F1A-R or possibly the 4.0 Whipple on Terminator??? Info needed please!

Stroked03Cobra

SVT Crazy!
Established Member
STICK TO THE POST AT HAND BUTT PLUG! OH, NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS! :pop:

I know where a nice 2.8 KB is that would fit your vert!... you friggin nut case, i thought you where some jerk untill ruthless told me who u were... New setup, Twin Turbo with twin 62's custom setup done by HOPES AND DREAMS!!!!

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
I know where a nice 2.8 KB is that would fit your vert!... you friggin nut case, i thought you where some jerk untill ruthless told me who u were... New setup, Twin Turbo with twin 62's custom setup done by HOPES AND DREAMS!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ;-):poke: Not for me, I got fast both ways. 4 wheels and two. When you guys are done with HP wars, you still wont be able to run with me on the roads. I watch you two blow the tires off and I'll be up ahead ordering lunch for you guys when you catch up. Well maybe Ryan can since he has road racing tires on. ;-)

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
and to everyone with negative comments seriously need to leave. I asked a question and this happens... I even asked in the beginning to leave negative comments out, i guess some cant read... anyways I know the 4.0 isnt really out yet and as far as procharger, yes that sound is sweet and I wanted to see what people think of them who ACTUALLY RUN THAT KIT!!!! Thank you for the ones who have helped and given me information. And yes me and Ruthless are friends that live close to one another and is about the only guy on here that knows my car. BTW it is at the shop now and will have a dyno pull done and the fuel system will not be a concern since ill have the behind bars race cars fuel system for spring. If she isnt making 705 rwhp it is extremely close. I have the dyno from SGS and they did confirm it before I bought the car. O and yes, OMG I bought this car built, I did not do anything to it other than cosmetics and I am on a budget since I am 22 years old and have a huge car payment to afford this car. Seriously guys, stick with the question or dont leave a comment... I bet if I was to sell this car I would be asking waayyyy too much for it just like in the market section guys do all the time... So like iv said before, I know turbo is best.. I UNDERSTAND that and I know how much a GOOD kit costs and I cant do that right now. So I wanted to see what else is out there that i might be able to make more power with... thank!

Hate to be the Debbie downer but a tight budget, making a huge car payment to afford the car and hopes of 700+rwhp=broken engine because you had to cut corners, making a huge car payment on a car that doesn't move. Seriously having a high horsepower car is VERY expensive. There is up keep and maintenence that needs to be performed regularly with a car making that kind of power. Remember, just because an engine is forged doesn't mean its indestructable. You could get one of those engines "rated to 100rwhp" but how long does an engine making 1000rwhp last? 15k miles? 20k? Its alot of stress to put on an engine, no matter how good the components are they will wear fast. Unless you are very financially stable and can afford to rebuild your engine in case it breaks on the dyno, don't proceed with this dream just yet. Hold off, save your money. Make your car payments. Pay your car off. Get a really good dependable daily driver. Save for the parts you want for your car and pay for them in cash. THEN you will have a car that is insanely fast, making ridiculous power, is paid off, and the parts you used to upgrade the car were paid for in cash, meaning no debt on that monster of a car. All it requires is a little patience. Just speaking from experience.:beer:

slvr35th

Established Member
Do a f1a if you want real power!! another member had on his stroker motor and made like 730rwhp at like 8 degrees timing and and was spinning on the dyno. the car is capable of way more power unfortunately his oil pump went out on the dyno!!

CobraMac

Established Member
If you have a huge car payment why are you trying to reach 800rwhp? I'm telling you right now going either blower or turbo, to get to 800whp it's going to cost you at LEAST $10,000. And not to mention the costs of when something goes wrong or breaks, then even more. High HP cars are EXPENSIVE....ask me how I know lol. And I'm right around your age too...difference is I don't have a ton of payments I have to make on stuff. Just my advice man...you don't want to start something then run out of money and have it sit forever.

And that's not negativity man...just realism to help you out some!

Last edited:

Stroked03Cobra

SVT Crazy!
Established Member
Hate to be the Debbie downer but a tight budget, making a huge car payment to afford the car and hopes of 700+rwhp=broken engine because you had to cut corners, making a huge car payment on a car that doesn't move. Seriously having a high horsepower car is VERY expensive. There is up keep and maintenence that needs to be performed regularly with a car making that kind of power. Remember, just because an engine is forged doesn't mean its indestructable. You could get one of those engines "rated to 100rwhp" but how long does an engine making 1000rwhp last? 15k miles? 20k? Its alot of stress to put on an engine, no matter how good the components are they will wear fast. Unless you are very financially stable and can afford to rebuild your engine in case it breaks on the dyno, don't proceed with this dream just yet. Hold off, save your money. Make your car payments. Pay your car off. Get a really good dependable daily driver. Save for the parts you want for your car and pay for them in cash. THEN you will have a car that is insanely fast, making ridiculous power, is paid off, and the parts you used to upgrade the car were paid for in cash, meaning no debt on that monster of a car. All it requires is a little patience. Just speaking from experience.:beer:

... whoa guys please read... cutting corners???? If you would see the build sheets from SGS you would see over 20K just in the engine if not more. This car is built and cutting corners may just be the fuel system which will have an extremely goood system in the spring. Like I said b4, OMG i bought the car built and the last owner put thousands and thousands into the car. It was a one owner with 4,300 original miles on it. Other words couldnt pass it up. Im not poor but like iv said many many many times in this thread that i dont have 15k for a setup. 10K yes I could have that by spring with selling my procharger, my kenne bell and other stuff. And as far as an engine only lasting 20K miles???? I put a thousand miles on it a year.. thats 20 years for me!!! This is not my first and only supercharged Mustang and I know what comes with it. Dont Dis the car when you guys have no idea what it is. And I have a reliable daily driver and where did that come into play??? Damn, I love this site but people need to read every word b4 they post. O well its kinda funny hahaha

Last edited:

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
If it was me, just enjoy what you got. Quit trying to make it the "KING OF THE STREET". What do you want a drag car? a street car? corner carver? All the HP in world is no good if you can't put it to the pavement. Put the money where it could make the car better to handle all the HP and what you want it to do.. Your car makes good damn HP but, the rest of it need to be better.

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Oh but...You can live in your car but you can't drive your house. :rockon:

03vertcobra, said that while pointing at me because he remembers my car with the KB trying to hook up on BFG KDs. LOL They were nothing but a 315 wide smoke show!

Last edited:

Stroked03Cobra

SVT Crazy!
Established Member
If it was me, just enjoy what you got. Quit trying to make it the "KING OF THE STREET". What do you want a drag car? a street car? corner carver? All the HP in world is no good if you can't put it to the pavement. Put the money where it could make the car better to handle all the HP and what you want it to do.. Your car makes good damn HP but, the rest of it need to be better.

Which is the Tranny and the Fuel system right? The IRS is built, Engine is built, I got the Sub Frame MM XL's on it. The fuel system will be done by spring and everyone tells me to run the tranny untill it breaks or try to have it built. I will not go auto. Im not sure what else it needs other than those two things that are major.

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
Which is the Tranny and the Fuel system right? The IRS is built, Engine is built, I got the Sub Frame MM XL's on it. The fuel system will be done by spring and everyone tells me to run the tranny until it breaks or try to have it built. I will not go auto. I'm not sure what else it needs other than those two things that are major.

Well I would go after the weak links first, if you don't, it only cost more in the end.

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
YA know I really didn't give it much thought. I never really got to go over you car to figure it out. They have it over at the shop right, ask him to take a look and see what he would do and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread