Embargo is lifted!! offical info on the 2011 Mustang GT

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I wonder who in their right mind paid $38,000 for a 03 Cobra. :lol: MSRP was $34K and most didn't even pay that much.

MSRP on coupe was $35,022 and convertible was $37,995

I agree that most didn't pay that much

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
good news is that since its going to be the GT motor that this is going to be a great motor for many swaps, these cars like every other Gt will be driven and driven hard, we will be able to find high milege used/crashed ones all over the place within a year to a year and half. Unlike the cobras and shlebys that are rare and are super expensive to purchase parts from the Gt's will get abused and used creating a great chance for the rest of us to get some great new technology/ slightly used junk yard parts.

The new motors should be perfect to put into everything from fox bodies all the way up to the previous s197's just lkike the old LS1's are everywhere and less of them were made.

I figure I will but one in the junk yard, bore it .30 over with forged pistons with lower compression and add some boost for some major power and take the trans. It sounds like a great conversion to me.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Yes the rear isnt the greatest... So buy a different bumper...

The rims you can get different ones, those are just the ones they opted for for the shoot. Sadly.. Shoulda thrown on the 19'' black ones.

Either way this is awesome and will be a fun DD no matter who you are

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
WoW! I like it a lot! I actually think the refreshed look is pretty nice. Now with the 5.0 w/ 412 HP, I really like it. Good job by Ford.

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
yeah, i'll be waiting by the junkyard for a rear-end-wrecked version of the GT... looking for something to repower my 96 cobra.

or I might just wait to see what SVT puts together... :banana::banana:

whiplash306

Established Member
Don't mind me...I'm just signing up on EVERY one of these threads concerning the 2011 GT, hoping for more news to pop up reference the upcoming Boss 302.....!!!!! C'mon Ford, do this RIGHT!!!!

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
347 stroker anyone?

Yeah,equipped with a supercharger:banana:

and yeah....a run of a mill Mustang GT vs a limited production SVT Cobra

maybe we should compare it to a 390hp 38k Cobra vs a 540 45k GT500

IIRC, there was a dealership in like Vermont or somewhere up north, around late 2004, offering 4 brand new 04 leftovers for $27k. No joke.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
I see it coming, when the 2011 (5.0 Mustang Convertible) make it’s first appearance:dw:

A remake of Vanilla Ice - Rollin In My 5.0

reacti10.gif
reacti10.gif
reacti10.gif
reacti10.gif
reacti10.gif
reacti10.gif
reacti10.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUkD4CY7YAQ"]YouTube- Rollin' In My 5.0[/ame]

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
So let me just say that someone said "trashy 5.0 emblems" and Im a little offended. I happen to own an 89 5.0 and I like it.

+10000000000

This car has no right to even have the 5.0 emblem close to it or in the same zip code.
The "5.0" is a fox body mustang nothing else, its not a 94-95 mustang or a 2011 mustang.
Now if they did a remake of the fox body mustang that had a 5.0 in it then that would be GREAT!!!!!!!!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
+10000000000

This car has no right to even have the 5.0 emblem close to it or in the same zip code.
The "5.0" is a fox body mustang nothing else, its not a 94-95 mustang or a 2011 mustang.
Now if they did a remake of the fox body mustang that had a 5.0 in it then that would be GREAT!!!!!!!!

STFU, it has a 5 liter V8 engine in it and Ford decided to put the 5.0 badge on it. Therefore it should have them.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
+10000000000

Welcome to marketing.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
No you STFU the new mustang is a POS next thing will be a BOSS 302 :nonono:

sorry to break the news to you, but this new mustang is better in every way then the old foxbody ever was. (and i LOVE foxbodys) And I think FORD can decide what car it can and cant put the 5.0 emblem on.
On a side note, I just wish ford would have put small DOHC script on this 5.0 emblem so people wouldnt think it was slapped on there by a tacky owner. Besides that, I think its sweet! :pepper:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
STFU, it has a 5 liter V8 engine in it and Ford decided to put the 5.0 badge on it. Therefore it should have them.

Don't worry about him swoosh. The infarction isn't worth it :lol1:. Looks like another ricer troll who of course, has no idea what they are talking about, from my state :(:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread