E85 questions

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I'm wanting to go to e85, what are the things needed to make this happen. Injectiors? Pumps? Any help would be great thanks

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Return less fuel system, stock pumps stock injectors, going with the BAP and larger injectors for more hp without e85 but want to get about 600 hp to the crank

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Return less fuel system, stock pumps stock injectors, going with the BAP and larger injectors for more hp without e85 but want to get about 600 hp to the crank
Not sure the stock pumps will get you there with a BAP .... with my old POSI Eaton e85 setup (549 rwhp/570 rwtq) I used GT pumps and a BAP, 60# PRPP injectors with no issues...

testorossa1989

Established Member
To answer your question there's conflicting opinions between tuners and owners early on about the matter of fuel lines and many using stock on E85 while others say no its corrosive. The same is said about the pumps but that has been proven in a dissection of a walbro pump 255 and 400 that both weren't E85 compatible (400 claimed it was). The blades inside broke down and tainted the fuel filters discoloring them. Basically the pumps failed after 10 hours of use. As far as injectors I'm not sure as much of what's available now is compatible.

I run upgraded everything, if I did it again I'd just do pumps and bigger injectors.

All this is a matter of opinion and the fuel sprays 30% more so even if the stock injectors were compatible they likely wouldn't keep up.

Again opinions here change from perspective, person and tuner.

Hope this was helpful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've thought about going E85 on my current set up, but I have the old GT pumps. I think the E85 would kill them. Although I wouldn't run E85 all the time. Just when I have to run against my buddies.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I've thought about going E85 on my current set up, but I have the old GT pumps. I think the E85 would kill them. Although I wouldn't run E85 all the time. Just when I have to run against my buddies.

Thought about doing two tunes as well

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I ran the walbro 255's for one summer on e85. I was a little nervous about doing it, but others have with zero issues.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I did the returnless setup for 2 years, improved GT pumps, -8an feed line, dual FPDM setup, Ford Racing 80's, Division X rails and fuel filter. Worked good, but it depends a lot on your tuner, it is hard to tune a returnless setup making 600 hp and still have good drivability. Should have spent the money and went return style the first time.

I have a pair of improved GT pumps (rated for e85) from my old setup I'd be willing to sell. They are 3 years old, about 6k miles on them, never ran corn through them. Was supporting 600 rwhp on 93. $150 plus fees shipped.

nxhappy

Established Member
to do it right it's not cheap by any means. For BEST results: full return system, high flow pumps, ID1000 injectors, etc

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have the "old" supercar GT pumps (non-E85 rated), 80lbs fms inj, bap, -8 feed, factory fuel rails, still returnless, 714 wheel hp 2.3 whipple 22 psi, factory untouched '04 motor, 04sleeper tuned

Almost 9 years on these fuel parts full time E85. Highly doubt there's another terminator on this forum or any other as long as this car running E85.

Still going as strong as ever, just ran the car HARD two days ago, hitting 22 psi zero issues, this car LOVES the corn brew

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the "old" supercar GT pumps (non-E85 rated), 80lbs fms inj, bap, -8 feed, factory fuel rails, still returnless, 714 wheel hp 2.3 whipple 22 psi, factory untouched '04 motor, 04sleeper tuned

Almost 9 years on these fuel parts full time E85. Highly doubt there's another terminator on this forum or any other as long as this car running E85.

Still going as strong as ever, just ran the car HARD two days ago, hitting 22 psi zero issues, this car LOVES the corn brew

That's good to know. I have injectors from an old project that never came to be. So I'm really covered there.

My only other question is would be worth running E85 on a stock eaton?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That's good to know. I have injectors from an old project that never came to be. So I'm really covered there.

Well, you should see 30-40 over your gas tune. Have lower cylinder temps, almost zero chance of detonation. I would say yes it's worth it, not too many times in the performance world can you increase hp/tq AND increase the safety factor.

The only negatives are lower mpg and availability of pumps in your area. But you're not completely strapped to it, either. Run the tank down, drop in your pump gas tune and fill up with gas. My opinion is once you run E85 you'll make every effort possible to avoid going back to the gas tune, but if in a pinch the gas tune is there if you need it.

Eatonualive281

Established Member

Absolutely! If you have the fuel and the parts to make it work, then why not? Literally no downside, only upside.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have two pumps within a couple miles of my house. Thankfully I can do my own tuning as well. I'd just have to install my way overkill injectors. But you guys are talking me into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ralo

Established Member

What FPDM setup? Ever had issues with it?

Users who are viewing this thread