Evo SLAYS blue MACH 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtxEvo8

Established Member
20k would buy you several built evo motors... If you buy the whole thing outright they are a little over 4k. If you upgrade yours by shipping it somewhere, it's around 2500. The stroker kits sell for right around 2k.

If you are including head work, bigger turbo, bigger ic, built tranny / xfer case, clutch, and various supporting mods(fuel, ignition, tuning), 20k could be reached rather easily. You can however get similar results without going all out on the rest of the car. Building it "right" so it would take alot of abuse would take 20k...

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
If he's going to have an engine built that strong I'd expect way more power than that. I've seen near 600 numbers made on a stock block. He may have gotten a bad tune or toyed to much with an MBC (STis aren't fond of them). If he is getting a sleeved Crawford 2.65 he could easily push close to 800 awhp with the right turbo. KINGPIN offers a new GT40 for built STis that would make that power on a block like that easy. Not to mention the option of water/methanol injection and race gas.

Well he wants to run a GT35r and it will be his daily driver. He does not want a huge "track only" monster. The engine he is buying is not crawford, he never had an MBC, his engine will be a 2.5 though, not bigger. He has spent all of this money on different set-ups. How many people buy a car new (like the STi when it came out) and do everything right the first time? He has had multiple set-ups learning from his and others mistakes, thus costing him more money than someone who shows up late to the game and gets everything done right because of all of the knowledge that has accumulated since the car/engine came out.

Also, (I am not starting a flame war) how many STis are running 600 AWHP on the stock block? Last I heard 400 -450 was tops and then poof. He is going to one of the best tuners in the Country for the Subies too.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Juice33 said:
Well he wants to run a GT35r and it will be his daily driver. He does not want a huge "track only" monster. The engine he is buying is not crawford, he never had an MBC, his engine will be a 2.5 though, not bigger. He has spent all of this money on different set-ups. How many people buy a car new (like the STi when it came out) and do everything right the first time? He has had multiple set-ups learning from his and others mistakes, thus costing him more money than someone who shows up late to the game and gets everything done right because of all of the knowledge that has accumulated since the car/engine came out.

Also, (I am not starting a flame war) how many STis are running 600 AWHP on the stock block? Last I heard 400 -450 was tops and then poof. He is going to one of the best tuners in the Country for the Subies too.

No offense taken, just casual conversation here. 450 is about tops for a largely stock set up but if your running a stand alone system with a good tune and high octane close to 500 is possible. PDX Tuning and Element tuning have done it a few times. He can definetly daily drive a GT35 although spool up can be a pain in the ass. I'm personally downsizing as I don't feel I'm getting the most out of the cars intention (auto-cross) with this much lag. You wouldn't happen to know the tuners name would you or were your buddy is located? I know of several very reputable tuners if he needs any help. If it is speed you want I'd say the GT35 is without question the best set up for the STi.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Good kill! Glad it wasn't me! Lol. I've actually been pricing out Evo's and STi's lately, but unless I see a great deal I'll just keep riding the stang.

FEARSM

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
:poke: I've gotten better 60's than that in a twin turbo Corvette that was on 18" wheels with worn out drag radials. And you have 2 more wheels trying to get traction.

Have you driven an AWD car with alot of power? Its entirely possible. There was a 630+ AWD Stealth here that had problems hooking up at the track. He was probably trying to take it easy on the drivetrain. Contrary to what people think you dont just dump the clutch on those types of cars to get good 60 fts. Takes some finesse.

evo8power

Established Member
sorry guys i was away from the site for a while forgot about the post, anyway, to the guy that says it wasnt him i raced, can he post a picture of his mach 1 up please?? and also, were you the one driving around with 2 other mach's on 202 south and waved to a pontiac grand prix when he was messing with you guys???

i drive rt1 twice a day, post back and i will be glad to hand you your ass, if this is the same car, if not i still will hehe, j/k but love to set up a race, where you at byatch!!!!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Hye06 said:
uuuh..okay

cost of all mods + professional install

he's a good friend of mine, why would he lie? especially about something like that?

:nonono:

20k in mods and only 500awhp? something is wrong :poke:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i love all fast cars. good kill man.

orangemach, nice looking car man, but could you resize your sig pic it takes up a lot of space.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
evo8power said:
sorry guys i was away from the site for a while forgot about the post, anyway, to the guy that says it wasnt him i raced, can he post a picture of his mach 1 up please?? and also, were you the one driving around with 2 other mach's on 202 south and waved to a pontiac grand prix when he was messing with you guys???

i drive rt1 twice a day, post back and i will be glad to hand you your ass, if this is the same car, if not i still will hehe, j/k but love to set up a race, where you at byatch!!!!
03MACH1. take him up. I would love to see the results.
My votes on you. :beer:

atlvalet

Established Member
todd4566 said:
Good kill! Glad it wasn't me! Lol. I've actually been pricing out Evo's and STi's lately, but unless I see a great deal I'll just keep riding the stang.

Check out South Coast Mitsu. THey have some of the best deals around on the '06 Evos.

fre

Established Member
evo8power said:
heres my baby :mj:

Hrmmmm that exhaust looks like mine. Does it say Vibrant on it?

BTW, you need to launch that bitch like you mean it. You could easily be in the 10s with 131 mph. I launch agressively at the track. Of course I need to rebuild my clutch pretty soon. Even a triple disk can only take so much abuse (250 passes/45k miles).

Last edited:

evo8power

Established Member
fre said:
Hrmmmm that exhaust looks like mine. Does it say Vibrant on it?

BTW, you need to launch that bitch like you mean it. You could easily be in the 10s with 131 mph. I launch agressively at the track. Of course I need to rebuild my clutch pretty soon. Even a triple disk can only take so much abuse (250 passes/45k miles).

Ultimate Racing Turboback.... :D

where did the MACH1 guy go? is he not standing up to my agrement for a challenge???? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread