f150 or mustang?

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
That really sucks about vehicle limitations. Otherwise I'd say get a used truck and a mustang. Bought my 2001 tahoe with 106k miles for 3900$ I see used F150s cheap all the time too.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
He says he's in an apartment. Save the truck purchase for when you need it for a house.
This, when I lived in an apartment, I never needed a truck. Now that I have a house, a truck is a necessity.

blk02edge

Established Member
If I was limited to only one vehicle my mustang would be gone in a split second.. truck>car. But whatever suits your lifestyle.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2014 F150 5.0L 3.55 Axle w/ Electric Locker
Roush Stage 2 supercharger
long tubes + catted mid pipe + cat back exhaust
traction bars

500+whp and a ton of fun. Will dust most anything you can come up against and run mid 11's in the 1/4 with ease on some radials.

Maustang

Established Member
Can't do multiple vehicles unfortunately. My apartment complex only allows 2 vehicles per unit max. So that's me and my fiancé's car. They do allow my motorcycle because I park it sideways in front of my car. So it's 1 vehicle replacement for the focus

I am planning on getting into a house in the next 2 years. The fiance says this is my last vehicle purchase for quite awhile lol

Tell the future wife you don't need that kind of negativity in your life
Dump her then you'll have two parking spaces. One for a f150 and one for the mustang.
And live happily ever after.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly, I don't know how any household can survive without a truck.

I do, very nicely. When I need a truck (which isn't all that often) I drive to Home Depot (3 miles away) and rent one of their trucks for $19 (first 75 minutes) and $5. ever 15 minutes after. Lowes, which is also 10 minutes away) has the same rate. MUCH cheaper than buying a truck for occasional utility use. Now if I needed truck storage utility regularly, or if I could easily afford both a truck and a DD, that's a different story. That only downsides to renting a truck is that you could find out none are available or it might be too far away. I've never had that happen but it's a possibility. :)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Edge Sport? Or non-Ford Sport crossover? Like many here - my daily\family hauler is a full size crew cab truck and the Mustang is the fun car. It's a good combo, but there's nothing fun about driving my truck. I actually want a third vehicle lol, Something like a SHO.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Cobra and a dd, I have a house and could really use a truck. We have to either hit up my dad or inlaws when we need a truck, they are 1 hour from us. Would it even be a good idea to make a large purchase like this before buying a house, as far as debt to income and affecting your credit?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Cobra and a dd, I have a house and could really use a truck. We have to either hit up my dad or inlaws when we need a truck, they are 1 hour from us. Would it even be a good idea to make a large purchase like this before buying a house, as far as debt to income and affecting your credit?

I bought the Shelby a month before the house, and the lender didn't really care. Just had to send them the paperwork on the car loan.

But, generally speaking, I would ask your bank/who ever you would be getting a loan from if something like a/another car loan could affect you from securing a mortgage. The lender we dealt with never said anything about our debt/income and we got a conventional loan at a good rate
I know the previous place we were looking to buy a house from told us not to buy anything large while the loan process was underway. Either do it before or after, not during.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
What kind of car does your fiance have? Since you can only have 2 cars right now, is there an option for her to get an SUV? She gets the more practical car that helps fill the "storage deficiency" of the mustang, and you still get the mustang :coolman:

I realize an SUV isn't a truck, but it's a great compromise and you'll be shocked at just how convenient they are when you need to move large items that wont fit in a car. As others have said, for the 1-2 times a year you MIGHT find yourself needing a truck, just rent one. As for the argument of needing a truck for when/if you even find yourself buying appliances, you can always find a deal that includes delivery...

01GTB

Established Member
I am planning on getting into a house in the next 2 years. The fiance says this is my last vehicle purchase for quite awhile lol

Not sure I like the sound of that. But that's another subject.

It's sounds like you had your heart set on a Mustang and the truck has just recently entered the running. If you don't get the Mustang you will probably regret it. If you buy the Mustang and two years from now wish you had bought the truck it will be a different kind of regret. Not the sick to your stomach type.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
It really depends, I went through this same debate when I bought my 03. Luckily my father in law has an old 99 f150 we can borrow because it's an extra vehicle for them. There are lots of days I look at the F150s and want one so bad, but we've been able to get by without one for now. The best way to look at it is this - you can have either a nice(r) truck and a cheap(er) mustang or vice versa. Because you're going to be getting a house, decide which one you want/need first and then convince your fiance that having 3 vehicles is the right way to go about things! :kaboom:

For the record, I am definitely glad I got the Cobra. It's a forever car for me so when it's paid off (which will be sooner than if I had bought a truck) then it's off our books and by that point I'll be looking for a truck if I don't already have one. You can find good deals on older F150s out there.

B0B

Established Member
I find myself driving my truck more often than my Mustang, even on nice days. It is a lot more comfortable and it drives really nice. Plus the Ecoboost with a tune is pretty quick too. You don't realize how much you really need a truck until you have one. If I had to keep one vehicle, it would be the truck hands down. I feel that if you have to choose one now, choose the truck. It will be harder to get into a new truck after you buy the house because the price will be more than a Mustang.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Not sure I like the sound of that. But that's another subject.

It's sounds like you had your heart set on a Mustang and the truck has just recently entered the running. If you don't get the Mustang you will probably regret it. If you buy the Mustang and two years from now wish you had bought the truck it will be a different kind of regret. Not the sick to your stomach type.

Eh I've always wanted both. Just when the new 15 came out I kinda started drooling over it. Now that I've had time to sit back and think about it. My mind keeps wandering back to the truck for usefulness and riding the motorcycle for fun

10fore

Established Member
I vote for an F-150. While having a Mustang is always fun, the practicality of a truck, as well as the fact it can be easily driven in all weather conditions makes it the better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread