E85 whats needed

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Be your way in one month, will you be at PBIR? I will look for you...black GT turned Faleen via body kit, 4V Fobra with sweet smelling emissions. Not too hard to pick out of the crowd. Sorry in advance if do not talk slow. Do you have Shelby snakes and Steeda decals?

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Be your way in one month, will you be at PBIR? I will look for you...black GT turned Faleen via body kit, 4V Fobra with sweet smelling emissions. Not too hard to pick out of the crowd. Sorry in advance if do not talk slow. Do you have Shelby snakes and Steeda decals?

Hey Mike, Didn't you mean to say "Steela". You must remember the great diff brace ripoff or should I say copy from years ago:D

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You got me. My car is super slow. Especially weighing in at a portly 3750 race weight. No sense in arguing with you over that. If you were only closer we could line them up and see how well I could keep up with your $15k modded beast with my portly saleen running on corn. I bet it wouldn't be pretty.........:bowdown:
:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, your 10.0's @ over 141 MPH on 18" Nitto Drag Radials in full street trim won't come close. These guys much faster than that!

Don't waste your breath bro. It's not worth it.

Can't wait to see what she will run on the corn and when you turn it up! :rockon: Mid 9's on 18" Nittos should be fun to watch. :pop:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, your 10.0's @ over 141 MPH on 18" Nitto Drag Radials in full street trim won't come close. These guys much faster than that!

Don't waste your breath bro. It's not worth it.

Can't wait to see what she will run on the corn and when you turn it up! :rockon: Mid 9's on 18" Nittos should be fun to watch. :pop:

...and hilarious to watch on the street.

good luck running 9's hope you achieve that number

blowngt

Established Member
...and hilarious to watch on the street.

good luck running 9's hope you achieve that number

I did my share of street racing years ago and have watch a few people go down for it. I love the rush, I just don't take those risks anymore.

I'll gladly run you at the track when you come down. We're at PBIR all the time.

Afterwards I'll even buy you a beer.........:beer:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Yep, how many of the MDQ (major dyno queens) even have one or address the potential disaster?

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Badass....if you are even following this post any more.....

Why don't you spin the piss out of the Eaton..like 19-21 psi to take advantage of the E85? You mentioned 26*, there is not much much room there, you are probably near or at ideal MBT. I think you are stuck and will have to increase boost by 3-4,5 psi.

If you are just going to tune from same boost and timing to AFR....you are right, you would happy with 5% increase. You HP gain will most likely come from increasing boost, not timing. What is your current HP...and what fuel are you running to get that HP?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Badass....if you are even following this post any more.....

Why don't you spin the piss out of the Eaton..like 19-21 psi to take advantage of the E85? You mentioned 26*, there is not much much room there, you are probably near or at ideal MBT. I think you are stuck and will have to increase boost by 3-4,5 psi.

If you are just going to tune from same boost and timing to AFR....you are right, you would happy with 5% increase. You HP gain will most likely come from increasing boost, not timing. What is your current HP...and what fuel are you running to get that HP?

not 26...24*

because the eaton loses too much efficiency after 16psi. builds heat, drops off peak power (which I need). I dont use anything below 4800rpm so I need all the high hp I can get.

I run a 2.93 / 4# combo now and Ive switched to a 2.76 upper quite a few times at the track and gained nothing. identical et form 60' to traps. datalogs showed an increase in boost but also an increase in IAT2 and engine temp

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Gotcha

Hopefully you still have that 2.76". Are you ported?....I see 468/470 (probably not)

What were you thinking to do?....put 2.76" back on dyno/track/street tune then dial in. I was thinking 2.76" back on increase fuel, data log, tune, add degree tune, add degree, if need add degree, if need add degree, if needed change the lower.

Since you already have baseline's with the 2.76" heatsoaking, you can really play with your combo. If you have the time or desire to dive into (and report) this, you can provide the community a lot of useful info....not just some bafoon saying you made 110 HP/RWT.

What is your current fuel setup? Will you do the majority tune at the track, street, dyno?

You could have your work cut out for you.

It's hard to explain but loosing to much efficiency could be a good thing

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Gotcha

Hopefully you still have that 2.76". Are you ported?....I see 468/470 (probably not)

What were you thinking to do?....put 2.76" back on dyno/track/street tune then dial in. I was thinking 2.76" back on increase fuel, data log, tune, add degree tune, add degree, if need add degree, if need add degree, if needed change the lower.

Since you already have baseline's with the 2.76" heatsoaking, you can really play with your combo. If you have the time or desire to dive into (and report) this, you can provide the community a lot of useful info....not just some bafoon saying you made 110 HP/RWT.

What is your current fuel setup? Will you do the majority tune at the track, street, dyno?

You could have your work cut out for you.

It's hard to explain but loosing to much efficiency could be a good thing

its ported..you see the ET next to those numbers right...those are auto numbers.

I was going to leave it as is because this combo has gotten me the most consistancy and the best numbers.

my plan was to hit the track, dyno come april and see where the car is at. then drain the tank and add the e85 and hit the dyno with the same boost, timing...maybe add some in a "race" tune to see if it likes it. then hit the track and see if i gained anything.

I have

stock rails
stock lines
stock pumps
BAP
60# inj

Ive havemade 602rwhp on this setup with a 125 shot and was out of pump w/ the BAP on 50% so Im thinking I might be ok with this setup on just the eaton.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
its ported..you see the ET next to those numbers right...those are auto numbers.

I was going to leave it as is because this combo has gotten me the most consistancy and the best numbers.

my plan was to hit the track, dyno come april and see where the car is at. then drain the tank and add the e85 and hit the dyno with the same boost, timing...maybe add some in a "race" tune to see if it likes it. then hit the track and see if i gained anything.

I have

stock rails
stock lines
stock pumps
BAP
60# inj

Ive havemade 602rwhp on this setup with a 125 shot and was out of pump w/ the BAP on 50% so Im thinking I might be ok with this setup on just the eaton.

Ok thinking you dyno'd on boosted Eaton only with manual got number, put auto and nitrous (wasn't the auto one of your latest mods?) then ran track times.

Agree, just swap the 125 shot for the E85. I would bring a 2.76 and belt to the dyno session as well. Swap during a cool down. I did the same thing during my dial in with Whipple on race gas. Your lines should be fine (metal prob better than synthetic), rails OK for sure, 60's should be fine probably see 65-75DC range, below 80 though (is that what you were seeing with that 600 run?). You will either run out of pumps/SC or be pretty close. To be advantageous, I would try to squeeze every ounce out of the pumps/SC, esp if you have to store a 55 gal drum and don't have a station around.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I did my share of street racing years ago and have watch a few people go down for it. I love the rush, I just don't take those risks anymore.

I'll gladly run you at the track when you come down. We're at PBIR all the time.

Afterwards I'll even buy you a beer.........:beer:

Will not have my car, can't drive it there on E85, :-D

I may be at the track's Test and Tune in Feb. That is 3. on my list. I would like to see the rennovations. 1. Visit famly (grew up in Hollywood) 2. Miami Boat Show.

I am serious, if I am there I will look for you...I will buy round 2 :beer:

blowngt

Established Member
Will not have my car, can't drive it there on E85, :-D

I may be at the track's Test and Tune in Feb. That is 3. on my list. I would like to see the rennovations. 1. Visit famly (grew up in Hollywood) 2. Miami Boat Show.

I am serious, if I am there I will look for you...I will buy round 2 :beer:

You'll like the new track. It looks similar, but the surface is all concrete. Much smoother....

Sounds good, shoot me a PM when you get here.....:rockon:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ok thinking you dyno'd on boosted Eaton only with manual got number, put auto and nitrous (wasn't the auto one of your latest mods?) then ran track times.

Agree, just swap the 125 shot for the E85. I would bring a 2.76 and belt to the dyno session as well. Swap during a cool down. I did the same thing during my dial in with Whipple on race gas. Your lines should be fine (metal prob better than synthetic), rails OK for sure, 60's should be fine probably see 65-75DC range, below 80 though (is that what you were seeing with that 600 run?). You will either run out of pumps/SC or be pretty close. To be advantageous, I would try to squeeze every ounce out of the pumps/SC, esp if you have to store a 55 gal drum and don't have a station around.

those numbers are ported eaton through locked up converter 4r70w. Ive been auto for 3 years now. and those times are with no nitrous. Havent ran the bottle in over a year.

thanks for the advice man

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I can tell you guys several 93 n/a cars w nitrous are changing pistons right now to bump compression to 12/1 for e85. Back in the old days we ran 14/1 w pure meth so e98 should be almost the same and gain back most of the mpg. This stuff is just getting fairly sorted out now for turbos same needs to be done for s/c late models if thats what you want.

I can tell you a dsm put down over 650 whp w e85 you just can't do that w 93 oct. Run more boost and timing vs 93 oct. end of story. Lot cheaper than race gas. Prob the s/c solution for same boost would be to increase static compression a point. From 8.5 to 9.5

Like i said my friend hauled his cobra engine transplant to minn. they did a full tune w dual walboros and 80# injectors, sct maf on e85 and it did fine at 17# boost on the 2.4 kb. I can't say exact whp sorry.

650cobra

Established Member
This thread Delivers.. I drive 2hrs just to fill up 2 55 gallon barrels..It dose not bother me at all. I just fill up my car and go out and dominate other cars with the same setup..Reason I win is because of the cheap high octane fuel. To me it makes sence to run it. If you want to win you have to take every advantage you can.. This e-85 deal just happens to yield great advantages at a much cheaper price than race fuel.. Its clearly a win for hot rodders everywhere..

corysmach1

Established Member
Ok I can get E85 here only minutes away.....ok I need 80 lb. innjectors, 2 GT pumps, modified FPDM, and a BAP??? I am getting ready to do a stage 5 port so lets say I make 520rwhp how much could I make with a E85 tune? Thanks guys.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Ok...so take this with a grain of salt, but....

I work on the head line and we had to put in special coated valves AND seats to handle E85. Are you guys swapping out your valves or anything like that? Just curious....

Users who are viewing this thread