Family friendly place to stay....

Leeiswho2b

I'll be your huckleberry!
Established Member
I'm going to go to MW 11' and am looking to make some reservations. Will be my first this year of many more to come. I'm looking for a decent place to stay with the wifey and my two boys (11, 6). I just need some opinions from others that are familiar with the hotels. Wanting somewhere that is beachfront, family friendly, close to all the events, and that's not gonna break the wallet! I'm hoping to stay around $1k for a room from the 18th to the 24th. Appreciate any help!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Prices all seemed to have gone up this year. I spent over 1200 last lear just for me and the wifey for waterfront. Might be a stretch to find something in the 1k range that isn't a dump. Good luck

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
The attachement below is list of motels that we have talked to about offering a discount. We can't guarantee anything about any of the motels, we just wanted folks to have a list to start from when looking for a place to stay.
[ame=http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2759]2011 Hotel List - Mustang Week Forums[/ame]

If $1000 is all you have to spend on accomodations, then you need to call Holiday Sands South (on the beach). If you tell them you are a MW participant you get 25% more than 5 nights. You can get a room in their "hotel" building (not the newest, but okay for the $) for around $1000 for those dates. That's a side-view room with two double beds and love seat with a pull-out, and a small kitchenette. Plus, HSS will be running over with MW folks. Very family friendly. You can use all of the HSS's pools, lazy river, etc.

Out of the 4 MW Staff members, two of us stay at HSS for the week. My daughter and I will be in the HSS "hotel" again this year because I'm saving $ since I have to have my car painted this Spring. We stayed in the "hotel" two years ago and the condos last year. The newer condos are way nicer, but I need to save some cash this year. I'd say HSS is middle-of-the-road when compared to others, but a good value and very MW friendly. Better call quick because it will be full before Spring gets here.

My suggestion is this, if it is your first time at MW (and possibly in MB), spend some time on sites like Priceline, etc. and see what kind of deals come up when those dates are entered. Before you commit to a place, go on our forums (Mustang Week) and ask if anyone has stayed there. Remember, the MB area is 60 miles of continuous beach with motels/hotels along it. You are sure to find something that will fit your budget. Oh yeah, If your kids are young, I'd stay away from the downtown MB (strip) area. Very hard to get in/out of during the evening and night.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
The San-A-bel. nice clean rooms. Two bedroom with full balcony for 7 days last mustang week cost us $1100. we stay there every year. located in north myrtle about 10 minutes from the show.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The San-A-bel. nice clean rooms. Two bedroom with full balcony for 7 days last mustang week cost us $1100. we stay there every year. located in north myrtle about 10 minutes from the show.

Off the strip I assume? I stayed at the Hampton Inn oceanfront and the covered garage was the best.

getTwisted

Established Member
Off the strip I assume? I stayed at the Hampton Inn oceanfront and the covered garage was the best.

well,it is off the north myrtle strip, its not as busy as the myrtle beach strip. ocean front though, with covered parking deck.

Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Long Bay Resort is very nice and we are going to stay there this year. My family along with my wifes. Wed-Sun is about $1200 but that is for a 3 bedroom with full kitchen and den.
Check them out, very family friendly

getTwisted

Established Member
Hmmm ill have to look into that man thanks. Sorry to thread jack.

also we were staying in the penthouse suite at the very top for the $1100 price. I just found out that they had a small increase in there prices this year, like most places.

the parking deck is very easy to get in and out of, my car and my buddies car are both lowered and we don't scrape any, however i would assume that anything much lower would scrape. I know how a lot of parking decks at the beach just aren't made for lowered cars.

here is a link:

Myrtle Beach SC North Myrtle Beach South Carolina Vacations Rentals Homes Houses Condos Resorts Golf Courses Golf Packages

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
also we were staying in the penthouse suite at the very top for the $1100 price. I just found out that they had a small increase in there prices this year, like most places.

the parking deck is very easy to get in and out of, my car and my buddies car are both lowered and we don't scrape any, however i would assume that anything much lower would scrape. I know how a lot of parking decks at the beach just aren't made for lowered cars.

here is a link:

Myrtle Beach SC North Myrtle Beach South Carolina Vacations Rentals Homes Houses Condos Resorts Golf Courses Golf Packages

Minium age is 25. O well. Ill be 24 by then

Users who are viewing this thread