F1A-R or possibly the 4.0 Whipple on Terminator??? Info needed please!

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Hey guys I am looking to make some more power with my cobra. Its a 2003 with the Boss 5.0 Block, JE pistons, Full stroker kit, Stage 3 heads and XE stage 3 cams and ect... I currently have the KB 2.8 H on that I will be selling. I have been looking at everything from the procharger F1A through the F1R Cog race setup with bov, to the Whipple 4.0, possibly the 3.4 down to the 2.8 Mammoth by KB. I know that Turbo is probably the best for what I want but do not have the funds for that setup. Iv talked to a few shops and Venders. Of course they all say that theirs is the best. Im wanting to stay with 93 octane with possibly the torco additive. E85 is not available to me where I live unfortunately. So i am probably stuck at around 17 18 psi. My current setup is making 705 at the wheels on 93 done by SGS automotive in PA. I know everyone is going to say the whipple 4.0 is too big for the cobra's but whipple is reassuring me that it is not with the built engine. I also know with the procharger is a complicated setup requiring more parts to complete setup. I am looking for the most power that I can with the octane that I will be running. Please leave negative comments to yourselves if anyone has any. Some say I am dumb for wanting more power but o well. Just seeing what people seem to say about the best setup In their opinion. Thanks

You seem to have the bread to go turbo. Instead of wasting the dough on another PD blower or centri, just go all the way. This is to avoid this same question 2 months later. Turbo for the ultimate power.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Geeze and they didnt even start working on my car yet.

JATO ... Jet-fuel Assisted Take Off. That will get the job done. Oh wait it doesnt run on 93.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
On nothing but a forged bottom end and stock heads/cams everything else, it was in the 6xx range. But, I had issues through that whole motor...

I'll let you know the results as soon as I get the new motor in..... 5.1 stroker with built everything and done heads/cams... should be well into the 7's or low 8's...

EDIT- I made more power on pump and meth than running 108....

i highly doubt youll be in the 7s...

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
Pull the motor, do a diesel with propane and a bigger turbo. Then you can go to the tuck pulls! Oh! and get the turbo off of Ruthless for more punch!

ruthless

Established Member
Just keep in mind...You can push it to 1 horsepower less than what it made before it blew up. So turn it up until that point then turn it back one click for the next engine. Then you are all set!!

:pop:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
why would you say you doubt low 700 wheel on a Built 5.1 stroker with worked heads (guessing port polish oversized goodies and stage 3 blower cams )and a F1-A on 21-22 lbs?

sounds like a great combo for a little over 700 if not more

I think he meant 7's in the quarter??

ruthless

Established Member
HELLO EVERYONE!! You seem to be missing the point of the OPs post. He wants a setup to get him to 800rwhp on pump.

He is currently running a 2.8 h with a restrictive factory KB intake @ 16lbs of boost. The engine is fully built so that upgrade is done. Now what we have been talking about is a better inlet but the after market intake cost way to freak'n much so we looked into bigger blower options. He was hooked on the mammoth KB with the LC option but I dont think its as good as the big whipples that are out now. I am realy not sure how he got on the procharger kick and I HIGHLY vote against it. I guess he likes that noise. :nonono:

So what he should be asking is...How can I get 50rwhp or more out of my setup while still retaining 93 pump gas and not dropping a ton of cash.

I honestly have no idea why he is asking this without a single dyno pull under his belt to know how the tune is. I voted for a dyno pull so we could look at the fuel system. I have NEVER seen a 700+rwhp car run factory fuel lines, rails and pumps but hey there is a first for everything. Its either that or the shop did swap out his pumps and just didnt list it.

BTW his mafia is set to 3 so he is moving some air.

I think I upset the apple cart with my turbo build because I went all out because I dont want to touch that area again. Its a custom kit and will support some strong numbers on 93. Then when the mixed gas goes in hold onto your butt because it will only be held back by the engine. My only areas left are Engine and auto swap. (I am keeping the IRS for now)

OP when that auto goes in my car I am sure you will be the king of the local HP race so dont worry about it.

Last edited:

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Traction is not too bad, I run 305 MT ET's and hook decently. I would love to have a set of AFS 18's and run the 315 or maybe if they would fit with the lowering springs the 325's

I have AFS 18x10.5's with H&R super sport springs SLAMMED, got 335 d/r's out back with ZERO problems. I do have a solid axle tho.

Stroked03Cobra

SVT Crazy!
Established Member
and to everyone with negative comments seriously need to leave. I asked a question and this happens... I even asked in the beginning to leave negative comments out, i guess some cant read... anyways I know the 4.0 isnt really out yet and as far as procharger, yes that sound is sweet and I wanted to see what people think of them who ACTUALLY RUN THAT KIT!!!! Thank you for the ones who have helped and given me information. And yes me and Ruthless are friends that live close to one another and is about the only guy on here that knows my car. BTW it is at the shop now and will have a dyno pull done and the fuel system will not be a concern since ill have the behind bars race cars fuel system for spring. If she isnt making 705 rwhp it is extremely close. I have the dyno from SGS and they did confirm it before I bought the car. O and yes, OMG I bought this car built, I did not do anything to it other than cosmetics and I am on a budget since I am 22 years old and have a huge car payment to afford this car. Seriously guys, stick with the question or dont leave a comment... I bet if I was to sell this car I would be asking waayyyy too much for it just like in the market section guys do all the time... So like iv said before, I know turbo is best.. I UNDERSTAND that and I know how much a GOOD kit costs and I cant do that right now. So I wanted to see what else is out there that i might be able to make more power with... thank!

Users who are viewing this thread