excessive motorsports VA

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
do not take your vehicle there if you want it to function properly

really? lets not get ridiculous. there are tons of high hp cars around here with chris' tune and they run great. he have the fastest non ported non sprayed eaton termi. you act like he doesnt know what he's doing

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
do not take your vehicle there if you want it to function properly

That's a pretty bold statement. You can't be in the business as long as they have if you did not know what you were doing. I'm sorry if you had some sort of bad relations with them, but to publicly bad mouth is not cool.

Sosick

Established Member
I would also try JJ at Woodbine motorsports. He has done tons of lightnings and cobras and the new 5.0's. I've never heard anything negative about him and his prices are awesome.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I would also try JJ at Woodbine motorsports. He has done tons of lightnings and cobras and the new 5.0's. I've never heard anything negative about him and his prices are awesome.

JJ's a good guy. A local forum had a dyno day at his shop over the summer.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
really? lets not get ridiculous. there are tons of high hp cars around here with chris' tune and they run great. he have the fastest non ported non sprayed eaton termi. you act like he doesnt know what he's doing

That's a pretty bold statement. You can't be in the business as long as they have if you did not know what you were doing. I'm sorry if you had some sort of bad relations with them, but to publicly bad mouth is not cool.

i posted proof. didnt make up a single thing. so, not really bad mouthing them when the proof shows its evident they cant even simply time a stock 4.6.

and yes, plenty of bad tuner/building companies exist with a poor track record....hpp racing and lingenfelter just to name a couple.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
i posted proof. didnt make up a single thing. so, not really bad mouthing them when the proof shows its evident they cant even simply time a stock 4.6.

and yes, plenty of bad tuner/building companies exist with a poor track record....hpp racing and lingenfelter just to name a couple.

ok lets set the record strait about the mach 1 that came into my shop that was already worked on by another shop. The timing issue was one of the issues it had after we had to clean the engine out from all the metal shavings it had from the timing chain install from the other shop. The customer was told it had other issues and did not want to fix it. WE DID NOT TIME IT!

65fastback2+2

Established Member
ok lets set the record strait about the mach 1 that came into my shop that was already worked on by another shop. The timing issue was one of the issues it had after we had to clean the engine out from all the metal shavings it had from the timing chain install from the other shop. The customer was told it had other issues and did not want to fix it. WE DID NOT TIME IT!

so thats why there was a near $1000 receipt showing that the front end had been gotten into. and when i called excessive, I was told that it was in time, guaranteed.

oh well, i got rid of that car before even registering it thanks to it not being in time

edit: not to mention it had like 24-25 degrees of timing in it and dyno'd 310 rwhp on 15 psi. coulda freaking really destroyed it. shoulda had a VERY safe tune on it. why would ANY SHOP put that much timing into something they claim they knew was broke. just absurd.

Last edited:

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Again not my tune it was on the dyno to get tuned but didn"t even make a pull before it shut down from the crank sensor being covered in metal shavings. never got the chance to tune it because it did not run right and was taken by the customer. your right about one thing nobody puts that kind of timing in a supercharged setup. but if you feel it's still our fault thats cool.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I have plenty of customers who use Chris and have no issues and are very happy with him. Whenever I have a car that needs a tune, I let them know the different options around here and let them decide what they want to do. We are lucky to have a lot of good tuners in the area. The times I have met or spoken with Chris he has been a good guy and cool to shoot the shit with.

Every shop will have unfortunate situations. How that shop deals (good or bad) with those situations is what will set them apart from the others. It is just part of the business and something you have to deal with and hopefully deal with it correctly.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Excessive did my 03 Cobra back in May. Put 4500 miles on it this summer with numerous cruises, including MACA cruise to the American Muscle show. Have not had a single issue with the car. I am really pleased with Excessive. To me, it was the right choice as they came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by a dealer that specializes in the 03/04 Cobras, and that dealer drives two hours one-way to get there. Mods in my sig if you're interested OP.

rizjan67

Established Member
excessive

Well Chris has been working on my cars for a while my previous 06 whippled gt,then my silver 03 cobra ,yellow 03 cobra and recently he tuned my 04 steggy stage 4 cobra made very good numbers ,so I would suggest Chris is a good and he gets good power out of cars.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
There is NO business that will have 100% satisfaction from people. No matter what you do someone will always end up not happy for whatever reason. I feel as long as the good outweigh the bad that's about as much as you can do. I've had terrible experiences with Chevy and I love Ford. My unlce doesn't care for Ford and loves Chevy. Bottom line is you can't please everyone.

Chris has done great with my car and has ALWAYS addressed any issues I've had (or thought I had) and my car has run well ever since he's tuned it for the past four years! I've sent several buddies to him with Cobras as well as Mercury Marauders. All cars are running strong:rockon:

There are a several of us in the area with tunes by Chris of Excessive Motorsports VA that would be more than willing to line them up with anyone that's a non-believer:burnout:

Sorry for anyone who wasn't pleased, but I honestly feel he's tuned my car as well as several of my buddy's cars great and we continue to go back:beer:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I had zero issues with Excessive

Chris is a stand up guy and great to have tune any car I own

Torrey on the other hand is a Giants fan and sucks!!!! Just kidding

Both of these guys are great and have tuned many MACA cars in the area.

I would go there again!!!!!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I think the good outweighs the bad in this thread. OP, it's ultimately your choice, and HURTNEM is right, nobody will have a 100% satisfaction rating. But you've heard several in this thread say that Chris and Torey both stand behind the work they do.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member

i just highly doubt a guy thats been working on fords for over 20 years cant time a modular... its not the hardest thing ever.

Users who are viewing this thread