e85 Questions

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Nice, that should make it easy then! Lol I would wait on the rails and lines until you install the new pumps though unless you just want to do them. It's not hard to do at all. Just make sure you have enough fuel line so you don't run short. Make sure you add enough for the fuel rail crossover too if you go that route.

jazz

Established Member
Alright. I ll prolly go with the that kit from lethal with the walbro 465lph pumps and see how it goes.

strokedtermi03

I have a 2010 tvs 2.4 pulley 123mm cai o/r x 90mm idler and stock 13/14 injectors and a KB BAP dynoed AT 639rwhp SAE corrected. Upgraded to ID1000 and retuned for E85 dynoed at 714rwhp with out maxing out pump or injectors...what can be such a big vary from car to car?

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Alright. I ll prolly go with the that kit from lethal with the walbro 465lph pumps and see how it goes.

Good deal! You should try to do an install write up for us! When I do finally go return I was looking at that kit to round out the rest of what I need.

I have a 2010 tvs 2.4 pulley 123mm cai o/r x 90mm idler and stock 13/14 injectors and a KB BAP dynoed AT 639rwhp SAE corrected. Upgraded to ID1000 and retuned for E85 dynoed at 714rwhp with out maxing out pump or injectors...what can be such a big vary from car to car?

There are a few factors that make fueling needs vary, but I also think some tuners just want to play it safe. Not saying they are wrong at all for that, but sometimes you gotta prove to people things can work outside the normal parameters. It's best to datalog and see if your current setup can push out an extra 30-40% of fuel. As BJ said, a BAP isn't going to give you that. You'd need to obviously upgrade the pumps at that point.

Last edited:

jonw605

Established Member
My '11 is 703 rwhp with a gen 1, e85, ID1000's and a BAP tuned by VMP. Neither the pump nor injectors are maxed out.

thebuffalo11

Established Member
Well I'm going to try it with just id1000, and bap, and re tune. Then I'll check air fuel ration and data log to see if I'm maxing out. Keep u all updated...

jazz

Established Member
Good deal! You should try to do an install write up for us! When I do finally go return I was looking at that kit to round out the rest of what I need.

There are a few factors that make fueling needs vary, but I also think some tuners just want to play it safe. Not saying they are wrong at all for that, but sometimes you gotta prove to people things can work outside the normal parameters. It's best to datalog and see if your current setup can push out an extra 30-40% of fuel. As BJ said, a BAP isn't going to give you that. You'd need to obviously upgrade the pumps at that point.

Strokedtermi03
I know couple of other people who have done the same as you just BAP and id1000 to run e85. whats your rev limiter set at strokedtermi03? this one person made 740rwhp on e85 with just id1000 and Bap. he's running a tvs as well. I do think its doable but depends on the tuners mostly i think... 13/14 sheblys are able to run e85 with just id1000's and BAP because it already comes with better fuel pumps
Not sure which setup i ll doing yet but leaning more towards with what PHANTOMHALO has done, just the fuel pumps

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
just for reference of what the stock fuel line looks like that we are feeding the 800+ horsepower engines with.... vs the -10 fuel line I recentley installed with twin 465 pumps. Seems crazy to ME that this little line is still used at theese elevated power level we are talking about. Im sure SOME people get away with 1000's and pump boosters but that setup seems like a band aid for what is really needed.
IMG_1292.jpg

jazz

Established Member
just for reference of what the stock fuel line looks like that we are feeding the 800+ horsepower engines with.... vs the -10 fuel line I recentley installed with twin 465 pumps. Seems crazy to ME that this little line is still used at theese elevated power level we are talking about. Im sure SOME people get away with 1000's and pump boosters but that setup seems like a band aid for what is really needed.
IMG_1292.jpg

I'm just trying to hit 700 tho :rolling:

jonw605

Established Member
builttodrive is right. 2.4 upper with stock lower on a Mustang dyno.
I would agree with thebuffalo11 with giving it a try, of course, being very watchful of going lean.

gearhead08

Established Member
So I just bought the DW300M fuel pumps for my car. I am going to plug them in and see how it will work with my new mods I am adding. 10% lower and SW 1 7/8ths headers. I will not be adding bigger rails or lines like phantom. I want to see if my car will be pushing enough fuel with ID1000s, vmp dual boosters and dw300m pumps for the new mods. I will report back with my findings in the next couple weeks. Hopefully its a simple solution for everyone and maybe return systems wont be the first words coming out of their mouth for fuel mods.

jazz

Established Member
So I just bought the DW300M fuel pumps for my car. I am going to plug them in and see how it will work with my new mods I am adding. 10% lower and SW 1 7/8ths headers. I will not be adding bigger rails or lines like phantom. I want to see if my car will be pushing enough fuel with ID1000s, vmp dual boosters and dw300m pumps for the new mods. I will report back with my findings in the next couple weeks. Hopefully its a simple solution for everyone and maybe return systems wont be the first words coming out of their mouth for fuel mods.

I will be going the same route as you soon, defintely let us know about your results...

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
^Im definitely curious as well! I know no two setups are alike, but it would be a nice ballpark shot for people to try before going full return style.

Users who are viewing this thread