f150 or mustang?

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm ready to ditch the focus, I bought it a few years back when I needed the fuel efficiency and have been bored with it since then. times have changed and I've moved and started a new job. Now that the money flow is better and fuel mileage isn't an issue, I've been looking for a mustang. Had my eye set on a new 15.

I've wanted a truck for years but never really considered one. The current rebates on new f150s are pretty awesome. So now I'm kind of thinking maybe I should buy a truck instead. I moved away from all family and friends so I can't just call someone else to haul something for me. I don't really haul much but it would be nice to have the ability to carry large items if need be.

That being said I really miss having a mustang, I would love to get into another one. I have a motorcycle for warm sunny days which would basically leave the mustang for DD duty and cold/rainy days.

So basically I'm torn between the two. Money is still a consideration and for what it's worth the truck will be a little cheaper. Fun and sporty or practical?

Which would you choose? Any other considerations I need to think about?

coposrv

Established Member
If you only plan on using the truck for those few times you need to haul stuff I would look to the mustang. There's always truck rentals available. What about a used mustang and a 5k used truck for the really bad weather days and when you need a truck? Used 5.0 plus older truck is probably less than a new mustang? Of course there's insuring an extra vehicle and extra maintenance but it may be the best of both worlds.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Buy a cheap used mustang in cash, and get whatever F150 you can afford. Problem solved.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Can't do multiple vehicles unfortunately. My apartment complex only allows 2 vehicles per unit max. So that's me and my fiancé's car. They do allow my motorcycle because I park it sideways in front of my car. So it's 1 vehicle replacement for the focus

Satyr

Established Member
Can't do multiple vehicles unfortunately. My apartment complex only allows 2 vehicles per unit max. So that's me and my fiancé's car. They do allow my motorcycle because I park it sideways in front of my car. So it's 1 vehicle replacement for the focus

I'd go with the mustang. If the only thing that the truck has going for it is that you can use it on the off-chance that you need to haul something, I don't think that's enough to warrant its purchase. The mustang will be more fun all of the time, and will only be less convenient when the weather is bad and when you have crap to haul.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Been debating on flipping the Shelby for a Raptor.

Tad more practical, especially with a house and job (have to go on job sites every once in a while )

Just would hate to trade the car in and regret it right away.

It's a tough decision.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I would not buy a 14 150 with huge discounts. The 15 150 will be much more than the mustang.

The mustang is getting rave reviews. A friend of mine a huge diehard bmw guy even is impressed with the new mustang. Find a dealer which will order you the exact one you want at invoice!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Honestly, I don't know how any household can survive without a truck.

Kind of what I'm thinking. It was always easy to borrow a truck from my dad or friends when I lived back in my home town. I'm 2 hours away from them now. The wife-to-be says this will be my last vehicle purchase for some time so I'm thinking a truck is going to be much more useful when we buy a house, have a kid, etc.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I couldn't imagine renting a truck every time I need one. Get the F-150. You will thank yourself when you need a fridge, tv, washer / dryer, water heater, mulch, pea gravel, firewood, trees, shrubs. I hate when people ask me to haul their shit because they bought a car instead of a truck. Yes I'm a jackass.

Troponin

Established Member
My Mustang is my second vehicle. I refuse to get rid of my truck as my DD. So much nicer to drive on a regular basis, great for packing up the wife and kids to travel in, with the 4WD I dont have to worry about any kind of weather (Even here in Texas we can get nasty weather), practical etc. That said, I am a hp fanatic. I will be supercharging my F150. lol

Stanger00

Established Member
Truck rental is only 60 bucks from enterprise and sometimes cheaper with discounts. It's what I've been doing until I can afford a truck. My order of priorities were house, engagement ring, wedding, truck. Have a wedding to fund and about a year from now I'll have my truck. I had no purpose for a truck when I lived in an apartment and now that I live in my house I use a truck every 2 months it seems like and it adds up renting one.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
Love my lightning had to rent a uhaul got the biggest trailer and went from Tampa to north Carolina and still able to go to the track and run 12's.

Users who are viewing this thread