Eaton Swap problems

agent-orange

Established Member
which PIDs are important to log? I've never done this before.

Edit: looks like, that there was a communication problem between the tuner and me. The tune which he gave me, was for the 01 Cobra Maf not for the 03 Cobra Maf. So I have to wait for the edited tune and test the car again.

Last edited:

agent-orange

Established Member
So tested the new tune, it's a bit better now. But the car is still shaking around and the idle is moving up & down all the time. When I want to run it at 2000 rpms, the idle is always moving between 1800 and 2200 rpms.

I have to check the vacuum harness, at the moment I have the feeling, that it is a vacuum leak.

agent-orange

Established Member
I check today the vacuum harness and I didnt found a leak so far. But I tested something with the soleonids. I unpluged the connector for the DPFE sensor and the car ran a bit better. The idle wasnt jumping around.

What happens, when in the tune the EGR stuff is deleted/disabled and I'm stil run all EGR stuff?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Nothing should happen. At least it didn't for me. I kept all the EGR stuff on mine because I had planned on fixing it. Then I came to reality and got a block off plate and plug for it.

agent-orange

Established Member
what could cause this up&down moving of the rev counter? Could that cause the stock fuel pump at idle?

I think I take of the complete intake and check if the lower intake gasket is not seated properly on the shortblock.

A not working injector wouldnt cause this?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
it sounds to me like you have an unmetered air problem
check the intake trac from filter to TB, clean the maf and T/b as well

oh and is the MAF cal'd to the injectors?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The tune which he gave me, was for the 01 Cobra Maf not for the 03 Cobra Maf. So I have to wait for the edited tune and test the car again.

Back when mine acted like that I had problems with MAF wash. But I was able to change the placement of the MAF sensor. Not something you can do. You need to datalog and see what the ECU is seeing.

agent-orange

Established Member

I hope, that the MAF is calibarted to the injectors, but how can I find that out? It's the stock 03 cobra MAF. What is the best way to clean the MAF?

The tuner dont send me a config file, so I think I have to do what you told me with the PIDS.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I don't think the MAF needs to be calibrated to the injectors. Wasn't that an old Pro M thing? Could be wrong though...

agent-orange

Established Member
I don't think the MAF needs to be calibrated to the injectors. Wasn't that an old Pro M thing? Could be wrong though...

Hmm, that means, I can use my 01 Cobra MAF, flash the first tune (which is for the 80mm MAF) and check if the car runs better.

Can I use the stock 01 Cobra throttle-body?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The MAF is adjusted for the injectors in the tune. In the days before tuning became popular companies would calibrate the MAF's by adjusting the size of the sample tube. This is no longer necessary.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

agent-orange

Established Member
@slo984now

Did you also installed an eaton? If yes, did you use the stock ecu/engine harness? Cause I have actually the complete ecu/engine harness incl. the 03Cobra PCM.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Make sure your throttle body screw is adjusted properly. I had issues with mine starting and then in a second stalling out w/o gas being pushed. Turned out it was the screw on the throttle body. I also had a bad IAC which caused stalling and erratic idles sometimes.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
@slo984now

Did you also installed an eaton? If yes, did you use the stock ecu/engine harness? Cause I have actually the complete ecu/engine harness incl. the 03Cobra PCM.

Wait did you use the harness or do you just have it? If you used it what I said before about the iats is wrong because you should be able to run two than with that harness and computer.

agent-orange

Established Member
Wait did you use the harness or do you just have it? If you used it what I said before about the iats is wrong because you should be able to run two than with that harness and computer.

No, I just have the complete ECM/Engine Harness. But everyone told me, I should use the stock harness.

agent-orange

Established Member
I only ask, cause I logged some data and gave the files to the tuner last sunday. I didnt hear from him so far.

Is it possible, that I can send you the log-file and look quick over it, if you see something, that isnt correct? Only if you have time of course. That would be like a second opinion, from a other tuner for me.

Users who are viewing this thread