e85 Questions

gearhead08

Established Member
I have not forgotten about you all. I am just slowly getting my headers put on. With jackstands, by myself with not a whole lot of time to work on the car. I have the passenger side in. Its true though. Just pay someone else to do them.

builttodrive

Established Member
I have not forgotten about you all. I am just slowly getting my headers put on. With jackstands, by myself with not a whole lot of time to work on the car. I have the passenger side in. Its true though. Just pay someone else to do them.

Jon W and I installed my headers on jack stands in my garage also. It wasn't the most fun thing in the world thats for sure.

Keep us informed on the fuel pumps!

gearhead08

Established Member
Okay guys. Just an update. Dw300m pumps plugged right in and played like stated. My only problem with them so far was the fuel pump socks. The way they attach is not of quality so they were easily falling off. I would of used my OEM sock, but it ripped. So I fiddled with them to stay on and once pumps are installed I know the pressure on them by sitting at the bottom of the fuel tank should be enough. I will have a tune on the car by Saturday hopefully if all goes well with my tuner having the time.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Okay guys. Just an update. Dw300m pumps plugged right in and played like stated. My only problem with them so far was the fuel pump socks. The way they attach is not of quality so they were easily falling off. I would of used my OEM sock, but it ripped. So I fiddled with them to stay on and once pumps are installed I know the pressure on them by sitting at the bottom of the fuel tank should be enough. I will have a tune on the car by Saturday hopefully if all goes well with my tuner having the time.

The socks that come with those pumps are garbage! If it doesn't snap on it will fall off. You have to be careful pressing them on too so you don't break the plastic skeleton inside. That stuff got sucked up into one of my pumps and burned it up. I would highly recommend going to buy some oem socks and using them instead if at all possible. If it's not feasible to do so, make sure you shake the socks and look at the very closely to see if there are any broken pieces from installing them. Also make sure you get them to snap on. You'll know it when it happens. I had to trim on the hat's feet and openings for the pumps (on the plastic hat piece, not the pumps) to make them finally snap. Good luck!

gearhead08

Established Member
Ok tuner was unable to get dyno time. He is street tuning it as we speak. Short pull so far this is the data he has. 80% on the pumps and 69 on the injectors at 5200rpm. Its still a tad bit rich. He is still playing with it. So as of right now its looking like the extra 1300rpm should be covered fuel wise with stock lines and rails in the system. We shall see.

sleek98

Established Member
Hopefully the final numbers come back within spec. You just changed the pumps in the stock hat, added a BAP and injectors right?

gearhead08

Established Member
Hopefully the final numbers come back within spec. You just changed the pumps in the stock hat, added a BAP and injectors right?
Well my previous setup already had vmp voltage boosters and Id1000s. So yes. All I did for the added lower pulley and headers was the dw300m fuel pumps.

gearhead08

Established Member
As of right now. It has 2.4 pulley gen 1 vmp tvs matched inlet. 67mm vmp tb. 123mm jlt intake. 10%lower. Full exhaust headers back. I am hoping to be around 20psi with headers. Fuel mods as of now are SS fuel filter. Dw300m fuel pumps. Id1000s and twin vmp voltage boosters.

builttodrive

Established Member
As of right now. It has 2.4 pulley gen 1 vmp tvs matched inlet. 67mm vmp tb. 123mm jlt intake. 10%lower. Full exhaust headers back. I am hoping to be around 20psi with headers. Fuel mods as of now are SS fuel filter. Dw300m fuel pumps. Id1000s and twin vmp voltage boosters.

Looks promising...keep us informed! Also what is the filter your are using?

gearhead08

Established Member
No as of right now I have not. My tuner actually has a 2nd job he went to. So it will be later tonight for final results.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
So far it's looking good! Hopefully the car can stay in safe limits and be good! It'll be interesting to see the results between lines being replaced and not!

Users who are viewing this thread