F1A Procharger

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Well mine was punched 20 over when it was built

.020 is a minuscule amount in the bore size. There are virtually no gains to be had from a .020 over bore. That's only done to clean a damaged cylinder wall. When we refer to "big bore' its usually in reference to the boss block that frpp offers for our cars.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Can you be more specific because that's the first I've heard

IT doesn't really effect your guys as mine was on an LSX. But the head unit seals failed. Took the blower apart, come to find out you can get the seals at retail stores.

Before the seals went the bolts holding the blower together would back out. I had to essentially re-engineer their whole kit. Procharger's tech service was absolutely no help.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
IT doesn't really effect your guys as mine was on an LSX. But the head unit seals failed. Took the blower apart, come to find out you can get the seals at retail stores.

Before the seals went the bolts holding the blower together would back out. I had to essentially re-engineer their whole kit. Procharger's tech service was absolutely no help.

I hear ya but the seal thing is could be hit or miss and the fact that you can get them any where seems kind of obvious since if procharger doesn't make seals they have to acquire them some how. Really you can't go wrong with a procharger or a vortech imo, they are both pioneers and have been around for a long enough time.

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
ya, that intake isn't so great to put it nicely. I don't really know the other options there are really, i dont think there are any. Why do you want to stick with the eaton heat exchanger?

It would be easier that route also i have a gt500 heat exchanger on my car

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
.020 is a minuscule amount in the bore size. There are virtually no gains to be had from a .020 over bore. That's only done to clean a damaged cylinder wall. When we refer to "big bore' its usually in reference to the boss block that frpp offers for our cars.

So when the air goes in to the heat exchanger it spins around and trys to go back to the procharger?

vadorsnake04

Established Member
So when the air goes in to the heat exchanger it spins around and trys to go back to the procharger?

No, what he is talking about is the design of the intake itself. The way it is setup up air comes into the intake and then has to go back up(change direction 180 degrees) to get into the intake ports of the heads.

Also, fyi, the heat exchanger doesnt receive any air, just your coolant.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member

No no... If you've never had the blower off the car and seen how it works its going to be nearly impossible for me to make you understand over the internet. Although it may be easier to keep the air to water set up it doesn't pay in the end. If that's what you wanna do, the procharger sheet metal upper is your ONLY option.

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
No no... If you've never had the blower off the car and seen how it works its going to be nearly impossible for me to make you understand over the internet. Although it may be easier to keep the air to water set up it doesn't pay in the end. If that's what you wanna do, the procharger sheet metal upper is your ONLY option.

I cant find and f1a cog systems for a 99-01 cobra or 03-04 Mach1, would i have to get a cog setup for a 03/04 cobra and make my own cold side? I know i would have to change everything back to mach 1 upper/lower and stuff

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I cant find and f1a cog systems for a 99-01 cobra or 03-04 Mach1, would i have to get a cog setup for a 03/04 cobra and make my own cold side? I know i would have to change everything back to mach 1 upper/lower and stuff

You can either do a cog setup for the 03/04 and change your timing cover to an 03/04 cobra one, or you can buy the renegade bracket from houseofboost.com and switch to a 98 cobra timing cobra and run a cog setup that way. both brackets will work good. And yes either way you will have to make your piping and change your intake.

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
You can either do a cog setup for the 03/04 and change your timing cover to an 03/04 cobra one, or you can buy the renegade bracket from houseofboost.com and switch to a 98 cobra timing cobra and run a cog setup that way. both brackets will work good. And yes either way you will have to make your piping and change your intake.

This might be a stupid question idk but can you run a Mach1 upper/lower with a 03/04 cobra timing cover? then i would just get a CX coldside from ebay.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
This might be a stupid question idk but can you run a Mach1 upper/lower with a 03/04 cobra timing cover? then i would just get a CX coldside from ebay.

Yes you can do that. Personally I would just buy a universal piping kit and go to town. That's what I did and its fine

vadorsnake04

Established Member

You can run the mach1 intake or cobra intake with 03/04 timing cover. I would do what 1quick10th said on the piping.

Why not just get the mach one kit and 8 rib set up?

My .02 on that is the bracket for the mach1 sucks. it only supports one side of the blower which causes the bracket to flex and then ends up throwing belts. Just a bad design. Either do what i did use the 03/04 6 rib bracket and turn it into a 8 rib setup(i don't think you should unless your a machinist like me lol cause i had to make some of the pulley's). Or run either of the other two brackets i mentioned with cog or 8-rib.

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
You can run the mach1 intake or cobra intake with 03/04 timing cover. I would do what 1quick10th said on the piping.

My .02 on that is the bracket for the mach1 sucks. it only supports one side of the blower which causes the bracket to flex and then ends up throwing belts. Just a bad design. Either do what i did use the 03/04 6 rib bracket and turn it into a 8 rib setup(i don't think you should unless your a machinist like me lol cause i had to make some of the pulley's). Or run either of the other two brackets i mentioned with cog or 8-rib.

im just going to run the cog so i wont what to worry about belt slippage

01yellercobra

Established Member

Yes you can. The alternator will stay in the low mounted position.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member

how would that work? the Cog f1a setup on the cobras i have been looking at has the alternator mounted backwards up top, It looks like it mounts in a bracket that comes with the f1a kit.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member

That's false, the 03-04 timing cover has has mounting holes for the low mount alt brackets. If you use a mach timing cover you will need to use a mach one alternator.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
This is what it will look like if you buy the kit for 03-04 timing cover.
IMAG0301.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread