car is down.
I am dreading calling HP back too. They said they were shipping last Tuesday, but with their reputation, there is a very good chance it may not have even shipped yet. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I am calling them again on Monday to see what is up.

C Weil

Established Member
Yeah yeah yeah Rick, wah wah wah, it'll be running soon enough! Believe me, *I* want to be done more so than anyone else!!

01Saleen, when you call up HP, make sure you say "I was wondering what the status of the order is" or something similiar, not "has this order shipped yet?". If you ask the latter question, they'll say yes. Just don't use the word "shipping" or "shipped" so you'll get a straight answer. Of course, they may lie anyway- they did to me a couple times.

Yeah, the IC kit mounts up top, twins. Also not the best spot, but IMO better than HP. Neither are Incon, but I couldn't find one of their kits!

Users who are viewing this thread