Everyone who's purchased a cobra in the last year or so...

03svt450whp

Established Member
bought my 03 dsg coupe feb 08. had 34000mi. full bassani exhaust minus headers. pulley and intake some suspension upgrades drove 2 hours to get paid 23900 out the door. thats including gap

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I can't really input in this thread, but I do have a question.

I am currently in the market for a Cobra and I really can't afford anything over $20k. I am expecting to get a car with under 70K miles at or under that price hopefully. Do you guys think that's reasonable, and do you have any tips on where I should be looking for great deals?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
If you keep looking im sure one will turn up close to that price range, maybe not exactly what you're looking for and maybe something that isn't in perfect shape. $20K isn't a price that is out of range though.

Post a thread in the market section with what you are looking for, i'm sure you'll get some PM's and links to something close.

Goodluck,

Josh

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, we've had quite a few purchases over the last couple of years. Enjoy them all!! :rockon:

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
22k miles for $22K
Bone stock
Black on Black 04 vert
One owner
took me 8 months and about 3 heartbreaks to find it.
Just shop around until you see something that seems like once in a lifetime deal. Then JUMP ON IT!!! The next day after I called and called dibs on it, two people called and were pist, they even offered more money.

jasongilmore

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I paid 22,000 for my 10th Ann.
My mileage was 48,xxx
It is a black convertible.
JLT, SCT tune and a 2.76
Hours after I completed the sale, a 2003 silver coupe with 8,000 miles was available, for only 5,000 more. :fm:

03cobramanIII

Banned
Clear title? Had to ask.
dam old post.
it had a hurricane katrina title,only though it had only 3 inches of water in the car' fresh water' it was deemed that title cause it was in a parish that was deemed a diaster area. some areas of the pasish where worst than other area just a couple of miles away.
it was at an auction in new orleans, me and my bro inlaw went there the day before the day of the auction, and checked it out the best we could with no keys. oil,looked good.and i put it in gear and rocked the car so we knew the motor was not frooze up..people are afraid of these cars, but some are good, i won the final bid of $11,600, and towed it home the following day, i had a ford tech. come to the house with 2 cut keys and programmed it, than it came to life! after sitting in that yard over 1 year. odometer said 26,996 it was bone stock exc. for the borla stinger exhast it had.
i not worried about what other people say about my car. i know i got a steal,i was really looking for a coupe though, but all of them seemed to be verts. and at that price i couldnt pass it up.. i passed up 4 of them before seeing this one. this was the best one. 3 of the others had mud for the inside of the car.they where caked .the other one was a yellow vert, it must have floated into something it needed a ft. cap. it went for 14,600.
the ones that had mud all in them where in mississippi auction area

Last edited:

badhabit1

Established Member
Bought mine in oct. 07' 32,000 miles. Redfire coupe. Bone stock down to the paper air filter. Chrome rims. Bought it from a Saturn dealer in Creve Coeur, MO. $21,400. Could not believe it when I saw the car on Autotrader.com. Called and confirmed price, put a $100.00 hold on it and drove 3hrs the next day to buy it. Even still had oldies stations programed on the radio! Must have been older person who originally owned it.

redlight01

Established Member
i bought my 03 back in november, she had 93K miles, way more than ive ever seen on a terminator, but for $15,300 i couldnt pass it up, plus it had a nice system with navigation and dvd player in it, and not one single performance mod, the guy just drove it across country alot, what u guys think?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Not bad, especially since there is a guy on here who has gone over 200K on his Cobra, and I think it has some mods as well.

Just take care of it

trip03svt

Established Member
2003 Triple Black Vert
30,000 Miles
Mint Condition
Bone Stock...it has a styling bar and boot, but no hp mods.

...$19,500 :rockon:

Fat-cat

Established Member
`2003
11k miles
24500 cash
sonic blue
coupe
2.93 pulley mufflers, kn intake and tune

Koval7887

Established Member
I bought my 1998 yellow coupe September of '07. 81k miles. $8500 cash. I was just sick of looking for an amazing deal, so I paid around bluebook. my cobra is the only car that i ever bought that wasn't WAY below bluebook...cobras are worth every penny as long as they are what you like/want. I wanted black on black coupe, but all i could find were tan interior, black exterior coupes. I would never even consider tan interior. I settled for yellow because of my black interior. my old '97 v6 had 205k on it and i molested it EVERYDAY...not one problem besides clutch issues. I took good care of my snake and within 2k miles (2 months) it started to lightly knock. Now that I'm out of school and have some time, I started pulling my k-member today and will be finished tomorrow. I am pulling the oil pan to have a peak and hope that my crank is fine (I suspect a rod bearing is bad, but not spun). It ONLY knocks when warm, and its not a very deep knock by any means...Do you guys think that I have a decent chance of my crank being fine (no polish needed)? I want it back on the road asap!!!...

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
What did you pay for it?
How many miles did it have?
What color was it?
Vert or coupe?
Mods???

Just trying to gain some info

Thanks Guys:beer:

I purchased my 03 DSG Cobra coupe in March of this year for 23k with 58k miles on it. The mods are: MGW short throw shifter, cold air intake, 4lb lower, bassani X pipe with flowmaster 40 series cat back, dyno tuned with Xcal2. Moddest tune. The #'s could have been higher but i am keeping on the safe side untill more work is done next year.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
One of the best threads, nice to see it back,
but some of you, are killing me with how much you paid for your cars,
makes me think I could have a whipple by now.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Bought ours about 2 years ago. Had 38,000 miles on it. All stock and not molested. It is a vert. with taxes and a trade in and out the door. We ended up paying around 29,000 for ours. We got taken, is what happened. But at that time, That was the only vert cobra that we could find on a DEALERS lot with 500 miles. Thats what I said a DEALERS lot, cause we wanted to trade and make sure we got what we wanted. Yes is cost us but the wife is happy and thats all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread