Eaton Swap problems

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Not sure i broke mine too! Mine reads 1/4 even if full but works from 1/4 to empty so I left it.

agent-orange

Established Member
Not sure i broke mine too! Mine reads 1/4 even if full but works from 1/4 to empty so I left it.

If mine would work like yours, then I wouldnt care about it.

I found a pic, with the cobra fuel pumps.

m5lp_1008_09_o+dual_pump_fuel_hat+fore_fuel_hat.jpg

On the right side is the cobra fuel pump/hat and when you look at the bottom of the cobra fuel hat, you see the wires. There I one connector (2nd from the right) and right next to it, is a white wire which is not connected and hanging around. What I've done, I connected the yellow wire from level sensor to the connector (2dn from the right side) and the white wire I screwed on the fuel level sensor.

Was that correct??

Last edited:

agent-orange

Established Member
I found a better pic of the cobra pumps.
$(KGrHqN,!ikFBJBeY395BQkJdcZfhQ~~60_57.JPG

The white, loose wire next to the upper pump. Where do I have to connect/screw it?

Another question, with the new pumps and tank, do I also have to change the 01 Cobra FDPM with the one of the 03 Cobra??

thanks for any help

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Not sure about the pump wiring... I just slapped mine in. I also didn't change the FDPM.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The FPDMs are the same from 99-04. Even the V6's use the same FPDM.

If that white wire has an eyelet on it you probably attatch it to one of the screws that mounts the sending unit. It's been a long time since I've had my pumps out.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Last edited:

agent-orange

Established Member
The FPDMs are the same from 99-04. Even the V6's use the same FPDM.

If that white wire has an eyelet on it you probably attatch it to one of the screws that mounts the sending unit. It's been a long time since I've had my pumps out.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Yes, its the one with an eyelet. But I actually attached it, like you said. Maybe bad contact or so. Have to check that, when I have time.

agent-orange

Established Member
hi Guys

Fuel level sensor works now. For everyone who wants so know, how it have to be wired, here is a pic.

http://imagetwist.com/evzl63cxc3c9/image25.JPG.html

Does anybody know, where I can get a Cobra power steering fluid hose? I mean not the hard lines, I mean the one which is connected to the power steering pump.

Cause I saw yesterday, that the big hose of the coolant tank, pushs the ps hose into the SC belt wher the ALT is. I used the one of my 01 Cobra.

Last edited:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Any ford dealer... You can turn the fitting on the pump to make the hose work but I still didn't like the fit so I got the new hose. I think the part number is 2r32 3691aa but I would double check that's what you're looking for.

agent-orange

Established Member
Any ford dealer... You can turn the fitting on the pump to make the hose work but I still didn't like the fit so I got the new hose. I think the part number is 2r32 3691aa but I would double check that's what you're looking for.

thanks, where can I get the correct product number of that hose?

agent-orange

Established Member
Hey guys. I want to buy a new forged block. So I found a good teksid block with a crankshaft, already machined. So at the moment I only search some good pistons & rods.

I think, I will buy some "ACE 4.6 4340 H-Beam Rods" but I dont know, which pistons I should take. What dish size/CR should I'll take for that setup? I saw a good offer on modmax -> Mahle 4.6 / 5.4 Forged 16cc Dished Pistons w/ Rings but I dont know, if the CR is to high for my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread