E85 + Stock Pump + CPRsm Turbo + Auto = 735RWHP

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Had the car back on the dyno for some testing tonight.

Before I was rocking the stock spring, so in order to get any power out of her in the upper RPMs I was having to ramp up the boost then let it fall off. She did ok, and made 700rwhp and a little over 700 ftlbs, but that was with 10psi down low helping get the torque up. Fast forward to today....

And we get 735rwhp STD Corrected and 673ft/lbs @ 7.8psi peak ~5800rpm and dropping to a nice 7.2psi at 7100rpm.

Breaks the 500ft/lbs mark just at 4050rpm (Im going to play around with ramping in the boost faster but this was just testing wast gate spring and some E85 stuff, I had the Gate Pressure set to Zero on the eBoost2...opps)

And YES, The STOCK PUMP made 740rwhp STD Corrected with a JMS Fuel Pump Boost @ 21volts on E85. At 7100rpm it started to lean out a bit letting me know that anything more...and the pump is just out of steam. Going to follow up with some wiring upgrades to see if it will bring some more life into the pump.

Not bad for a 53,XXX mile 2012 mustang that Used to get hit with a TON of spray back in the day while I worked on the 6r80 tune stuff.

20131029_201845_11_zps83ba83b2.jpg

Chris

01bluesnake

Established Member
Congrats Chris! That is some great power on such low psi. Amazing how much hp these pumps are supporting. When you getting out to the track for testing?

Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers Chris. I bet you are glad I talked you into the corn. Do the pump wire upgrades like I explained and you should gain some more pump duty cycle. I can't wait to see what she does at the track. Let me know if I can be of anymore help. Putting both of our heads together should net some great results :).

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Congrats Chris! That is some great power on such low psi. Amazing how much hp these pumps are supporting. When you getting out to the track for testing?

Soon, I have some more dialing in on the dyno, then to the track I go. I have to ditch this stock cat back exhaust. I think this is the quietest 10sec mustang ever. I was getting made fun of for it at FL2k. Plus its costing me ~80rwhp so all the dyno stuff is done with me with the stock mufflers off of it.

As far as the pump goes, This is the max. I might turn it down a bit and do a wire upgrade to get some more out of it, but Its time for a new setup.

nice numbers! Built motor?

Thanks, and No, 53,000 + miles and a boat load of spray through her.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Congrats on the numbers Chris. I bet you are glad I talked you into the corn. Do the pump wire upgrades like I explained and you should gain some more pump duty cycle. I can't wait to see what she does at the track. Let me know if I can be of anymore help. Putting both of our heads together should net some great results :).

Thats next for tomorrow. She made good power, but I think as it stands You have been faster! As always thanks for the help, its always nice to get advice and to bounce ideas off of a local guy thats been on the corn for a while and rocks a stalled 6r80. :beer::rockon:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Soon, I have some more dialing in on the dyno, then to the track I go. I have to ditch this stock cat back exhaust. I think this is the quietest 10sec mustang ever. I was getting made fun of for it at FL2k. Plus its costing me ~80rwhp so all the dyno stuff is done with me with the stock mufflers off of it.

As far as the pump goes, This is the max. I might turn it down a bit and do a wire upgrade to get some more out of it, but Its time for a new setup.

Thanks, and No, 53,000 + miles and a boat load of spray through her.

cool, looking forward to the results as im doing a custom single over winter and shooting for the same power. Lol, the stock catback is horrible for helping spool and building boost, hopefully cut a lot better 60's with it off. Will be interested to see what a wire upgrade for the pump does, but great power regardless. Congrats again, will be watching for updates :beer:

04compgt

Established Member
Thats next for tomorrow. She made good power, but I think as it stands You have been faster! As always thanks for the help, its always nice to get advice and to bounce ideas off of a local guy thats been on the corn for a while and rocks a stalled 6r80. :beer::rockon:

I don't think it will be much longer before you beat my et. I can't wait to see her ride out next time out!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Nice numbers!

Why push the limits of the fuel pump?

It was there...plus If i can find the limits, it might help others make informed choices on upgrades down the line. Plus I did not know it was going to make this much power on less than 8psi!

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
It was there...plus If i can find the limits, it might help others make informed choices on upgrades down the line. Plus I did not know it was going to make this much power on less than 8psi!

You shouldnt doubt the caveman ;) lol

Shaun@AED

Nice! E85 FTW! (I guess CPR turbo FTW too ;-) )

Dynocom unit huh... Turn smoothing down to 1, power is likely higher and the software is smoothing it out, lowering it.

Users who are viewing this thread