F1A Procharger

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
I had mine at 650 or so on a stock cobra block and pump with meth.... 22psi with belt slip...

Went to a 5.1 teksid and mild cams, and ported heads... 775 with straight 93 and 23-24psi...

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I have an F1 on my Camaro and have had nothing but issues with it. Yes, they make power, but what a PITA.

Go with Vortech. They make a better blower and their customer service is better.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I have a F1A cobra with a built block (9.1) and with only 20psi i make over 700+ on e85 tho. Like everyone said i like the self contained lub system also and with the cog setup its a beast.

I have had 25psi and on the dyno it put down 800+rwhp. it was insane how hard it pulled.

This will probably come off as arrogant but can you please fix your signature its driving me nuts..... Looking to SELL, or up for SALE

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I have an F1 on my Camaro and have had nothing but issues with it. Yes, they make power, but what a PITA.

Go with Vortech. They make a better blower and their customer service is better.

The only issues i hear are when people try to run the 6-rib setup on the terminator cars, but that's expected with only a 6-rib belt and higher boost.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Any modular block is capable of over 1000 hp with the stock stroke. It's when you start trying to stroke these motors that you have issues. It's just like a 5.0 Windsor push rod, put a 347 in it and try to make 500, you'll split it down the cam journals. Stroked motors have more outward pressure on the cylinder walls

vadorsnake04

Established Member
^ He knows how to make cheap everyday 4.6L parts go VERY FAST!:D

Yes he does!

Any modular block is capable of over 1000 hp with the stock stroke. It's when you start trying to stroke these motors that you have issues. It's just like a 5.0 Windsor push rod, put a 347 in it and try to make 500, you'll split it down the cam journals. Stroked motors have more outward pressure on the cylinder walls

Yep, which is why i prefer big bore only no stroker!:beer:

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member

Well mine was punched 20 over when it was built

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
Also i seen where some people dont like the procharger intake because it kills the lowend, what other intakes can you run to help lowend but also keep the eaton heat exchange

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Also i seen where some people dont like the procharger intake because it kills the lowend, what other intakes can you run to help lowend but also keep the eaton heat exchange

ya, that intake isn't so great to put it nicely. I don't really know the other options there are really, i dont think there are any. Why do you want to stick with the eaton heat exchanger?

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member

It's not the procharger upper that hurts, its the terminator lower intake. The height of the ports vs the height of the bottom of the intercooler forces air flow to turn around 180* before it enters the engine therefore killing velocity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread