E85 whats needed

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Go to the other site and read the few people that DRIVE not beat their cars reaction...one statement being, you will be living at the pump. I did not type that. I sit back and laugh.

I read that whole thread this morning and I laughed at that one as well:lol:

blowngt

Established Member
Post up you're damn mileage e85 poster boy. I'm trying to get "FACTS" from you. Instead of fist pumping you're 100 horsepower midrange gains give me you're driving habits and FUEL ECONOMY (MPG PER TANK OF FUEL). Until then you fail :bs:

Are the e85 peeps scared to post up the mileage per tank of fuel? I'm thinking it's around 140 to 150 miles per tank with my driving habits but who knows, nobody posts up specific info. Let's just say it's 160 miles per tank it's not worth the bullshit, lol.

Post up you're driving habits and mileage. If you only get 140 to 150 miles per tank it's not worth the extra bullshit.

I'm not bashing, just pointing out the situation. Like I said, post up you're driving habits and mileage. I have a friend that owns a truck stop that has 110 at the pump but he will deliver me a 55 gallon drum of 110 with a hand pump. That's how I'm gonna roll next summer. Make sure you post up if you switch over as it will be interesting to see how you're car responds. It's not saving anything in my case to switch over is my point.

I fill up my fuel tank enough already, 5-6 gallons of 110 to 9-10 gallons of 93. The one time I measured fuel economy since it's been back on the road it was roughly 15 mpg and thats not driving like granny going to the grocery store. That's roughly 200 to 225 miles per tank just driving around town and a little freeway driving mixed in and greasing the tires in the first 3 gears every once in a while. Why don't you e85 guys post up you're driving habits and mpg for comparison's sake. I would not want to switch if I would only get 160 or less miles per tank of fuel. It doesn't seem so green to me. I didn't buy this car so I could go "green" anyway.

It's not bs to the people that don't want to go to the pump everytime they drive the car. It's not bs to people that don't have e85 at every gas station in town. Nobody purchases a mustang for fuel economy, you're the "idiot" that keeps bringing that up. The fact is that high horsepower cars will live at the pump while running this stuff moreso than regular fuel. That's a fact, getting that through you're thinking brick seems somewhat difficult.

I'm the one that brings it up..........really??

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
E85 is where it is guys. You will put 110 HP and 110 torque to the wheel, getting your numbers to 710 at the peak on a stock block. It is well worth it. No reported problems at all.

You guys need to do this. Do not run race gas, esp. don't do cams in any Cobra. You loose all drivability. Because you loose all drivability, my friend can ony go forward and in reverse, he really can't drive the car, its funny to watch him.

$11.5k for 650 HP?? I'm glad I don't live in Michigan.........another one diagnosed with a learning disability,

I typed, "(have no intrest on new heads or modding my heads for nearly same price of 3300) and 3800 on the install so....over 15K later I'm where I am". Blowngt over 15K not 11.5K for 650, blowngt you just don't get it. I understand s-l-o-w. Do cars take after their owners?

04 Sleeper let me tell you won, will that make you sleep better. Being Sat. go fill up with E85, put 700HP on your nonDR rear tires, drive at peak power, to HPP before they close and brag to all of your friends that you won.

blowngt

Established Member

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member

blowngt

Established Member
E85 is where it is guys. People have made 110 HP and 110 torque seeing HP, getting you number to 710 at the peak on a stock block. It is well worth it. No reported problems at all.

You guys need to do this. Do not run race gas, esp. don't do cams in any Cobra. You loose all drivability. Because you loose all drivability, my friend can ony go forward and in reverse, he really can't drive the car, its funny to watch him.

$11.5k for 650 HP?? I'm glad I don't live in Michigan.........another one diagnosed with a learning disability.

04 Sleeper let me tell you won, will that make you sleep better. Being Sat. go fill up with E85, put 700HP on your nonDR rear tires, drive at peak power, to HPP before they close and brag to all of your friends that you won.

It's all good. If I spent the kind of jack you did to get where you are I'd be pissed too.......

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I'm the one that brings it up..........really??

I drive the shit out of my car everytime I'm in it and get 15 mpg with a highly modified engine. The same on e85 would probably net me 1/2 that or less. Sorry I don't want to fill my car up every 100 miles or less. If that works for you filling you're rig up everyday then that's great. Good for you buddy. It's not my daily driver either.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Congrats!!

I'm hoping that the 80's will be enough for me (no compound, just turbos). If they're not, I may just go to a BS3 or Megasquirt.

Or the 12 160 lb injectors that the guy on modularford's was talking about. Sounds like a cheap easy conversion for the high horsepower guys:rockon:

blowngt

Established Member
I drive the shit out of my car everytime I'm in it and get 15 mpg with a highly modified engine. The same on e85 would probably net me 1/2 that or less. Sorry I don't want to fill my car up every 100 miles or less. If that works for you filling you're rig up everyday then that's great. Good for you buddy. It's not my daily driver either.

Oh, I didn't realize you had real world data. I though you were just making assumptions. Sorry about that. Go ahead and post up your facts, I'll be waiting.

blowngt

Established Member
Or the 12 160 lb injectors that the guy on modularford's was talking about. Sounds like a cheap easy conversion for the high horsepower guys:rockon:

Different strokes for different folks.

I can show you combo's that range from 200# injectors that cost $230 a piece, to combo's that run 16 - 60# injectors, and everything in between. So what's your point??

Let me remind you what the original point of this thread was (after all, I was diagnosed with a documented learning disability :loser: )

E85 what's needed

What would I need to convert my car to E85? It currently sports a 2.2(21#s) Kenne bell, 60# injectors, a Boost a Pump and a Diablosport MAFia.(of course I have the other mods like full Bassani O/R exhaust, single blade TB, JLT RAI, brakes, drivetrain.....blah blah blah)

Will the 60# and BAP going to be sufficient enough? What other items will I need other then a retune? Been wanting to make the switch for a little while. I checked out E85mustang.com however they dont have it posted what all needs switched. Although the yellow mustang on there with 660rwhp is running 60# injectors which is should be in the neighbor hood I would be at.

Even for your "highly modified" engine, 80's will be more than enough. Let us know what you get tired of paying $16/gal for race fuel and we'll gladly help you convert too..........

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
OK so here is my next question, I have one gas station near by me and then a couple other that are a little drive to get to, Would it be worth while to run this on a turbo car that has a good intercooler. I mean is it going to be a good gain for the hassle I have to go through buying the parts and then only having one gas station that carries it? I saw the power gain over the fuel on a PD blower but will it be less on a car that has a Air to Air on it at around 15lbs of boost.

To answer the questions above from utfan, the regulator is a aeromotive unit, the filter is aermotive, they are all brand new, I havent even installed them yet. lol

I am looking to drive my car around mostly but it will see the track on occasion. I am wanting to determine if it is better to run this then run race fuel when needed.

Sure most people run E85 on turbos outside the Mustang/Cobra world air to air or water to air.....it is all realative and all in the tuning. As far as the hassel, how easy are you hasseled? Ask yourself (not being a butthole)? Fuel components will work.

I would not even ask the question if it was me in your situation. I think you are committing to the use of more than 93 with your future set up.

I did see you future plans in your sig sorry.....Coming Soon: T-76 Turbonetics custom turbo kit, MMR 900 short block, UPR K-member kit, True Forged Victories, Cobra R hood, 03 cobra mirrors, Tokico 5 way adj. and new paint.

Yes 80's for sure assuming your are going to run around 8# boost...GT BAP with duel drivers.....and yes E85 will help you. That sounds like a race gas set-up. You can run 93 as well, 104, 110, 116. It's all in the tune. One of early turbo Terminator dudes, Postban, once on this site and a city neighbor put around 700 or so with a single turbo on 93. The only comparasion that I know of is an 6-8% increase over a race tune (considering SC boost increase of 3 psi and 4-6 advance in tming). E85 allows you to tune up and add boost/timing or both. Turbo's increase I do not know about, they are more efficient than TS. Maybe a 8-10% increase. Maybe someone can reply.

If I was going to do this as you are thinking, I would do 93, race gas and E85 tunes in my programmer (if that is what you use). Run the tank to low levels and fill up with whatever (race/E85). You will have to do 2 seperate tuning sessions with pure "tanks" an tune to consideration.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member

Let me give you my converted E85 answer: it's cheap though, who cares it 2/gallon.

When was it $2.00 gallon, 2 years ago?

Yep copied and pasted

The National E85 Price Report

National
E85 Prices
$2.29
Avg. Gas Price
$2.7
Price Spread
14.76%
E85prices.com

blowngt

Established Member
Let me give you my converted E85 answer: it's cheap though, who cares it 2/gallon.

When was it $2.00 gallon, 2 years ago?

Yep copied and pasted

The National E85 Price Report

National
E85 Prices
$2.29
Avg. Gas Price
$2.7
Price Spread
14.76%
E85prices.com

Now do that same analagy with whatever flavor of race gas you'd like seeing as that is what we are comparing E85 to.........

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Different strokes for different folks.

I can show you combo's that range from 200# injectors that cost $230 a piece, to combo's that run 16 - 60# injectors, and everything in between. So what's your point??

Let me remind you what the original point of this thread was (after all, I was diagnosed with a documented learning disability :loser: )

E85 what's needed

What would I need to convert my car to E85? It currently sports a 2.2(21#s) Kenne bell, 60# injectors, a Boost a Pump and a Diablosport MAFia.(of course I have the other mods like full Bassani O/R exhaust, single blade TB, JLT RAI, brakes, drivetrain.....blah blah blah)

Will the 60# and BAP going to be sufficient enough? What other items will I need other then a retune? Been wanting to make the switch for a little while. I checked out E85mustang.com however they dont have it posted what all needs switched. Although the yellow mustang on there with 660rwhp is running 60# injectors which is should be in the neighbor hood I would be at.

Even for your "highly modified" engine, 80's will be more than enough. Let us know what you get tired of paying $16/gal for race fuel and we'll gladly help you convert too..........

Where do you get 16 bucks a gallon. I get 110 from the pump for 6.25 a gallon. I don't need 80 lb injectors even if I step up to a 2.3 whipple. My fuel system is done.

blowngt

Established Member
Where do you get 16 bucks a gallon. I get 110 from the pump for 6.25 a gallon. I don't need 80 lb injectors even if I step up to a 2.3 whipple. My fuel system is done.

$16/gal for C16:

VP Racing fuel C16

The guys down here that have switched over to E85 were previously running C16. That's what the comparisons were coming from. Again, this isn't something I've read or what someone told me...........this is what real world results have proven.

Congrat's on being done. For those of us that want to make big power, 60's aren't going be enough, regardless of what fuel you run......

blowngt

Established Member
I typed, "(have no intrest on new heads or modding my heads for nearly same price of 3300) and 3800 on the install so....over 15K later I'm where I am". Blowngt over 15K not 11.5K for 650, blowngt you just don't get it. I understand s-l-o-w. Do cars take after their owners

BTW, I didn't mean to sell you $3.5k short. Even more impressive HP/dollar spent. Congrats......

You got me. My car is super slow. Especially weighing in at a portly 3750 race weight. No sense in arguing with you over that. If you were only closer we could line them up and see how well I could keep up with your $15k modded beast with my portly saleen running on corn. I bet it wouldn't be pretty.........:bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread