Exhaust & CAI on stock tune?

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
My white car was pullied/catback/CAI'd when I got it so I didn't deal with this before. I ordered a catback today & MikeW is gonna give me back one of my many old CAIs from the white car. Is it safe to run these 2 on the stock tune? It's gonna be a little bit before I can spring for an Xcal.

Jefe

Established Member
Previous owner of my car did it from 2004-2008. I have been for 6 months now...Make sure the MAF position is right by 10 o'clock or lower and you should be good.

Cant wait to get a tune though....Get the A/F checked just be sure before you have too much fun

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
Mine seemed to run rich after the o/r x, and catback.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Mine was ran like that for the first 2 years of its life. I even ran a catless x for a few months with out a tune.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
The stock tunes are a little rich...so I say you should be fine...the only thing that will affect it is not putting the MAF back in the same exact spot...just put exactly the same way back and you should be good to go...

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
you'll be fine...

...i did intake/midpipe/catback for about 6 months before doing the pulley/tune...it ran great with no problems...:beer:

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Cool, thanks guys. I figured it'd be ok, just making sure. Can't wait to hear some noise from this thing.

Stalker27

Established Member
So if i was to put a JLT intake in mine it won't make it run lean? So the programmer is to extract the most hp out of those mods.

I'm hoping the JLT will wake up the blower so its louder

DCTHOM3

Established Member
So if i was to put a JLT intake in mine it won't make it run lean? So the programmer is to extract the most hp out of those mods.

I'm hoping the JLT will wake up the blower so its louder

It will, just put a JLT carbon fiber RAI on mine and the blower is loud especially for a stock pulley

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
K&N FIPK and Stinger cat-back only here. Untuned. The car made 401.83/391.14 on the Dynojet. A/F was fine. Actually it was pig rich above 4500 rpm. Rich but very safe. You shouldn't have any problems.

MikeW

Established Member
My vert ran FIPK and Stingers and a catted x-pipe for 3 years.

BTW I did find the CAI and the shift handle.. I have them at work .. come pick it up when you want :beer:

Last edited:

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
from what i have read about our cobras only when you up the boost via a upper pulley or lower pulley swap a tune is need simple bolt on should be safe like catback, midpipe, headers, cai, tb, coil packs etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stock tune is fine with just an intake and exhaust mod. As mentioned above, the stock tune is on the rich side, so a custom/dyno tune will get you addition power/torque if you choose to do that.

dlaude

Established Member
Ah, sweet, this is good news. I'll be getting my cai soon and ordering my full exhaust in the next few weeks but won't do the tune until I get some pullies (few months down the road).

Users who are viewing this thread